TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The new Reality Show "STREET OUTLAWS"........ is it REAL?

Im curious, do they ever run on the dragstrip? I wonder why we never hear times or HP numbers on these cars. And I think street car is a very liberal label to put on these cars. If murder nova was out driving on the street, it wouldn't be doing it legally. I know that truck is a true street class, but most of those are not street class.

OK and a very few other states allow cars like these on the street. They don't inspect, in fact California makes the laws and still allows them on the street even thought they tell everyone else they can't. Thats Cali though, they set the bar and never follow their own rules. They talk about HP all the time, Farm truck is 800 and everyone else is running around 1000 - 1500 and one of the cars has 2000 HP. Times I agree, I'd like to know that myself.

But your state isn't like every other state, they all have their own rules and I live in Kansas right by OK and around here as well in Kansas you can do what ever you want to your car. And since Horse power limits where dropped in 2002 as long as the fuel is legal you can have anything you want under the hood.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. OK fellas... the racing is real. The cars are real. I know them all on a personal level. The show is a typical show. They have some staged crap. Some of the cop activity is staged. For any show to get peoples attention there has to be a level of "drama".

As far as the whole "its on a staged airport closed road...yeah it is. They can't film a show on a dark road with any production value. So yea its not on the "street" but its still on a concrete unprepped cold dusty road.

Some of the people are acting pretty eccentric for the show. Again per the production crew. Azn bit hard on it. Shawn (murder nova) told them to eat a d***!

And yes I'm sure on the TRACK there are faster cars. On the street.....these are the fastest cars around. People come out to okc all the time to race and go home broke and with hurt feelings

The show makes it look like they are running a lot longer than they are... but ill put a pay check they no car here could hang with most of our unranked cars much less our list. I'm not talking down on anyone's cars. But these machines are on a whole new level. They are hitting speeds in the 1/8 that most can't hit in the half....

Oh and they just got renewed for a 2nd season

I agree dude. How stupid are people to believe it's on air port runways when run ways don't have telephone poles with wires connecting them? And if they have no Idea that Entertainment / Biography laws are set in place so they can't be arrested for the content of the program then they just need to stop talking. These laws have been around since TV Bio shows came about.

And how are some of these people so clueless they say the cars are slow because the time they take getting down the track? It's the oldest trick in the book with kids ripcord toys. They always only went like 3 feet so for the advertisement they put the camera real close, replayed segments of its trip and made it look like it went 50 feet, only in this case they repeat certain points of the car on the street, show it in different views and just do that the whole time so instead of a 5 second race you get to be waiting longer keeping the tension up. I'm no rocket scientist here but I think these people either are just looking for a reason to complain or ignorance really must be bliss because there sure is allot of it.

Anybody can say they have the fastest cars. :talkhand: These boys obviously haven't been to South Texas where the drug dealers have the unlimited resources :spend: to build "the fastest cars."

Oh yeah just what I want, a crack head building me a car complete with the most explosive fuels ever created to be put in a car. No thank you. Like drug dealers know anything about building a true drag car. They might have some thing to out run the cops after a doughnut binge but I'm sure pitting against real 1500 HP drag cars they would just explode being to anxious to hit the Nitro switch to early.

Hmmmmmmm......"On the street.....these are the fastest cars around" is totally different that what THEY are bragging about. THEY are saying that THEY are the Fastest 10 Cars in the COUNTRY, Possibly the, WORLD. That is what I call BS on, I will try to believe that they MAY have the Fastest 10 Cars in the AREA......... But there might be a few Faster Street Cars in their area but the owners are not dumb enough to Street Race them like these idiots do.

Well then the world will never know. Especially since if their running them on the track then it's a prepped surface meaning the track has already done half the work. So the street cars will toast them any day of the week on an un-prepped surface. Track cars are for P@#$%'s

All I can say for illegal street racing is "Dumb Ash"

To bad you feel that way. A rental car company used to rent out Shelby 350's and call it rent a racer so people could take them out on weekends and street race light to light. They even had to pay higher insurance so the insurance companies didn't hold it against Hurtz if some one killed them selves. Guess you're a fan of the wrong car because Shelby used to build sets of these 350's just so Hurtz could do it.

Damn Shelby for contributing to the delinquency of people that have balls to have a little fun >:()

Its real all right. Real stupid. This sort of show encourages the mindless to street race. Amazing the "reality" crap that is on TV today.

So did Shelby and Hurtz. Back in the Musclecar days. You ever heard of "Rent a racer" You should look that up, they rented out Shelby 350's just so the renter could take them out and street race on the weekend. It was real hell on Hurtz insurance and you had to get insurance in the package to rent one but it was all thanks to Shelby :) Fact it was their idea.

Guess you better sell your car now because you don't want to be seen driving in a car that "encourages the mindless to street race".

That's to bad too that really looks good in silver :(

As always to many people answering these questions with out knowing how it works. First off air fields don't have telephone poles with wire connecting them so obviously where all the streets they race seem to have those anyone who says that has gotta be brain dead. Second when 16 year old kids street race it's just a bunch of punk kinds with no organization getting together with no spotters and betting their lawn mowing money.

Professional street racing uses spotters, a captain, a treasurer and do make a list because those are the top of the charts and they use that list to set up a team against any outsiders or if they go as visitor. This is nothing new, it has been done since street racing has become a national past time through out the country.

As far as the guy with the AC Cobra pic goes saying it's dangerous, they use spotters and keep a strong eye out, the only ones at risk are them so to be such a grandpa I would hardly call you a car guy since that car in your pic has claimed more lives on the streets then most any car in the world.

The TV show is signed on as entertainment/Biography, that way the TV show it's self can never be used as evidence in court and any video evidence against anyone has to be warranted and collected from the network it's self. Ergo if they are not caught in the act they can not be held accountable by law Same as Chiefs license being suspended in season 1, he wasn't caught red handed nor was it suspended after the show aired so by law he was grandfathered that no harm no foul they did not catch him with a suspended license therefor he did not break the law. Same as done with biographies. OKC does have a large underground racing scene and the little kids in daddies borrowed Cadillac don't count.

Though the fact is the cars names may have been made by production (That of which I don't think is the case here) BUT they have given rights to any name and likenesses used such as Murder Nova and Farm Truck so they can use them on salable items.

As far as people calling everything scripted, they interview the people constantly in the show, as they do that they take notes and write down what is being said and after everything is over they put their words on Q Cards, sit them down in a calm setting allow them to tell the story there as they are instructed to put the emotion in it to sell the story and promote the feeling of the event into the audience.

So it is a little acting, allot of reality and allot of legal paperwork to be signed.

Then you got shows like Pawn Stars that starts out pretty real then Production decides to use it to get other shows started with PS as it's platform so it just becomes complete scripted crap and A&E who's only show that has any reality in it at all is Duck Dynasty where they sell all the others as reality and the only thing real about it at all is the company or people it involves exist honestly but the show it just complete Hollywood.

It really is a case of hit or miss at times but OKC has always been known for its racing scene out there and most people might say they never heard of it so it can't exist but if you're not into it then you really won't know much about it then. When I first moved to Kansas first thing some one told me was if I ever wanted to see some badass street racing I needed to go there and get in with the group that does it out there that even back then was claimed to be the fastest in the nation and I think I remember years back watching the NHRA on TV seeing Varely's gold car on there making a bi pass (One car on the track for a test hit) and he wasn't in the competition at all and they said he was just there to test the car and that paint job is pretty hard to mistake or forget.

I hope THIS answers your questions. Obviously most the people on this panel have no idea how the laws work or what a telephone pole looks like so I found it best to put it up to myself to explain a little from un-bias point of view that wasn't just looking to TV Show bash because their still mad some 19 year old kid beat them in a drag race once and now it has to be anyone elses fault who as ever crossed a finish line first because these poor people couldn't even get the first 60 feet down the track.

Don't care what you say, They are a bunch of IDIOTS and I know for a FACT, that there are FASTER Street Cars, even here in Florida, that WILL beat them on the Street BUT, I don't think they are stupid enough to Street Race. Personally, every time I see the show, I think it is more and more like Pro Wrestling, meaning, it's Pro-Fake. They already have it scripted who wins.

Don't care what you say, They are a bunch of IDIOTS and I know for a FACT, that there are FASTER Street Cars, even here in Florida, that WILL beat them on the Street BUT, I don't think they are stupid enough to Street Race. Personally, every time I see the show, I think it is more and more like Pro Wrestling, meaning, it's Pro-Fake. They already have it scripted who wins.

If you know for a fact pm me some contact info and maybe we can find out. There has been an open call out for anyone to race shawns nova.

The problem with your statement is that you know for a FACT. They are faster on the STREET. But then state they probobly wont race on the street. No one is debating they ate the fastest cars built. There are plenty of track built cars that will run with or beat these guys. Hell there are local guys that will. That's not the debate. The street is a whole new ball game. But we can debate this all night. End of the day there is only one way to find out. Get me some contact info and maybe we can find out

Track cars are for P@#$%'s

Word of caution new "friend": With comments like this in a forum with a bunch of track day guys and racers, you'll be labeled a troll very quickly. Clean it up and keep the discussion in a positive light even when debating.

If you know for a fact pm me some contact info and maybe we can find out. There has been an open call out for anyone to race shawns nova.

The problem with your statement is that you know for a FACT. They are faster on the STREET. But then state they probobly wont race on the street. No one is debating they ate the fastest cars built. There are plenty of track built cars that will run with or beat these guys. Hell there are local guys that will. That's not the debate. The street is a whole new ball game. But we can debate this all night. End of the day there is only one way to find out. Get me some contact info and maybe we can find out

Tell you what......you give me YOUR contact info, I will pass it on and if they are stupid enough to want to race on the Street then they will contact you.

I definitely don't condone street racing at all. Why put yourself in a dangerous situation for not only you but anyone else around? So nice that Farmtruck was able to come on here and defend the reality show and "street racing". So your saying that the best race cars will race on the street and not track? The way I see it, real race cars will take it to a dedicated track and run the cars there instead of an unpredictable and potentially dangerous street environment.

Street racing is risky at best, stupid at worst. And while this is not really reality, how many 16 year olds will this inspire? Fastest cars? Tell me that when they actually go further that 1/8th mile and they turn left and right.

Street racing is risky at best, stupid at worst. And while this is not really reality, how many 16 year olds will this inspire? Fastest cars? Tell me that when they actually go further that 1/8th mile and they turn left and right.

Heck, just get them to do a 1/4 Mile. Every Month I get MM&FF and there are always a Street Legal Tagged Mustang on the Cover with close to or well over 1000HP.

At least in the beginning of the show they announce" Just because we are Dumb a@@ess doesn't you mean you need to be a Dumb A@@ too". Find a legal safe place with a crappy surface to race on. Then you can say " we are the fastest street cars on a crappy surface". There are many legal fastest street car association groups. They race at a safe facility. Some are heads up all out bragging rights races. Never seen anyone get arrested, or hurt. One can try to justify illegal street racing all they can, but doesn't make it legal. Personally I have raced for years at a drag strip. Heads up as well as bracket racing. Never had to worry about hurting any innocent by standers or breaking any laws. I believe one has a right to watch any show they want, I just don't watch or condone illegal street racing. Seen to many hurt by it.

And that's all I am going to say about that. Please be safe.

So I guess no one here has ever done a hard pull in your car on a public road and been over the speed limit? I get that street racing is "bad" but yall do realize that the way these guys race there is no way a innocent bystander would be effected. While the roads are not being closed. If anyone is anywhere near them they shut it down. There are people posted up everywhere watching for cars cops etc

What is their opposition to running at Thunder Valley? It doesn't seem to me that you could even have a real drag race (with closely powered cars) without a tree or traps.

If they did that, it would just be another "Pinks All Out" show.

So I guess no one here has ever done a hard pull in your car on a public road and been over the speed limit? I get that street racing is "bad" but yall do realize that the way these guys race there is no way a innocent bystander would be effected. While the roads are not being closed. If anyone is anywhere near them they shut it down. There are people posted up everywhere watching for cars cops etc

Hmmmmm....Nascar used to say that TO after they built the taller solid Concrete Walls, and the HUGE Catch Fence and last year several People had to be rushed to the Hospital. Keep in mind, the only people that are NOT considered "Innocent Bystander" are the Drivers. Have you seen just how many people standing around at the Starting area when the Light Flashes?

Archived