TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Run Europe 2012 story picked up by Automotive Traveler

Cali_KR

You can imagine my surprise (and thrill) when Automotive Traveler magazine told me that they wanted to run the story I wrote of the epic adventure that we were a part of last summer.

My initial story was 4500 words, however they requested that I expand it in some areas which brought it up to about 5500 words.

They are running it is sections, with Part 1, going live over the weekend. It will be likely be 4 or 5 parts

Here is the link....hope you enjoy

Motor on,

Tom

http://www.automotivetraveler.com/magazine/viewer.php?path=2013/07/Shelby_Run_Europe_2012_Part_1

That is really cool and nice of you to do that Tom. I am very happy for all the participants that were able to do that trip. I would like to thank you guys for sharing your experience. To read and see pics that you all shared from your trip was definitely the next best thing from actually being there! I have actually met a few of the members at some events and would like to say that one could not imagine anyone better going on that trip, than the very kind people I have met. Till the next event, take care!

Like already mentioned, fantastic article Tom. I can't even begin to imagine how incredible that trip was. Laura has mentioned she would like to make the next one, as would I too. Anyone have the winning lotto numbers???

On a side note, it was great hanging out with the TSPCR crew this past SAAC event. Good times with good friends and met some new faces too!!!

Dan

Great article! The wife and I are going to Germany, Austria, Lichtenstein and Switzerland next year. But the Shelby will have to stay home :cry:

If you don't mind me asking, what the shipping costs of your car round trip?

Great story Tom, can't wait to read the rest. I followed the pictures you all sent back during and after the trip and really enjoyed them and the videos. thanks to all who posted them.

Hello guys, I'm from Italy and I met you in St.Moritz (till Milan) with my Mustang.

I'm still trying to find a SRE patch, after 1 year :(

I sent money to SMC though PayPal but nobody answered. What can I do?

If anybody will be able to help me, I appreciate.

My email is p.morisi@mustangclubofitaly.it

Thank you in advance!

Hello guys, I'm from Italy and I met you in St.Moritz (till Milan) with my Mustang.

I'm still trying to find a SRE patch, after 1 year :(

I sent money to SMC though PayPal but nobody answered. What can I do?

If anybody will be able to help me, I appreciate.

My email is p.morisi@mustangclubofitaly.it

Thank you in advance!

Bonjourno Paolo,

The patches have only been available for a couple of months. I'm sure Sean (SMC Events) will see this and reply in kind.

Tom

Hi Tom, thanks for your answer. However I found on SRE Facebook that Sean made more patches (3 months ago), is it really too late (again)?

Are you from Ventura County?

Hi Tom, thanks for your answer. However I found on SRE Facebook that Sean made more patches (3 months ago), is it really too late (again)?

Are you from Ventura County?

Paolo,

I'm north, halfway between San Jose & Monterey

So, Is Dan who lives in Ventura County? Sorry for the confusion... I don't remember exactly, but it doesn't matter. Just because my sister-in-law lives in Ventura.....

My car will be making the next trip, as will I. In fact, I imagine SMC Events will have a full house for the next one. They should hire some help!! :idea:

Great to hear Warren, but you were at last years SRE.....................we all toasted you in Milan Italy for your Birthday. :beerchug:

So, Is Dan who lives in Ventura County? Sorry for the confusion... I don't remember exactly, but it doesn't matter. Just because my sister-in-law lives in Ventura.....

Ciao Paolo,

I live in Simi Valley, CA which is Ventura County. I'll check with Sean to see if he has more SRE patches and get back with you.

Ciao Paolo,

I live in Simi Valley, CA which is Ventura County. I'll check with Sean to see if he has more SRE patches and get back with you.

Hello!

Thank you! I saw on FB that he made more patches, maybe I arrived too late. But I didn't hear anything yet from him.

Great to hear Warren, but you were at last years SRE.....................we all toasted you in Milan Italy for your Birthday. :beerchug:

Believe it or not, it was the highlight of my birthday! I wont miss the next toast! You can take that to the bank!

Sean is my brother- I will call him about this Paolo. If we are out of patches, I'll have one made just for you.

Thanks a lot! I bought the t-shirt in St Moritz, but it is not enough. I missed the patch on my jacket...

Believe it or not, it was the highlight of my birthday! I wont miss the next toast! You can take that to the bank!

I was wishing I had your number for this years birthday as I remember vividly the talk we had on your borthday last year!

Looking forward to raising a glass in Dearborn in August, in Texas in October and in Europe together in 2016! :rockon:

Thanks a lot! I bought the t-shirt in St Moritz, but it is not enough. I missed the patch on my jacket...

A perfect storm of errors here! So sorry for the troubles you have had. Patch will go out tomorrow plus something extra for your patience with me.

Sean is my brother- I will call him about this Paolo. If we are out of patches, I'll have one made just for you.

Hello Paolo.......let me know what Sean and Warren say about the patch.....I have extras....I can send you one if they are out of stock.

Sean said he has extras and will send Paolo a couple. Me too buddy, me too! How do you NOT have my phone number? LOL

A perfect storm of errors here! So sorry for the troubles you have had. Patch will go out tomorrow plus something extra for your patience with me.

Without a doubt, this group is the very best................... :worship:

It was a fantastic evening................only thing better will be next time when you're there in person. :happy feet:

Archived