TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Autograph authentication?

Wayne in NJ

How would one go about getting a (possible) Shelby autograph authenticated?

(For what it's worth), here's a FB link to a photo of the autograph sent me by a fellow Dodge Shelby owner:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200805355349923&set=gm.632689126754680&type=1&theater

Thanks!

Wayne,

The autograph looks authentic, but without documentation (Certificate of Authenticity, CSF Donation paperwork, Photo of Signing, etc.) still hard to establish, and certainly as respects current and future value. What is the signature written on?

Wayne,

The autograph looks authentic, but without documentation (Certificate of Authenticity, CSF Donation paperwork, Photo of Signing, etc.) still hard to establish, and certainly as respects current and future value. What is the signature written on?

Hi!

Thanks for your response.

I will have to ask my friend, that sent me the photo, (via text message on the phone!), of the autograph.

Here's my friend Ralph's reply (before I even asked!) he posted on FB: "To get this sig I had sent in some money to make a contribution to his heart fund. He sent me an autographed pic of a Shelby Charger back in return. I am thinking it is legit too as this was about 15 years ago. Just didn't know if his secretary had signed it. Thanks for the input!"

Side note: Ralph has owned his '85 Shelby since he bought it used in '87! (The dealers were out of the black/silver when he was trying to get a new one in '87, the last year of Shelby Charger production, but a used '85 became available). (His looks almost the same as mine, though mine has been repainted)!

If he personally sent it in with a donation, then he can be sure that it is Carroll's sig. They didn't do certificates back then. So if it's his and he had it signed at the foundation, it is good. Hard to prove if ever wanting to sell it without a receipt or something, but it looks good. As others do, I have quite a few things signed by him which I can never prove as he signed them right in front of me. But then again, I never plan on selling any of that stuff either. I do have some photo's of him signing them, but not all.

Archived