TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Saleen

07SGT

I don't care for Saleens (Oh God, please tell me I have not offended someone again). But for those that have an interest.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/07/04/saleen-351-mustang-enters-production/?intcmp=features

No offense here. I don't care for them either. A little too European for me. To each his own...

But I do like the color... B)

I don't care for Saleens (Oh God, please tell me I have not offended someone again). But for those that have an interest.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/07/04/saleen-351-mustang-enters-production/?intcmp=features

Yea, wasn't your best response. I owned 2 Saleens and the last one being a 2000 281SC Conv. and yea they had no where near the power of today's cars but with the Saleen suspension plus the Maximum Motorsports stuff I added and I had the first street version of Baer's 6-piston brakes it would out handle anything including most modern Shelby's! I am glad the REAL Saleen Mustangs are back and I guess Steve learned his lesson but there is NO reason to look down on them. Saleen didn't win championships from being an idiot and if not for Saleen the new Shelby's we like so much might never happen.

I've always been a Shelby fan but I would buy another Saleen again.. I hate that damn drag racing butterfly crap in the hood scoop though

Just like the Roush Mustangs too whatever floats your boat

Yea, wasn't your best response. I owned 2 Saleens and the last one being a 2000 281SC Conv. and yea they had no where near the power of today's cars but with the Saleen suspension plus the Maximum Motorsports stuff I added and I had the first street version of Baer's 6-piston brakes it would out handle anything including most modern Shelby's! I am glad the REAL Saleen Mustangs are back and I guess Steve learned his lesson but there is NO reason to look down on them. Saleen didn't win championships from being an idiot and if not for Saleen the new Shelby's we like so much might never happen.

I've always been a Shelby fan but I would buy another Saleen again.. I hate that damn drag racing butterfly crap in the hood scoop though

Holy cow... Tell us how you really feel. Geez... He only said he didn't care for them. He didn't say they were pieces of chit. :shrug:

I like what Steve and Jack both put out. To me, its all good.

That said. I got no problem if somebody here doesn't like their brands, or someone who likes theirs don't care for ours.

Its a compelling reason for sports- a fan attaches to one brand, and then must make out some other to be the villain. I get it.

Whatever toots your horn.

Holy cow... Tell us how you really feel. Geez... He only said he didn't care for them. He didn't say they were pieces of chit. :shrug:

You don't see the point... I currently own 2 Shelby's and maybe a 3rd but there are other great Mustangs other than 2007 to present Shelby's. Everyone else refers to the modern Shelby owners has snobs and its the truth. If you have been around shows you can hear it if you listen and I've never been a part of a 'click' and never want to be. C'mon man you have seen the other posts on here by many people that basically say the new Shelby Mustangs are the best and the rest is crap. Also, how many times do you see someone rip the guy because his is a fake Shelby!! Sorry, but not everyone has $50/$60/$80k to plunk down on a car so if the guy's dream is a Shelby and his replica is all he can afford then good for him at least he didn't buy a Camaro. I for one is glad the REAL Saleen Mustangs are back as competition can only make future Shelby's that much better.

But at any time anyone is gonna say anything about another Mustang especially if negative you bet your ass I'm going to reply! I'm saying it now because you know damn well someone is going to comment about Saleen's suck anyway

You don't see the point... I currently own 2 Shelby's and maybe a 3rd but there are other great Mustangs other than 2007 to present Shelby's. Everyone else refers to the modern Shelby owners has snobs and its the truth. If you have been around shows you can hear it if you listen and I've never been a part of a 'click' and never want to be. C'mon man you have seen the other posts on here by many people that basically say the new Shelby Mustangs are the best and the rest is crap. Also, how many times do you see someone rip the guy because his is a fake Shelby!! Sorry, but not everyone has $50/$60/$80k to plunk down on a car so if the guy's dream is a Shelby and his replica is all he can afford then good for him at least he didn't buy a Camaro. I for one is glad the REAL Saleen Mustangs are back as competition can only make future Shelby's that much better.

But at any time anyone is gonna say anything about another Mustang especially if negative you bet your ass I'm going to reply! I'm saying it now because you know damn well someone is going to comment about Saleen's suck anyway

While that may be someone's perception, that perception is based on a very small minority of Shelby owners. Really, everyone says we are snobs? And, there are those who feel their Roush or Saleen is king as well. I owned a 99 Saleen, I loved the car and in my opinion, they are some of the best looking cars out their today. When 2005 rolled around, they went to far for my taste. I think the new model is much improved but, there is a lot more competition now.

I find it interesting that they spent all the money for R&D for a 2014 model year when in 2015 things change completely. I'd think they would have worked it for the new model or 2012 + so they can get more than a 1 year run no?

I am not trying to "down" anyone else's vehicle, in this case a Saleen. I am just saying I do not care for them. I don't care for the Rousch either. I am a Shelby person. I am curious, for anyone that might know, how the market/resale is for the Saleen and Rousch. And I don't put down people that have clones as often that is all they can afford, and I know that situation all too well.

I started this thread. I didn't bash the Saleen I merely said I don't care for it. The purpose of providing the link is that most of us will probably find, since it is Mustang related, to be of interest. My intent was only to post a link for informational purpose and people can read or ignore.

You know if I go to a restaurant with someone and they suggest "The Sushi" I would probably say no thank you as I do not care for Sushi. But it doesn't mean I am attacking that person on a personal level. It just means I don't care for Sushi and obviously prefer something else. And again, we should be able to provide a simple post and express a simple opinion without people taking it personal.

I am a Shelby guy but I'm glad to see the Saleens are back. Saleen does a good job on his cars, especially the interiors. I actually like them all whether it be a Roush,Steeda,or just plain stock.

As you would imagine I am also a Shelby guy. But I do have respect for the Saleens. A buddy of mine had a 2007 Extreme and that car was sweet! But would I run out and buy one? Probably not. I personally think they are overpriced. Alot of people think Shelby is overpriced but I just think Saleen's pricing is a little much. I have never really been a fan of Roush. And as far as Shelby owners being snobs, every Shelby owner I have met has shown the utmost respect regardless of what Mustang you have. I personally know a Roush owner that is always putting down my Shelby and thinks his Roush is the God of Mustangs. And that is fine, because I love my Shelby!

And as far as this new Saleen, I think it is a damn good looking Mustang.... except for that giant rear spoiler.

Ummm shouldn't that be the other way around?

Both Saleen and Roush make great cars but their resale value is no where near the Shelby's. Same with name recognition. Many non-car people recognize the Shelby name but mention Roush or Saleen and you'll get a blank stare in return.

Steve

I particularly like them all. I knew Steve through SCCA racing back into the 80's. I loved the Saleen's back then. I now have my 2013 Roush (not Rousch), my Shelby, and I want to find a nice '87-88 Saleen vert someday. I loved that car. Handled amazingly and was a blast to drive. Steve should have never let his company go. At least he has it all back together now.

I particularly like them all. I knew Steve through SCCA racing back into the 80's. I loved the Saleen's back then. I now have my 2013 Roush (not Rousch), my Shelby, and I want to find a nice '87-88 Saleen vert someday. I loved that car. Handled amazingly and was a blast to drive. Steve should have never let his company go. At least he has it all back together now.

I'm sure that was tough on him and to be fair even Carroll lost control of SAI during the Venture bankruptcy. The car business is not an easy one.

Steve

I like the Car but, Saleen should stick with the Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers and leave the Super Cars and Electric Cars to other Companies. His troubles started when he began producing the S7 Super Car.

I see your point... I obviously love Shelby's too. :wub: And also I love Roush's. :wub: However, I don't like Saleen's. :nonono:

Do you see my point? Don't get your panties in a wad... :petting:

Nothing negative was written. :victory:

Archived