TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Show Displays

It is common knowledge that easels, boards and such can be blown away during a show. Even worse, your car or another could be damaged. I have come up with a solution. The board material can be found at most craft stores and is about an 1/8" thick. I laminated the sheets and doucuments to protect them. I am going to try and cover the whole board with plastic to protect it further. I cut the board to follow the grill cuvature and not cover any "vital" parts in the engine bay nor our grill. I cut two holes to line up with the hood pin "posts". I then located some rubber washers from my local Ace to finish off the holes. These washers (see Picture)fit tightly on the posts and keep the board from being blown off. The hood pins are then put on the posts so they are not just dangling around and possibly scracting our bumpers. The second picture shows the installed board. By the way, it will fit on your dash in case there is some threat of rain. I hope this will be helpful to many fellow SGT owners.

photoMA40317350-0001.JPG

photoMA40317352-0002.JPG

photoMA40317360-0003.JPG

photoMA40317350-0001.JPG

photoMA40317352-0002.JPG

photoMA40317360-0003.JPG

What a great idea. What is the certificate on the lower left? I have the hero cards,the authenticity certificate, and dash plaque(obviously).

You just saved me some money. Thanks for sharing. I was going to buy a painted or carbon fiber radiator cover.

Can you describe the board material a little more? Are you happy with the edges? I also would like to know about the lower left certificate.

I found a site that had certificate printouts to copy. I'll post the location ASAP.See the photo below of the certificate.Total '08 GTs, GT-Cs and like equipped(63 like mine). The "board" has a foam core and flat black poster board made onto both sides(from the factory). Thanks for the comments. I also have a reprint of the original stickers(Ford & Shelby) that I tape to the pass. window. The best thing about all of this is educating the public about "OUR CARS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

photoMA40317430-0002.JPG

photoMA40317430-0002.JPG

Oh, if you want a finished edge - consider some of that silicon rubber door edging you can purchase at most auto parts stores. Probably will work great with the board and it has it's own adhesive. (I used it to finish off the edges of the hole I cut in my hood for the scoop!)

Sam

I've seen more and more people doing this now. Once in a while I still see an extremely fancy display board, but mostly I'm seeing this, or simply framing a mesh-work of articles and info, then placing it elaborately so it cant blow away.

Love it!

I found a site that had certificate printouts to copy. I'll post the location ASAP.See the photo below of the certificate.Total '08 GTs, GT-Cs and like equipped(63 like mine). The "board" has a foam core and flat black poster board made onto both sides(from the factory). Thanks for the comments. I also have a reprint of the original stickers(Ford & Shelby) that I tape to the pass. window. The best thing about all of this is educating the public about "OUR CARS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shouldnt the certificate identify your car as 08SGT0031? Looks like a typo....they put 085GT0031..........OOPS!

It is common knowledge that easels, boards and such can be blown away during a show. Even worse, your car or another could be damaged. I have come up with a solution. The board material can be found at most craft stores and is about an 1/8" thick. I laminated the sheets and doucuments to protect them. I am going to try and cover the whole board with plastic to protect it further. I cut the board to follow the grill cuvature and not cover any "vital" parts in the engine bay nor our grill. I cut two holes to line up with the hood pin "posts". I then located some rubber washers from my local Ace to finish off the holes. These washers (see Picture)fit tightly on the posts and keep the board from being blown off. The hood pins are then put on the posts so they are not just dangling around and possibly scracting our bumpers. The second picture shows the installed board. By the way, it will fit on your dash in case there is some threat of rain. I hope this will be helpful to many fellow SGT owners.

Nice, notch out for your engine bay tag.

• 2 months later...

Archived