TEAM SHELBY FORUM

$1.6 Million Dollar 2011 GT350

I could have sworn drugs that caused irrational thought and hallucinogenic feelings were illegal in this country. A fool and his money may soon be parted, but whoever pays this kind of money, defines the meaning of fool.

I do have a few questions on the car proposed to be "the first prototype"

I think that the first prototype was...

1. was actually 1c (concept)

2. Had a two-piece front bumper

3. Had gt350 side and grill badges

4. Made with an Aluminum dash

5. Made with lighted doors sills

6. Leather wrapped steering wheel

7. Had a GT350 windshield banner

8. Had slightly different styled valve covers (machined, not printed aluminum like on production)

9. Cs Shelby badge on the aircleaner

10. Aluminum fuse box cover

Although some of these items could have been easily changed or taken off, some of them couldn't have been easily done. Just my thoughts.

CSshelbykid

The irony to this car is that Gary Davis tried to tell me how I didn't have the first 624hp 350, and that it was this car that was first. ...except he forgot that while this car was built before mine, the r tune wasnt yet available, so it got the 525. Oh yeah, and he forgot about that pesky video taken after i picked up my car where 1P had the 525hp tune still. Then, before it went to the charity, it got upgraded.

So clearly I should have put mine up for another 1.4 mill...who knew!?

To be perfectly honest, I was happy to get what I had in it, and there was enough left over to pay for a couple days in Tampa with the Mrs.

The irony to this car is that Gary Davis tried to tell me how I didn't have the first 624hp 350, and that it was this car that was first. ...except he forgot that while this car was built before mine, the r tune wasnt yet available, so it got the 525. Oh yeah, and he forgot about that pesky video taken after i picked up my car where 1P had the 525hp tune still. Then, before it went to the charity, it got upgraded.

So clearly I should have put mine up for another 1.4 mill...who knew!?

To be perfectly honest, I was happy to get what I had in it, and there was enough left over to pay for a couple days in Tampa with the Mrs.

While not privy to the conversation you had with GaryD, the 2011 GT350 Shelby Foundation "charity car" was 3P

Steve

Well, we all know not to get on Gary's bad side, so I didn't push it too much. Even though it no longer concerns me, it is nice to know I had that right in my head. Thanks as always Steve!

I'm all for unique Shelby cars and collectibles...but this guy must have inhaled too must exhaust. Did you read the listing...not only is the airbag cover signed by CS, but it even comes with the actual sharpie he used...wow...I guess that tacks on a few hundred grand extra?

Wow, maybe I should sell the various Sharpie pens and paint pencils that CS used when I helped him at the signature tables over the years! I have pictures of him signing some items with the pens!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived