TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3M Clear Bra

Has anyone had a 3M clear bra installed on their Shelby? If so, would you recommend it to others? A buddy of mine used to have one installed on a black Z4 and I was always impressed with its protection. Additionally, what should I expect to pay to have one installed? Any pictures would be great!

I've got it on my car. Very happy with the product and would highly recommend. It was $600 for the install.

Have it on mine and others, very happy and love the protection. I think pricing is going to vary a lot depending on where live and installers and how much have done, but I think you could plan on from $600 to 1,000. I paid $800 for mine including bumper, hood to vent, front part of fenders, rockers, A-pillars, mirrors, leading edge of roof, and door edge guards.

If you plan on driving your car on the highway without worry, it is definitely worth it. I had it put on before I took delivery from SAI. I had the same install as MJM and it was $650 Well worth it.

i put the new 3M defender spray on shield on mine and so far it works well--plus if you dont like it it just peels off w/o taking the paint with it.Auto Zone has it--pretty easy to put on.Its ike 75 bucks as i recall

And it will tear your stripes.... happened to mine when the installer was trying to reposition the 3m shield and it ripped my left hood stripe. He replaced and installed, but that boo boo killed his profit. He said the only way to safely remove this product is with hot steam and a whole lot of patience.

Archived