TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Odd Title

2+2

Does anyone know the story behind this great looking 08SGT1677. I did not know a dealer buyback/lemon followed a car like this. Sure hard to see the word lemon attached to this beautiful car .Wonder what the problem was/is?

There are some interesting 08'SGT's on ebay right now including a 2008 GT350..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-SHAKER-1000-2008-ford-mustang-shelby-gt-premium-5-spd-leather-25-k-texas-direct-auto-/400526758372?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item5d414151e4&vxp=mtr

I remember reading a few years ago about an owner in FL that had this same issue with his SGT, might be his. If I remember correctly it had something to do with the car killing the battery about once a week, they never figured it out and he claimed lemmon law to get his money back. I think he wound up buying a GT500. I'm sure if you dig you can find it. It was very interesting to read. This may be his car.

Jeff

Lemon buy back cars don't always necessarily mean the cars a piece of junk. Sometimes it can be a minor problem that if not corrected in the three repair attempts, it can open the door for a consumer to get out of a vehicle they no longer want.

On the other hand a lemon buy back can also be for a major, run for your life, problem.

Its interesting that the ebay seller says that the buy back issue has been corrected but doesn't state what the problem was. This makes me think it may not have been a minor issue. I would also suspect that this car has no factory warranty and that an extended warranty could not be purchased for it.

Pics look good for a car with 25k miles.

Steve

Thanks. I think that is the Florida car, . I bet the problem did get fixed as it seems like a battery draining issue would be fairly easy to repair. To bad the title can not be changed back after the proper repairs have been made?? Sure looks like a good price too But that tag "lemon" will always come up, if you ever go to sell it..

Its not mine as still got my 2008 but I had the same problem. My car is not an everyday driver but it gets started once a week if its not driven and if I went more than 5 days without starting it my battery was so dead it wouldn't even unlock the doors. Had it checked at 2 different Ford dealers in 2 different states. When I got my car checked guy said I didn't have the correct battery in it said this one from a GT500 and didn't know there was a difference or he's just an idiot. Had someone run an electrical test on entire car and found nothing. However, a performance shop who does engines and everything else who we know Power by the Hour found the issue. The problem was in the Shaker 500 head unit it somehow was drawing more current then it was suppose to so took it out car never died again. Here is something that makes you say hmm, I had a 2008 F350 that did the same damn thing

I had a similar problem with my 07SGT. If the car sat for more than 7-10 days max it was completely dead. Checked by two different Ford dealers and neither could find a problem. So I bought a new battery and a battery tender. However, speaking of the Shaker 500, if I start the car and just let it idle for about 45-60 minutes with the stereo on it will die. Apparently with a fully charged battery, and the battery tender turned off, the car does not generate enough amps to power the Shaker 500 at idle and even with a few occasional revs.

Here ya go, I didn't see the CSM# but steve could probably look up the owners name and say weather this is the same car compairing it to the ebay vin.

Jeff

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/46382-2008-shelby-gt-sorry-to-say-this-car-is-a-lemon/?hl=%2Blemon+%2Blaw

I wasn't able to link the two together but it does appear that it could be the same car/person.

Steve

If you store a 07-13 shelby gt or 500 you should use a battery tender. Short drives then park it will also kill your battery. Would like to know what the issue was. I had GM buy my 05 GTO back cause of paint issues but the lemon law was not used. So the title was not changed.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the comments below are odd compared to my experience.

I have an 07 Shelby Gt that is parked from Nov to March every year. I have never disconnected the battery, used a tender or started it during those 5 months.

5 plus years later, the car still starts like new on the original battery...

Archived