TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cool little bonus about my car

How do you know? Not being a smart alec but is there a way you can tell by looking at the plates on the motor? I have only had the hood up once! :headscratch:

Isn't there a signature under the hood by the engine builders?

there is signature plate on the driver side valve cover signed by the engine builders.

500hp what do you mean you have only had your hood opend once did you just get your car in today. You havenot noteced everything about your car yet. I sleept in my garage the 1st night home with my baby j/k but really i do open my hood at least once a day even when i dont drive it to work when i get home i start it play with it since i dont have kids yet i guess it like my baby

Here is the story with photos

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredv...gt_500_factory/

location plate

untitled1.bmp

untitled1.bmp

untitled1.bmp

untitled1.bmp

there is signature plate on the driver side valve cover signed by the engine builders.

500hp what do you mean you have only had your hood opend once did you just get your car in today. You havenot noteced everything about your car yet. I sleept in my garage the 1st night home with my baby j/k but really i do open my hood at least once a day even when i dont drive it to work when i get home i start it play with it since i dont have kids yet i guess it like my baby

Sorry to disapoint you, but No, I don't pay much attention to whats under the hood-its how she drives that I look at! I too spent a night in the car the first night when I fell asleep reading the manuals. I am getting ready to spend some time on the mechanics as 1badsho is going to show me around under there and make some tweaks. Don't get me wrong, I admire all you motorheads getting in there and tweaking these fine machines. Hold on to your chair but I am thinking of changing the oil myself. You heard it here first.

Sorry to disapoint you, but No, I don't pay much attention to whats under the hood-its how she drives that I look at! I too spent a night in the car the first night when I fell asleep reading the manuals. I am getting ready to spend some time on the mechanics as 1badsho is going to show me around under there and make some tweaks. Don't get me wrong, I admire all you motorheads getting in there and tweaking these fine machines. Hold on to your chair but I am thinking of changing the oil myself. You heard it here first.

DON"T STOP THERE!

After you change your oil you can simply install a JLT Intake, 2.6 Metco pulley and Idler and a BAD-ASS Evolution tune and you will have a whole new car to drive! Yes it makes a huge difference and yes you can do it yourself and yes your car will occasionally scare the sh** out of you afterward.

Or you could have someone install a KB 2.8 and have your car scare the **it out you ALL OF THE TIME!!

LOL

DON"T STOP THERE!

Yes it makes a huge difference and yes you can do it yourself and yes your car will occasionally scare the sh** out of you afterward.

LOL

The car scares the sh&t out of me now when I stomp on it. I was going 90 the other night in no time. I have to be more careful with this thing-don't want to hurt anyone! I am still trying to get up the nerve to take my eyes off the road and look to see if the boost guage is working? Maybe if I mount a little camera up behind my head................

Not to many people get to see the guys that built there engine. I was rereading the article on the Romeo Engine Niche Line in 5.0 magazine and noticed that the guys they followed were Gary Marston and Jeff Hamblin. Turns out they built the motor that went into my GT500 . To them I Say Thank you…

That is very cool brands5.0. I was wondering who out there had those two builders. Save and print that article for your log book. That will come in handy some day.

Archived