TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dream Cars Weekend at Disney - Labor Day

cargirl

Friday August 30 – Monday September 2

Dream Cars Weekend, a car enthusiast’s DREAM vacation, will be the LARGEST CAR EVENT ever at the Walt Disney World® Resort during Labor Day weekend. Special guests include racing legends Don Garlits and Geoff Bodine. Plus jet dragster Elaine Larsen and the world renowned artist Laurence Gartel with his famous “Art Cars”. Automotive exhibitors will be inside the "Dreambuilders Marketplace" exhibition hall. Collector and specialty cars of all generations will be parked among the palms and southwestern haciendas. Themed nightly dinner parties with live entertainment, dyno, NASCAR simulator, micro racing, model car show, antique race car display plus much more.

Spectators FREE. $75 car show & party registration includes event shirt and canvas goody bag, a chance to win a Disney Cruise Line® giveaway and one Hawaiian Luau dinner party ticket. $35 show only registration includes an event shirt. Open to all makes, models and years. This is in conjunction with the Mustang Club of America's Grand National event.

Special resort room rate of $99 per night plus a FREE pair of after-4pm theme park passes. Visit the website and Facebook often for updates and added attractions. Attractive sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities are available.

Coronado Springs Resort 1000 W. Buena Vista Dr. Orlando, FL 32830.

www.DreamCarsWeekend.com, Tara@DreamCarsWeekend.com or 407-617-4201

FlyerFront2.jpg

FlyerBack2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see an event like this at Disneyland. Considering I go there quite a bit and going there in September as well. This would great to attend! Or even a Mustangs at the Mickyard type of event.

Man I love that Idea, calling it the "Mickyard"! Sounds perfect! Who can I talk to to see if we can make this happen? Anyone have an Idea to get the ball rolling? I really think It would have a good turn out. We could have John Force, Chip Foose, or even Lightning McQueen and Mater there as guest! Mabye I will have to my part as a local and look into this. I have a few ideas for the show areas, roped off of course:. The Valet parking area for Downtown Disney, the main entrance between the 2 parks, or how about parking in Cars Land! Hmm, my mind is always thinking.

Well the Mickyard is a show that happens at Walt Disney World. Actually in August. Why it doesn't happen in Anaheim I don't know. I would love it if something like that happened at Disneyland. I love Disneyland. For special guests I guess it would depend on the NHRA schedule wether the Forces would be able to show up. But how cool would that be if Mater and Lightning and Red showed up at the show. I am not sure exactly who you would contact to see if an event like could happen at Disneyland. Their website is mustangsatthemickyard.com and they have a contact section with a bunch of planning committee. Maybe they would be able to direct you to who would need to be contacted about a socal event. And with Mustang and Shelby clubs near socal, shouldn't have a problem pulling in a big crowd just like Mustangs at the Queen Mary.

The reason the show is called the Mickyard as it is being held at the MICKYARD speed way in Fl. Remember they used to run Cart, F1 here :shrug:

I think Disney has the Naming rights to it as all the lawyer crap got involved when they starting talking about the Grand National MCA show here.

You probably would have to come up with a different name, but who knows they might use it. Not sure about copyrights.

• 1 month later...

Archived