TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The new Reality Show "STREET OUTLAWS"........ is it REAL?

What is their opposition to running at Thunder Valley? It doesn't seem to me that you could even have a real drag race (with closely powered cars) without a tree or traps.

they do run at TV from time to time. thats beside the point. the street makes it a more difficult launch, less traction, more driving

Hmmmmm....Nascar used to say that TO after they built the taller solid Concrete Walls, and the HUGE Catch Fence and last year several People had to be rushed to the Hospital. Keep in mind, the only people that are NOT considered "Innocent Bystander" are the Drivers. Have you seen just how many people standing around at the Starting area when the Light Flashes?

i guess we have a different idea of innocent. to me if you are at an event like this your taking what could happen into your own hands. innocnet to me would be mom and pop driving down the road with no idea whats going on and getting in the way

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they do run at TV from time to time. thats beside the point. the street makes it a more difficult launch, less traction, more driving

There is no way to determine close red lights and finishes without electronics. There are youtube videos of such discrepancies. It won't be too long before someone rolls their top fueler or funny car off the trailer to claim "fastest street car". I can see where it cam be made reasonably safe, I just don't understand why anyone would subject themselves to losing their rides and massive fines for something that can be avoided for a 20 dollar bill at a track. On our tune nights the track officials will shut off everything but the tree and win lights if you want to keep your times to yourself. As far as "more driving", I guess that we will never really know without tech looking for traction control devices.

I'm a personal responsibility guy in the end so I say go for it, I just don't understand the thought process.

Don't care what you say, They are a bunch of IDIOTS and I know for a FACT, that there are FASTER Street Cars, even here in Florida, that WILL beat them on the Street BUT, I don't think they are stupid enough to Street Race. Personally, every time I see the show, I think it is more and more like Pro Wrestling, meaning, it's Pro-Fake. They already have it scripted who wins.

Well then I got a suggestion for you, instead of telling us what you think while you sit on your arm chair, Get big chief on the phone and see if they want to run. They say they have the fastest, you say you have the fastest, I keep seeing people say they are on run ways, I keep seeing power lines that would never be on a run way in the back ground. As long as you're on the keyboard for no reason but to talk bad about the show you aren't there to see we don't know if you're right or wrong.

You can call them idiots all you want, stop moping around because some 16 year old beat you in daddies car and prove your point the way it was meant to be done.

There is no way to determine close red lights and finishes without electronics. There are youtube videos of such discrepancies. It won't be too long before someone rolls their top fueler or funny car off the trailer to claim "fastest street car". I can see where it cam be made reasonably safe, I just don't understand why anyone would subject themselves to losing their rides and massive fines for something that can be avoided for a 20 dollar bill at a track. On our tune nights the track officials will shut off everything but the tree and win lights if you want to keep your times to yourself. As far as "more driving", I guess that we will never really know without tech looking for traction control devices.

I'm a personal responsibility guy in the end so I say go for it, I just don't understand the thought process.

If I may... It's about the strip. Not the danger, course adrenaline junkies might like the test. Tracks are made with all intents to be as smooth as possible and they are prepped with a glue they light on fire and tune the track to the car. On the street and (Screw the show, this is just what it's always been) you can't prep the track and allot of times the road isn't that smooth making it a totally different animal.

That's why small tire cars work better on the track with less weight and traction so as they go down the track they actually get faster on a smooth surface and big tire cars get the better grip off the line and as it gets rough their larger foot print and weight helps plant it BACK to the ground.when they get a bit bouncy.

Hmmmmm....Nascar used to say that TO after they built the taller solid Concrete Walls, and the HUGE Catch Fence and last year several People had to be rushed to the Hospital. Keep in mind, the only people that are NOT considered "Innocent Bystander" are the Drivers. Have you seen just how many people standing around at the Starting area when the Light Flashes?

Difference is they go to places where there is no people around and no traffic and they scout the area then use scouts up ahead. Nascar (Which are nothing but fake cars with tube chassis and fake bodies these days) people PAY to sit in the seats right by the race and watch it as the cars make left hand turns. I guess about the only way a person is going to be around with those precautions is if they are pissing in the woods.

Word of caution new "friend": With comments like this in a forum with a bunch of track day guys and racers, you'll be labeled a troll very quickly. Clean it up and keep the discussion in a positive light even when debating.

Oh so they can talk so much crap on street racers even though despite the s@#$ they talk they have all street raced even though this is a show about street racing where they actually set it up to where it's actually just as safe if not safer then bystanders on the track BUT because their all track guy's I cant say track racing is for p@#$'s? Seems to me the trolls have the ground here no matter what.

Honestly I really don't care about the site, but Shelby people who's favorite car WAS the ones that worked with Hurtz rent a car to rent cars for street racers called Rent a Racers have pretty much already put them selves down as trolls. And they really have no reason to be dogging on street racers or street racing when Carol Shelby was racing on the street himself even during his Nasscar career.

So calling me a troll for stating my opinion of track cars with these guys here that have said way worse is a little bit one sided I would have to say.

Like I said I don't really care about this site, I don't own a Shelby either but obviously I'm a way bigger fan then any of these guys LOL Shelby has more marked grave stones from the street then most other cars out there, so all this anti-street race talk just seems a bit over bored.

Labeling me a troll in a Shelby forum with a bunch of Anti-street racers? And nor one would say that to Carrol's face if he where ali8ve today.

You'll probably kick me off, no big deal. Just a forum full of trolls that own the wrong car. Or claim they do. It's not my fault if they want to be on here talking crap on Shelby's birth place. That's like talking crap on Jesus's manger.

Personally I like the show, and I know how Hollywood get's around the Biography laws when illegal stuff is filmed, all these Shelby guys want to talk, I say they should all call up Big Chief or the Studios and get their tires off the track and run down an un-prepped surface and put their money where their mouth is.

That is not trolling, talking all the crap I read is trolling, I am simply telling them to stop talking and start driving.

It's not real. It is staged and shot like a tv series.

For an even worse example of "reality" tv, check out the new show Siberia. It's sold to us as a reality show like survivor, only no one gets voted off. Whoever of 14 make it through a Siberian winter at their camp site, gets an equal share of 500k.

....the fine print at the end of the credits reveals all characters are fictional, and oh yeah, it's filmed in Canada....which is so very close to Siberia.

Wow, you compared it to a completely unrelated show and proven yourself to be absolutely right. Glad to know next time I wonder if a doughnut tastes good Ill just drink a milk shake and and use that as my base platform.

99ways2die, you obviously have no intent to show any respect to anyone who objects to street racing. So why are you here? Just to insult people here because they dont want to race the street? You keep throwing Carroll's name out there like anything anyone says on this forum would basically be insulting him. Wow! So there is no intent for you to be nice here except for telling people off because they object to street racing and the show.

But are people supposed to believe they just show up and race without people or cops knowing their there racing? I mean come on there generators all along the road with stadium lights. You can clearly see them on the last new episodes. That would surely attract cops real quick. So its not like they just show up, race real quick and get out before cops are called.

And saying that Shelby's are the worst car to street race and you dont care about them, then why dont you just leave this forum alone. And maybe a lot of us dont like to street race because 1.) ITS ILLEGAL. 2.) The cars are too expensive to go street race and possibly have something disastrous happen to the car and 3.) No matter how much you say the street could be even safer than a race track, the race is safer.

I'm sorry maybe I'm not up to date on all the Carroll Shelby facts, but he did street racing and drove in Nascar? Did not know that. And I don't know why you keep saying HERTZ rented the GT350H to people for the intent of street racing. They were rented because people wanted to drive a muscle car they maybe couldn't afford and some took them to the local track for the weekend. And some even swapped out the motors and then returned the car.

I would consider a troll to be someone who joins a forum basically just to bash the forum because they don't like or support what they do. Which is exactly what you are doing here. And if you really are Farmtruck based from your avatar, dude how old are you? Old enough to know street racing does not always have good results and that it's ILLEGAL. Maybe that's a damn good reason a lot of people here don't condone street racing. Yes some may have opened up their cars on the highway occasionally. That is not the same as being a street racer.

But back to the insults to the good people on this forum...

http://www.news9.com/story/23159683/okc-police-investigating-stars-of-discovery-channel-reality-show

OK HERE IS YOUR ANSWER!!

According to the police in OKC they are trying to build a case against them right now, Not that it will do any good unless they can get the film from production or catch them in the act, and good luck getting the film, the TV show won't work for them. They did say there are Air fields used around the area, which only makes sense, out of sight out of mind but I know from watching the show there are times when they have telephone poles with telephone wire coming right off it as well and air fields don't have those sort of things. They said the money was staged BUT why wouldn't they be told that sense they seemed to be getting their info off the producers in Hollywood and that would be illegal gambling so they aren't going to say anything. They said there is permits some times from the city to do certain things but they won't say what and won't say it's for the drag racing and they did say most of the time the racing and test's are out of their jurisdiction.

And to people who read this saying the same thing the cops are that people might start racing because of it, no, they will start racing if they want to start racing anyway and if anything it shows them how to do it way safer then just going to any old street and flooring the gas.

Anyway I don't know what these permits are for but one guy's really ticked off because they did race in front of a guys house when it wasn't being sanctioned, (Just for fun) and cops are mad because they can't catch them and Hollywood will probably just never bother releasing the tapes unless some one gets killed or they get caught red handed and have no other choice.

Now what I can't speak for is if they are permitted to do the racing but being that most are still on public roads and even airports are City property and that was mentioned more like the out of jurisdiction comment where they know it happens in those places, it is highly unlikely.

The permits are probably just to film the show.

But the cops are ticked off. So if it was all staged they wouldn't even be able to TRY and build a case on them.

99ways2die, you obviously have no intent to show any respect to anyone who objects to street racing. So why are you here? Just to insult people here because they dont want to race the street? You keep throwing Carroll's name out there like anything anyone says on this forum would basically be insulting him. Wow! So there is no intent for you to be nice here except for telling people off because they object to street racing and the show.

But are people supposed to believe they just show up and race without people or cops knowing their there racing? I mean come on there generators all along the road with stadium lights. That would surely attract cops real quick. So its not like they just show up, race real quick and get out before cops are called.

And saying that Shelby's are the worst car to street race and you dont care about them, then why dont you just leave this forum alone. And maybe a lot of us dont like to street race because 1.) ITS ILLEGAL. 2.) The cars are too expensive to go street race and possibly have something disastrous happen to the car and 3.) No matter how much you say the street could be even safer than a race track, the race is safer.

I'm sorry maybe I'm not up to date on all the Carroll Shelby facts, but he did street racing and drove in Nascar? Did not know that. And I don't know why you keep saying HERTZ rented the GT350H to people for the intent of street racing. They were rented because people wanted to drive a muscle car they maybe couldn't afford and some took them to the local track for the weekend. And some even swapped out the motors and then returned the car.

I would consider a troll to be someone who joins a forum basically just to bash the forum because they don't like or support what they do. Which is exactly what you are doing here. And if you really are Farmtruck based from your avatar, dude how old are you? Old enough to know street racing does not always have good results and that it's ILLEGAL. Maybe that's a damn good reason a lot of people here don't condone street racing. Yes some may have opened up their cars on the highway occasionally. That is not the same as being a street racer.

But back to the insults to the good people on this forum...

That shows what you pay attention, I NEVER said they where the worst to street race I SAID they took more lives then most other cars out there and you being a Shelby fan should respect the fact THEY WHERE BORN FROM STREET RACING!

And I am not Farm truck so I don't know where you get that assumption I said I was, I just like Farm truck.

And if they where rented so people could drive a Muscle car in a time when Muscle cars are the cheapest thing out there why would they have higher insurance on them you had no choice but to get and call it "Rent a Racer" and not "Rent a Musclecar"? And why is it when Carrol Shelby came up to Hurtz with the Idea he said he wanted to build cars so people that didn't own a Muscle car or didn't want theirs damaged for what ever reason but wanted some thing they could race on the weekend and HE came up with the Rent a Racer concept. And yea he street raced. As a matter of fact he had a short career in professional racing because of his heart so do you think he was just putting around town all his life at 20MPH?

They guy that put the first Big Block in a Mustang and got a British car company that was almost dead because losing an engine deal and created a small aluminum car so powerful and well loved they clone it to this day?

Naw course he never street raced he just built cars so everyone else could.

Yeah I would have to say he did. Otherwise they would just put a Straight 6 in everything and let people throw in what ever big block from a truck or luxury car they had laying around the shop they and say build your own damn car.

I don't know where you get he came up with Rent a Racer just so people could drive a Muscle car when UNlike Supercars and Muscle cars of today it was actually just cheaper to buy your own, but some how you got your wires crossed.

You seriously think Carrol Shelby, that master mind of all cars great in Ford Nation and Mopar city never street raced? He only raced on the track for like 8 years in his whole career from Sanctioned Road races to Nasscar and a little on the drag strips, and was around 37 when his heart was getting to bad to do that anymore, I can't find any pictures of him on the drag strip after 1960 when he quit racing in the pros, and I'm sure he was way to lead footed not to have a little fun. In fact street racing wasn't near as sanctioned and well guarded from oncoming traffic and pedestrians as this show you're all up at arms about.

And I watch the show every day, I do not have a clue where you get these generators and stadium lights. Where did you come up with that, you can clearly see the telephone poles and wires connecting them and the lights that are usually on a telephone poll. Stadium lights and generators? I watch that show every day and either you are making some thing up or reading a blog from some guy named Dopey Barlow in his basement. N

ow sometimes they do go to airports that aren't being used, but that's not very often.

I'm sure the Discovery team can have the lights up and down in no time, and yes they do use them but the Generators are most likely sound proofed and I know of allot of generators you can barely hear these days anyway.

And you have no Idea how Oklahoma and Kansas are set up do you? I live in Kansas, right next to Oklahoma . There are areas that once you get out of any city Limits you can find places where there are no houses for miles and no traffic all night. OKC has areas around it where it's nothing but fields and farm land for crops owned by people that don't even live near that area. At night no one drives it because they don't need to. Hell day time no one even drives those roads much. unless their going to see family or unless they just happen to take that toad to go to the next county, and usually that way is so long no body would bother. They might as well just legalize street racing in allot areas in these states. Though they tailor them those cars are actually street legal in OKC and here in Kansas, they have no inspection laws, they are in areas their are literally no cops except the ONE county Sheriff that has to cover MILES and probably never even bothers in that farmer territory and if there is a neighbor with in ear shot their most likely so deaf you can do a burn out on their front yard and they would never hear you.

Just cause the show is based in Oklahoma City don't mean their anywhere around it when they do what they gotta do. Plus some times (As once did on season 1) they go to places where they know people in that area and just bribe them to use, well airport runways, places of business where it's closed but the keep their own guard so the cops won't bother with it. Seriously you can say I'm a troll all you want, their not holding these big ass races right in the middle of the city, and when I first moved here I was told if I wanted to see a hell of a street race scene to go over there, they have been saying they have the fastest cars for a long time and that was 14 years ago and from what I was told then they weren't just talking and most of them didn't drive them on the street because they where to obvious., they had machines then and I have no doubt the ones on TV are the cars they race today.

I don't know where you live man but this is po-dunk territory and the rednecks around here LOL Really do know nothing more then how to cure boredom and depending on where you are and where you can find the best place to do it, some of these guys in this little town in Kansas where I live will figure out ways to make tractors go fast if they get bored enough and there are places where if a flea farts you can hear it and that is when it's time to start your engines.

By the looks of your photo, if that isn't a stolen pic, not accusing just saying, you are in Florida, probably been there a while because I'm guessing with the pride in that business you have taken there in that pic you have been there a while and you probably have moved up the ladder from being a regular every day salesman so you most likely have never been in areas like this... Well I grew up in Maine and lived in Kansas for 14 years, trust me, those are 2 places where it's easy to find deserted roads that lead no where until 100 miles later you find some thing and if you blink you miss it.

Now next time you yell at me make sure you read carefully what I said, cause I would NEVER say a Shelby is the worst car to race. and don't ask why I'm here, personally it's just a site, and if they ban me then they do but this thread is asking a simple question about if the show was real. You started in talking about the people on the show which indicates you where trolling. No one asked if you loved the show and wanted to marry it.

You talked about street racers so I made a comment about track cars. I also made a comment that a Shelby is a street racer or they would already be set up for the track and that they where born out of street racing, as was every muscle car, Nasscar was born from Moonshining and drag racing in general started off from people stropping their cars down and making Hot Rods so they could street race them and if everyone street raced in an orderly fashion as they do on the show and scouted for roads no used much and had scouts watching out ofr traffic and people walking then it wouldn't be that dangerous, just be glad some one does because street racing is going to exist whether you like it or not and most street racers won't take the precautions they do.

If anything they show people how not to be numb nuts about it. Except a couple times when it was just one pass in and out and not really planned. Cops are looking to use that against them, can't say as I blame them on that one, it was where people lived.

Well I did not know that Shelby's were born from STREET racing. So you mean to say that Shelby wouldn't be around if it wasn't for street racing? Shelby wasn't involved with track racing and racing LEGALLY?

But hey, if I'm wrong on some Shelby facts fine. I'm not sitting here saying I know for a fact everything there is to know about Carroll Shelby or what he was thinking about when he created Shelby American. Because I don't. I wasn't there.

And one could easily take you as Farmtruck. You show up to this forum and only have posts in the thread about a reality street racing show and are here to defend it and blast everyone who doesn't support it. Can you imagine if everyone in this forum was like you? Going around to forums that we don't care about and bash them because they don't like the same thing we like? That's not who we are here. This forum is like a family. We respect each other. And I don't think any of us go around to other forums and bash them for what they believe in.

And your seriously getting mad about someone maybe yelling at you? You have been being a smartass to everything everyone has said so far. And your opening sentence to my reply "That shows what you pay attention." On post 66 you said there are more marked grave stones from Shelby. That could be taken two ways. That more Shelby's have been "killed" in street races, or Shelby's have killed more people driving them. So don't get mad when something you say could taken more than one way. I don't know how you can say Shelby's have killed more lives than most other cars out there. That just doesn't seem true. Sorry for not believing in what you believe in and not supporting street racing.

And you even gone so far as to call people here stupid and clueless in post #32. And also telling another member to stop moping because he got beat by some 16 year old in daddy's car. Maybe try showing a little respect and maybe just maybe you may get some back.

Great stuff 99ways2die, I watch all 3 or 4 episodes last night but to be honest I tuned in to get the password for the Fast and Loud Trans Am contest. :victory:

I did like your show!! It's better than the 1st series, Love the engines!!!!

http://watchseries.lt/episode/Street_Outlaws_s2_e1.html

When you get to it you find the episodes and click on what you want.

Vodlocker, Youwatch.org, Movpod and Gorillavid will be the better players.

What ever you do avoid Vidbull, that one will probably gunk up and lock your computer up, not allot of fun That site is a few episodes behind but before long it should have the latest episodes.

Well I did not know that Shelby's were born from STREET racing. So you mean to say that Shelby wouldn't be around if it wasn't for street racing? Shelby wasn't involved with track racing and racing LEGALLY?

But hey, if I'm wrong on some Shelby facts fine. I'm not sitting here saying I know for a fact everything there is to know about Carroll Shelby or what he was thinking about when he created Shelby American. Because I don't. I wasn't there.

And one could easily take you as Farmtruck. You show up to this forum and only have posts in the thread about a reality street racing show and are here to defend it and blast everyone who doesn't support it. Can you imagine if everyone in this forum was like you? Going around to forums that we don't care about and bash them because they don't like the same thing we like? That's not who we are here. This forum is like a family. We respect each other. And I don't think any of us go around to other forums and bash them for what they believe in.

And your seriously getting mad about someone maybe yelling at you? You have been being a smartass to everything everyone has said so far. And your opening sentence to my reply "That shows what you pay attention." On post 66 you said there are more marked grave stones from Shelby. That could be taken two ways. That more Shelby's have been "killed" in street races, or Shelby's have killed more people driving them. So don't get mad when something you say could taken more than one way. I don't know how you can say Shelby's have killed more lives than most other cars out there. That just doesn't seem true. Sorry for not believing in what you believe in and not supporting street racing.

And you even gone so far as to call people here stupid and clueless in post #32. And also telling another member to stop moping because he got beat by some 16 year old in daddy's car. Maybe try showing a little respect and maybe just maybe you may get some back.

You know what?! Get over it, this thread was because some one asked if it was real and all you people have done instead of giving answers was talk s*** about street racers. You don't like the fact I said some thing that hurt your feelings well tough s***. No one asked if it was a great show they asked if it was real.

So if you want to go troll a TV instead of answer this person who wanted to get a simple answer well don't life just plane suck then? and when did I say they weren't involved with track racing? I never said that either, just the fact they where born out of street racing, other wise they would come with a full racing package like the COPO Camaro did. that is a factory built car for racing on the track. Cars that are basically street cars but are race capable with a few changes are cars that are built for the street and the car companies knew when they sent them out there they would be raced on the street.

STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH!

Now go put on your little tires, go to the quarter mile track, and take your little street car and bug some one else, I wasn't even trying to be rude to you this last time but if you can't take some one talking a little crud to you because their opinion don't match yours,

which pissing you off was all I really wanted to do to you people since you find it so hard to answer this persons simple question, then maybe next time instead of jumping on a forum where some asks if some thing is real or fake, Instead of turning it into a pissing contest about how bad the people are and never even having an answer to the question, you should just say

"I don't know."

See I gave a valid answer to the person asking, You all just wanted to sit here and bad mouth the show wasting screen space with your negative attitude about it on some one elses thread who obviously likes it and IM THE TROLL?!

You said your opinion about street racers FINE but all I saw was a bunch of people acting like the world was going to end because the show existed and not one of you where useful to this thread.

Now blow it out your exhaust if you're just going to get all pissed off, and get out of Florida and see how other states work before you go assuming their all just like yours.

Oh wow. So much of what you just said is exactly why you are here. You dont like how people feel about street racing and blah blah blah. And trust me, I'm not all butt hurt over what some random pro street racer thinks or says. But maybe you should take your own advice and get over this thread. And this thread is the whole reason your here. To give people s#!t because you dont think people here answered the OP as good as you would like. Why does it bother you that people started talking about street racing while talking about a street racing show on a forum you weren't even a part of.

Now you are just being as rude as possible because I said you were being rude. I'm not trying start no pissing match with you, I dont like to see some random person join here and be rude to everyone. If you dont like how we are, please by all means take your own advice and get over it. And trust me, I will go and enjoy my street car. And no the car doesn't see the track because I don't need to race my car.

You even said all you wanted to do was pissing us off because we didn't answer the question. Who joins some random forum just piss the forum off? and get of Florida? A reference to being old? Ill tell you I am one the youngest members here. Even I can see street racing is wrong and dangerous. never said everyone thinks street racing is bad but most of this forum does.

Oh wow. So much of what you just said is exactly why you are here. You dont like how people feel about street racing and blah blah blah. And trust me, I'm not all butt hurt over what some random pro street racer thinks or says. But maybe you should take your own advice and get over this thread. And this thread is the whole reason your here. To give people s#!t because you dont think people here answered the OP as good as you would like. Why does it bother you that people started talking about street racing while talking about a street racing show on a forum you weren't even a part of.

Now you are just being as rude as possible because I said you were being rude. I'm not trying start no pissing match with you, I dont like to see some random person join here and be rude to everyone. If you dont like how we are, please by all means take your own advice and get over it. And trust me, I will go and enjoy my street car. And no the car doesn't see the track because I don't need to race my car.

You even said all you wanted to do was pissing us off because we didn't answer the question. Who joins some random forum just piss the forum off? and get of Florida? A reference to being old? Ill tell you I am one the youngest members here. Even I can see street racing is wrong and dangerous. never said everyone thinks street racing is bad but most of this forum does.

Im only saying one more thing to you because frankly you aren't worth anymore time.

Some one asked if the show was real and all you people did was not even bother to answer the question but instead you talk about how horrible the show is like anyone gave a s***!.

YOU are trolling the thread, I was answering their question. You where doing nothing but wasting space like 90% of the other people on here and tough s*** if you don't like what I said.

Ok, See a pattern? You troll the thread and all you can do now is cry because you got trolled. ;)

Mean while as I was trolling you I also answered the question AND tonight managed add in another add in about how this show is so fake the OKC police Dpt. is looking to arrest them as we speak and posted a video showing OKC News video while you are crying over here cause you got your feelings hurt.

Not only that but I also answered SEVERAL of your questions you didn't bother reading the answers too cause you would rather put words in my mouth.

Now go sit in the corner and cry. We are done talking.

If you talk anymore beyond this point you're crying like a b**** and still done nothing to answer this person that wrote the thread,,, THUS you are still trolling and out of the two of us if I get kicked off this site i DON'T CARE. But I'm still done talking to a guy that puts words in my mouth then gets even pissier when it's pointed out to him.

And I joined the Forum after randomly coming to it to answer the question asked.

You are the idiots that decided to do nothing but troll the forum wasting the persons time and my reading time with your crying about street racers and no answers.

I never said I joined TO piss you off, I said that I said the things I said to piss you off.

More adding words into my mouth.

That's nice.

Well anyways back to talking about the show, I DO like the show but just don't condone what their doing. It does make good entertainment. But as long as no one gets hurt or anything. I am also wondering since they said they had permits at places outside of I guess OKC PD's jurisdiction, I wonder what the permits were for? Maybe just filming permits? I can't see a city agreeing to let people street race with a permit from them. Maybe on a closed airfield though.

Holy christ this is still going.....

One more time and ill try to explain it.

1st ive been affiliated with midweststreetcars (bigchief aka justins web forum) for about 9 years . These guys street race. They are very seriouse about street racing and make a lot of money doing it. They race on the streets of okc and surrounding suburbs and have for years. Hell even before mwsc's existed. About 2 years ago a guy got on the site talking about how he was from discovery and wanted to make a show about them.

Now for the show and big races. They are on a closed course. There are lights. There are cameras and generators. Hell the local pd are there. They are licensed and permitted to do this. Some say this is fake and staged. Its like this for PRODUCTION VALUE! Your not going to get a good shot if its dark. Also when we go out on big races we dont just post up unload sit around bs'n. Its an in and out deal. Sometimes it takes multiple locations and even days to get a hand full of races done. For money reasons and legal reasons they choose not to do this.

The part of the show the cops are worked up over is the test hits and random racing like chief and tina in the 1st season.

As far as rumors of runways. We do have a local municipal airport whos airfield manager will look the other way at times.

Yes they street race. Yes its illegal. But so are a lot of other things. If you have ever gotten into it from a stop light then you have probably put more people in danger than our guys do. There is an EXTENSIVE amount of planning security lookouts and thought into our locations. If anyone that is not supposed to be there come close its shut down

End of the day im sure this show promotes racing. Same as video games promote violence. Maybe instead of blaming tv for kids being irresponsible one day people might have some personal responsibility.

Oh and the comment about not racing your shelby because its too expensive. Im pretty sure these boys have a tad bit more time and money in these cars than a new gt500.

Either way boys. Lighten up a little. If you dont like the show dont watch it. If you do then support them. If you want to see some of the non discovery channel racing check out youtube. Plenty of vids on bigrob entertainment and 1320video.

Oh and I will comment on the fake drama...yes some of it is discovery channel prodded. Same as west cost choppers or any other show. They think drama sells and you have to pay to play. Some of them went along with it...some have told them to get bent. You can tell who did and who didnt by how much camera time some of them do and dont get.

• 6 months later...

WOW, Just re-read this since it popped back up..........99ways2die sure likes to hear himself babble on................ SO, what was the outcome, is it REAL or FAKE? I still think it's FAKE. If the Police really WANTED to make a Case, they don't need to get the Tapes from the Studio, they just need to DVR the Shows for a few days and start busting the Street Racers. Anyone who takes that Show as serious as 99ways2die does really needs to seek help.

• 1 year later...

Archived