TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Yet another insurance question - warning: my rates nearly doubled since Feb!!!!

Heacock nearly doubled my rate on my GT-H since starting the policy in Feb. It renews this month and I'm shopping around. I can't believe the nerve to have to pay over $800 on a limited use (1000 miles plan) garaged collector valued at a modest $30K with $250 deductible. I was previously at $478 for the same coverage. They have no explanation other than a rate increase across all such cars..... I have my '66 insured with them as well and supposedly get a SAAC member discount. I've never had an automotive claim in my life nor have I had a speeding ticket. This is insane.

Where can I find reasonable insurance for such a limited use vehicle. I use Geico for my other cars, but I doubt they can recognize the difference between my car and a plain Mustang GT per the VIN and I don't want to be up a creek if/when it's time to make a claim.

Grundy

You set the value of your car and pay accordingly. Only rule is you must have a dd. Got a call from them the other day and they told me they are now staring to insure daily drivers along with your collectibles. Haven't looked I to that yet but do have several cars with them.

Troy call American Collectors. I have the Hertz and my 65 with them and am very happy with the rates. 1-800-360-2277

Heacock nearly doubled my rate on my GT-H since starting the policy in Feb. It renews this month and I'm shopping around. I can't believe the nerve to have to pay over $800 on a limited use (1000 miles plan) garaged collector valued at a modest $30K with $250 deductible. I was previously at $478 for the same coverage. They have no explanation other than a rate increase across all such cars..... I have my '66 insured with them as well and supposedly get a SAAC member discount. I've never had an automotive claim in my life nor have I had a speeding ticket. This is insane.

Where can I find reasonable insurance for such a limited use vehicle. I use Geico for my other cars, but I doubt they can recognize the difference between my car and a plain Mustang GT per the VIN and I don't want to be up a creek if/when it's time to make a claim.

Must have been that nice paint job that raised your rate....:)

Archived