TEAM SHELBY FORUM

and now a word from the competition

07SGT

I'm not a big fan of the Camaro but that white Z28 is pretty nice. The orange or yellow, whatever it is above the white Z28 is hideous. When I bought my SGT the wife liked the Camaro, we even looked at one, she sat in it and was completely unimpressed, and as said in other posts she absolutely hated the blind spots. That being said, I'm glad I didn't have to get in an arguement over which car to buy.

I kind of like the Bumblebee's squint look.

Now, I don't know if it's the camera angle or what, but it looks like a 4X4 for ride height.

That I don't like.

My stock Mustang GT was the same way, however.

As we all know Mustang sales are down and Camaro sales are up. Maybe Ford held on to the retro look too long? But the new Mustang will be out for 2015 and guess what..........then Camaro will come out with a new model for 2016.

Sadly, Camaro outsold the Mustang in 2010, 2011 and 2012. Camaro outsold Mustang in Jan, Feb, March, April, of 2013. Ford may have outsold Camaro for one month in June of 2013 but this appears to be an abberation. Numbers don't lie. Ford needs to do something to make the Mustang more appealing to more buyers.

Mustang outsold Camaros by a larger margin in May and June. I believe the reason why Camaros have barely outsold Mustangs in 2010, 11 & 12 was because of its return; all of its enthusiasts we're finally able to buy one again after its 8-year hiatus, not because the Mustang is less appealing. All the magazines report that the Mustang is highly rated over the Camaro.

Mustang sales are on a high right now! :happy feet:

Maybe 'cuz of some folks being skeered of what Ford 's plans are for the '15 and wanna get one of the last of the retro cars? Or........................?

Either way, the Mustang nameplate is NOT dead by any means bro!

Mustang outsold Camaros by a larger margin in May and June. I believe the reason why Camaros have barely outsold Mustangs in 2010, 11 & 12 was because of its return; all of its enthusiasts we're finally able to buy one again after its 8-year hiatus, not because the Mustang is less appealing. All the magazines report that the Mustang is highly rated over the Camaro.

+1

I wonder if sales are regional, might be nice to see that.

While subjective only, I travelled to Dallas recently, and it seemed Mustangs outnumbered Camaros on the road.

Here in Colorado, I see more Camaros than Mustangs.

There most certainly are more mustangs on the road than camaros, but for the last 3+ years Camaro has outsold the Mustang. I agree with secondo that many/most of those sales were to die hard GM owners that have had to hold their breath for years for the return of the Camaro, ilconceived as it may be. And I agree that the Mustang is better looking. But the younger generation may be inclined towards the bumblebee transformer camaro and its newer shape. And the camaro is somewhat retro also. But I will always prefer the Mustang. I look forward to the new Mustang and hope they execute the design properly. And IRS, and other goodies.

I know a LOT of "Die Hard" Chevy Folks that bought the Camaro only to later regret it or traded it in on a Mustang GT. The Number One Complaint? Tied between major Blind Spots and Cheap Interior.

Camaro beat Mustang Jan-April, '14 Camaro debuted in April, Mustang beats Camaro pretty badly in May and June. Based on that, I think a good case could be made for people waiting on the '14 Camaro right now. I'll bet Camaro sales go back up when it hits the streets. Whether the refreshed Camaro beats the Mustang or sells as well as the outgoing version is a different question.

Im ecstatic that GM keeps making changes and whatever they do doesnt bother me one little bit. I am glad the Camaro is such a departure from the Mustang. The last thing we want is everything looking the same.

and two more things-

If it werent for the reemergence of the Camaro, the ZL1, and the Z28, The GT500 would not be what it is today. So Im thankful for that! :rockon:

If more people are buying camaros than mustangs, then that means there at least 51% of street races we all can win!! :salute:

I also agree with this statement. GM fans were waiting and waiting for something sporty that wasn't a 2 seat Corvette. Not everyone likes to drop down into a low sitting sports car.

I'm not a fan of the new generation Camaro to begin with. It looks amped up on steroids and too boxy with a dated '99-04 Mustang edge style. On this Camaro restyle, I definitely don't like the color break with the lower 1/4 of the body in black. It breaks up the body, making it appear like some type of Subaru 4x4 competitor. That front end style is something I'll need to see at other angles but it seems to have lost it's American design roots. just my 2 cents.

Archived