TEAM SHELBY FORUM

like father - like son

P7061587rusty.jpg

My Dad and I finally united our respective Hertz Shelbys. I will say that both of these cars excel in what they do differently. If you could put them together to make one composite car it would be perfect! That being said, it would be a shame to do so as each car stands on it's own quite well. Here are some photos of 2059 and 229. These were taken all in Mandan, ND where my dad and I both grew up and attended the same high school.

P7061544b.jpg
P7061563b.jpg
P7061579b.jpg
P7061583b.jpg
P7061593b.jpg
P7061586b.jpg
P7061587b.jpg

Awesome to see them together. I did a similar shoot a few years ago. Nothing will ever compare to the lines of the 66. The 69 mach 1 i saw on saturday made me think of this again. The new mustangs cars got it ok given the new rules for the retro look (better than the camaro by a mile) but the old ones were so classy.

Nice! I wish my Pop was still around.

When I had my 1991 5.0 LX 'vert (triple black), my Dad bought a 1991 5.0 GT 'vert (red w/ white top/interior). We went to many a car show together, and spent many weekends working on, and waxing the cars.

After he passed away my wife told me, that he told her, that he didn't buy his Mustang because he was a 'car guy'. Instead, he bought it so that it would give us a mutual interest and would allow us to spend more time together, working on something that he knew I loved.

Yeah....I wish my Pop was still around too. I'd love to give him a ride in the Shelby.

Miss you Dad.

Z-man

Nice! I wish my Pop was still around.

U r very lucky....enjoy your Dad :-)

Yeah....I wish my Pop was still around too. I'd love to give him a ride in the Shelby.

Miss you Dad.

Z-man

+1...

Great story and :camera:. Thanks for sharing!

When I had my 1991 5.0 LX 'vert (triple black), my Dad bought a 1991 5.0 GT 'vert (red w/ white top/interior). We went to many a car show together, and spent many weekends working on, and waxing the cars.

After he passed away my wife told me, that he told her, that he didn't buy his Mustang because he was a 'car guy'. Instead, he bought it so that it would give us a mutual interest and would allow us to spend more time together, working on something that he knew I loved.

Miss you Dad.

Z-man

What a great testament to your father. How many of us would do that just to spend time with our children? The investment he made in the car was insignificant compared to the investment in you and his time with you.

Thanks for sharing. Helps us to remember what is important.

That's awesome and those are some great pics. Thank you for sharing. I grew up just south of you across the border in SD near Leola. I wish my dad still had his '69 Mach 1. I know he wishes he had never sold it either.

Archived