TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How can I identify the Ford Racing mufflers on my Shelby

Notplayn

I bought a 2010 Grabber Blue w/ white stripes GT500 a couple years ago. It came with some really nice upgrades like 660hp kit, FR3 suspension and Ford Racing mufflers. I'm thinking about putting a set of the KRs on it and would probably sell the ones on it and would like to know what they are. All I can tell you is they are stamped Ford Racing and appear SS. They sound great but not loud enough. Tks

Heres a pic of it.

P1010544.jpg

The round ones were the 49-State (non CA) legal mufflers.

The 50-State (incl. CA) were oval.

I think Ford Racing referred to the 49-State as their "Loud" mufflers and can't remember what the CA editions were called (Quiet?).

Phill

The round ones were the 49-State (non CA) legal mufflers.

The 50-State (incl. CA) were oval.

I think Ford Racing referred to the 49-State as their "Loud" mufflers and can't remember what the CA editions were called (Quiet?).

Phill

The 50 State legal ones are called "Touring" (sounds so pleasant doesn't it) and the 49 State models were "Loud"

Mark

I bought a 2010 Grabber Blue w/ white stripes GT500 a couple years ago. It came with some really nice upgrades like 660hp kit, FR3 suspension and Ford Racing mufflers. I'm thinking about putting a set of the KRs on it and would probably sell the ones on it and would like to know what they are. All I can tell you is they are stamped Ford Racing and appear SS. They sound great but not loud enough. Tks

I'm not sure if the KR mufflers will have a long enough tip to fit the 2010 rear facia. If you do decide to sell I might be interested. I'll have to see where my budget is and consult the "boss".

Mark

If those aren't loud enough, you may want to think about going forward of the mufflers (off road pipe and headers) as they are some of the loudest mufflers out there.

Especially at about 1800 rpm inside the car :banghead:

Archived