TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Unique 351 Cleveland-powered Shelby GT350 Going To Auction

The Shelby registry acknowledges that it was shipped with both a Cougar interior as well a 351C. The car was then delivered to Fred Goodell for him to engineer a fuel injection system on it.

Speaking of prototype cars, the 68 GT500 is scheduled to be at SAAC38 next week..

• 2 weeks later...

Boss 302 should have been the stock engine in the 69 GT 350. I've always liked the 69 351 Windsor four barrel engine, but I always thought the Boss 302 would have been more in line with Shelby's vision back then. I just figure the Boss 302 wasn't yet ready for production when the 69 GT 350 came on line, and they didn't want to spend the money to make it happen.

Boss 302 should have been the stock engine in the 69 GT 350. I've always liked the 69 351 Windsor four barrel engine, but I always thought the Boss 302 would have been more in line with Shelby's vision back then. I just figure the Boss 302 wasn't yet ready for production when the 69 GT 350 came on line, and they didn't want to spend the money to make it happen.

I think the idea was the Shelby was a bit more upscale and the high winding Boss 302 didn't fit the bill, although there was one built. Interesting that the Cougar Eliminator did get the Boss motor

• 2 weeks later...

I used to own a Boss 351 the car was BIG but the engine was total bad ass. That thing sounded like a Nascar engine when you hit the 6800 rpm range ( solid lifter's ). I know that engine did not come out till 1971 but that would have been great to put in the GT350.

Archived