TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Introducing "Hurricane"

stngfever

Did you get the factory manuals yet?

Sure did, they arrived within a few days. They are packed full of information on these cars! Well worth it.

Hurricane is now in the new garage :yahoo:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crash a.k.a. Tree Farm (previous owner fell asleep at wheel hitting tree in left rear quarter then into corner of pole barn on a tree farm, son chose second name)

IMG_20150720_185729327_HDR_zpsnzdxndii.j

Hurricane

IMG_20150720_185717136_HDR_zpsachuknrm.j

Remainder of dash removed from Hurricane (Now I know the easy way to remove the dash assembly :drop: )

IMG_20150721_213438031_HDR_zpsd8uhnda5.j

Started process of removing wiring harness (Door connectors certainly are a PIA :swear: )

IMG_20150721_213449900_zpsk7limxyt.jpg

C210 connector :drop:

Wholly wiring harness! Now I understand the weight savings in a track car by stripping out unnessecary stuff.

Hurricane has now been moved to center bay (lift) so that the side skirts can be removed, front fenders, and finish removing the wiring harness.

IMG_20150723_212903680_HDR_zpssdp0hpvn.j

As for the garage, it sure is nice having one with plenty of room to have 3 vehicles that can be worked on at same time!

Slowly putting up the "Garage Art" collection.

Trim work, water heater, air lines are what's remaining (winter dull drum project).

IMG_20150723_213006807_zpspfmqaqo3.jpg

IMG_20150723_212958321_zpspkwaqkcd.jpg

IMG_20150723_212924791_zpsjf5r4aln.jpg

Hurricance up on lift to finish removing wiring harness.

IMG_20150726_094404211_HDR_zpso5gfljvx.j

Temporary garage art (a.k.a. keeping front fenders up and out of the way).

IMG_20150726_121519411_zpsmgabbfiv.jpg

IMG_20150726_121604095_zpsikmypghh.jpg

Wiring harness removed, anyone got sauce to go with spaghetti? :drop:

IMG_20150726_134801065_zpszo05z44h.jpg

IMG_20150726_135539724_zps7rksbzqb.jpg

Crash moved to far bay in prep for disasembly

IMG_20150726_164048828_HDR_zpsrgulb4so.j

IMG_20150726_164058763_zps32wqikmf.jpg

I like the assembly line approach Scott - both cars should be ready in no time ! ;)

Don't forget to match up the trunk lid with the Sirius bean cap with the car that gets the radio - no good on a race car. :whistling:

Both cars ??? :doh::spend::spend::spend::spend:

Since crash had stripes painted on (cheap looking job, but good enough for race car) and Hurricane needs majority of new stripes, yes trunk lid and rear cover will be transplanted to hurricane as well. This will also help in weight reduction without the bean cap. :hysterical:

Will be at least a week before any more work is done as I'm heading out Tuesday evening to help assist as pit crew for Rehagen Racing at Mid Ohio for PWC race :yahoo:

Tell Dean Martin that I said "Hi" and you'll probably see Filip from CorteX Racing there helping with the R/R crew. Are you going to buy a FRPP M-17757-MB lightweight front bumper beam with the front tow hook bracket on Hurricane and save the OEM front beam for Crash ?

Tell Dean Martin that I said "Hi" and you'll probably see Filip from CorteX Racing there helping with the R/R crew. Are you going to buy a FRPP M-17757-MB lightweight front bumper beam with the front tow hook bracket on Hurricane and save the OEM front beam for Crash ?

I'll be sure to tell Dean hello. I'm looking forward to meeting Filip as well.

I'm going to start with the standard tow hook on the current beam (unless I can find the lightweight one on a bargain sale soon)!

I'll look in the "misc. electrical" box to see but, I'm pretty sure that those sections were cut off and thrown away when we stripped down the harnesses. We only use the potion for the electric mirrors in the doors - all other wires get eliminated except for the door "open" sensor lead which gets spliced together to keep the icon from coming on @ the dash saying that the door is open. The same was done on the trunk lid and hood - those circuits must be kept closed loop in order to keep from having the message from coming up on the dash display. There are some tricks to doing the wiring when it's for a race car - you can't just go and cut out a bunch of wires. I took out just about 18 lbs. in wiring from the car and that is a huge pile!

• 1 month later...

Any updates? .

No further progress has been made as of yet.

August and September have been busy with other activities (mostly feeding, then chasing Black Bears).

Likely to get a slow start back at it in October (when I'm not chasing deer).

December is when hunting season winds down, and the garage projects will kick back into high gear!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Is that a French fry on the carpeting - :drop:

Already removed all the Fast food bags!

Crash was used as a summer daily driver, spending it's winter months outside.

When crash was brought home, that was the first time it had seen the inside of a garage since 2008!

Archived