TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just a thought

NMAv

1. Plus all the great work getting us some incredible deals, like the SGT-H hood now sitting in my basement. Thanks, Jer.

2. Couldn't agree more. The OP goes back 2.5 years, but before that there were some godawful wars between TS members

waged on these forums. (Who can forget the pro-Amy, anti-Amy factions... or some folk getting banned which hasn't happened

in quite a while.) So despite the occasional flare ups, it has gotten tamer in the past few years.

-Tom

Thanks for the support, Tom.

By the way, people still get banned, we just do it "Vegas-style" now (they get warned twice, then are muscled out the back entrance with little fanfare).

Jer

Thanks Jer, i am also a member of some of those Mustang (and other) sites, and I would agree. BTW, some here appreciate SAI and enjoy the vehicles and parts and have the highest regards for SAI and their employees, others don't, but we all respect each other's opinions, right?

Hey, it's important to note that I've been a CUSTOMER way longer than an employee. I have not always been delighted... I get it! LOL...

Jer

I stated part of the desirability, and subsequent price, is based on HP. Lets face it, a Shelby GT is more rare than a GT 500, but the GT 500 has the HP and is therefore, IMO, more desirable and hence may be worth more some day. I think HP will always be a huge factor as far as collectability and desirability, especially to Shelby afficianados.

I think the relatively low HP and low dollar Chrysler Shelbys will effect their eventual market price. They are just not as much fun to drive or brag about. The GT 500 will always be fun to drive and brag about. The only thing better than 500 HP is 550 HP and then 662 HP.

Well said

Thanks Jer, i am also a member of some of those Mustang (and other) sites, and I would agree. BTW, some here appreciate SAI and enjoy the vehicles and parts and have the highest regards for SAI and their employees, others don't, but we all respect each other's opinions, right?

I would hope we would all respect the people at SAI and everything they try to do. They are not beyond criticism, they would be the first to tell you that. And, in the world of retail, I believe they would rather have the vocal person who's intent it is to help improve, the silent type who just spreads the bad news to others

I would hope we would all respect the people at SAI and everything they try to do. They are not beyond criticism, they would be the first to tell you that. And, in the world of retail, I believe they would rather have the vocal person who's intent it is to help improve, the silent type who just spreads the bad news to others

There are all kinds of feedback, some constructive, some second-hand, some destructive with no constructive component intended. I would hope that the former would dominate. But the jury is still out on that in my mind.

I have been a part of this forum for just over a year. Most of the information on here has been useful and very informative. I love my Shelby regardless of where, or who built it. Yes some of you own originals from certains years or one of kind cars. But I don't think that changes how any of us feel about the forum or the Shelby community as a whole. We all share a common bond, we love our cars and enjoy showing, talking about them and modifying them. This forum is here so that we can continue to meet new people with the same interests, communicate with our new and old Shelby friends. For me, I have met some pretty incredible people from this forum and enjoy being part of it. I try very hard to remain neutral or not participate in any negative discussion, never was one for the soap drama.

Bottom line, enjoy the forum, enjoy your cars, enjoy your friends and family and most important of all enjoy life!

My sense tells me to steer clear of this subject, but I think this is the very subject that requires the most discussion.

The original idea of this topic I completely understand. This forum has gone through many changes and directions throughout the 6 or 7 years some of us have been here for. It was once a passionate group of mustang folks, that relished the return of Shelby to our favorite brand. Then, it was not just a place to talk, it was a place to find a good deal, make connections, and then even participate in epic Shelby sponsored events! It became a place to get information first, and even first hand from Shelby executives who enjoyed our online forum and company. Then it actually became PART of Shelby. Ironically, Shelby executives became less involved, but have in my opinion wanted to keep TS as a channel of communication and fellowship, and make it better, but at a less personal level than say Amy did. Maybe things just go a little stale after a while, maybe respect wains, guard comes down with more comfort to express, but who really knows the reasons for it. People I had once called friends and looked forward to seeing have made themselves out to not be friends, said things that were really not decent, and it has changed me from where I was all that time ago. I think all I can really be clear about is how I have changed, and I have. Where I once played peacemaker, I now tell it how I see it. Where I once always tried to paint SA and TS in a positive light, I now feel obligated to serve the enthusiast, not the company. It may one day put me at odds with who allow me to "officially" run events for Shelby, but its what I consider my duty in the role that I serve you all. Plus, being a simple Yes Man to Shelby does a huge disservice to them as well. But....

Whatever.

I think some of this other stuff yall are discussing here is a different matter completely.

When you talk about desirability, I could really give a rats ass what some other guy wants more, less, blah blah....10, 20 years from now?

Meh. In the end, Ive cut through all the BS and decided what REALLY matters is what is desirable to ME, right now. And right now, it happens to be the most powerful production car EVER made in America. Throw whatever name you want on it, Shelby, SVT, or Ford Mustang. im happy with it. I own a car that is more powerful than my dream car of being a teen- the Vector W8. How cool is that?!

10 or 20 years from now, who knows what will be the best, or who's name will be attached to it. Regardless of what comes in the future, Carroll was proud to have his name on the car that holds the title of most powerful production car in the US, and while I can't speak for him, I would personally be insulted if someone that was supposed to celebrate my accomplishments in life tried to belittle or take away one of the biggest. I may have no crystal ball, but I don't see the new 5.2L power plant putting out 662HP, and I can't believe the GT500 that holds the title won't be the most desirable by the majority of enthusiasts down the road. Especially considering how few will really be built in the end. (2013-2014).

The rest of you guys can disagree or whatever, but that's the way I see it.

Interesting thoughts from folks on this forum. I've been on here since the early days but don't post that often. This forum is an excellent source for information. Information that helps us to satisfy our needs for fun, freedom, power (as in being proud of something), and a sense of belonging (friends).

As in any healthy relationship between individuals or groups of people, agreed upon values which keep behaviors in check and provide direction are important. Values such as respect, excellence, integrity, responsibility, empathy, and courage can provide a healthy environment especially with an online community where there is a considerable amount of anonymity.

As you read other's posts, you can determine who has credibility when they exemplify these values, and over time, these individuals and their sharing of information become a great asset for the members of this forum. The personal benefit for myself from these individuals has been priceless. Thank You!

One of the tenants of Team Shelby has been to allow as much free speech as possible. As this topics alludes to, that also brings out a wide range of opinions and such.

We've always held the belief that opposing views are welcomed, however, they must be presented in a well-formed response.

As we we all seen, when a community continues to grow, as TS has, you'll see many more different views.

Archived