So far, I've made the following minor suspension changes to my base V6:

Eibach Pro springs

Koni Str.T struts/shocks

Eibach adjustable sway bars

SR Performance adjustable rear LCAs

Whiteline LCA relocation brackets

Steeda front LCAs

Steeda bump-steer kit

Next week, I'll be installing a Fays2 watts link (replacing my existing Whiteline panhard bar brace and FRPP adjustable panhard bar). I realized the other day that the only component on the suspension I have not yet replaced is the rear upper control arm.

Once the watts link is installed, the car will be ready for some autocross fun.

I've also replaced the OEM rotors with GT slotted/dimpled rotors and installed Hawk HPS pads and replaced the original fluid with ATE Super Blue, and swapped in a set of 3.73 gears.

Yeee-haw!

Awesome!

Engine mods?

Just a CAI and a tune. The car also has longtubes and a 2.5-inch stainless cat-back system on it, as well as an aluminum driveshaft. The only way I could really improve the drivetrain is by swapping in a V8 and manual transmission, but then I'd lose the weight advantage of being a V6.

The car is stupid fast for a V6 as it sits (thanks to the 3.73 gears), and it handles like it's on rails now that I've done the bumpsteer kit and front LCAs. I'm pretty excited about getting the watts link. I do all of my own work on the car (except the gear swap), and the car is a daily driver.

You've done your homework!

Any pics from the track?

I haven't been to an event yet. The next one is next Saturday, but I don't want to rush the watts link install (I'd rather do it right rather than fast), so it looks like next month is almost a sure thing. I should also have my harness and harness bar by then.

Took delivery of the Fays2 yesterday and I read through the instruction manual - it looks tedious, but certainly not hard. Should have it installed in about 2-3 hours. Had to go out and buy a digital level, and I'm gonna try to find appropriate Grade 8 bolts to replace the three Grade 5 parts that came with the kit..

Also got my RaceQuip 5-point harnesses and helmet (needed for autocross).

Pics! Pics!

Why upgrade the bolts?

I saw someone mention that they bent the propeller bolt (I don't remember how they bent it, but I'm not going to take any changes. Grade 8 is always better than Grade 5.Besides Grade 8 has a zinc coating that inhibits corrosion.

Writeup and a few pics

If you're worried about NVH, don't be. If you get any, you installed it wrong. Took about 5 hours by myself in the driveway. I highly recommend that you replace your panhard bar/brace with a watts link (no matter what watts link manufacturer you chose, it's better than what you have now).

The rear end feels even more planted than it did before.

Writeup and a few pics

If you're worried about NVH, don't be. If you get any, you installed it wrong. Took about 5 hours by myself in the driveway. I highly recommend that you replace your panhard bar/brace with a watts link (no matter what watts link manufacturer you chose, it's better than what you have now).

The rear end feels even more planted than it did before.

Your website with install instructions is awesome!

Archived