TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Steers like a new '65

Denstang65

Had my car at a shop getting new A-arms and the classic Shelby drop of the A-arms. Something I have been wanting to do for a long time. I could of done it myself :superhero: , but decided to have professionals do it right. The alignment was going to have to be done anyways. She was gone for a week and I just got her back tonight. I am so happy. She drives like a dream. I feel like I just got the keys to a new car. Now its time for cruising. :peelout:

I know the feeling. A couple years back I replaced nearly the entire front suspension on my '65 including the UCA drop and beefed up the stock parts with Shelby spec. I also added new spindles and disc brakes along with fresh tires all around. The car was a dream to drive. I really miss it sometimes. Ford and Shelby sure got it right back in the early days..

I remember doing my GT350's front suspension. It drove like a dream AFTER I got rid of all the sloppy inferior factory components and added TCP power rack and pinion and A arms, Wilwood disc brakes, and Bilstein coil-overs. Then the vague, "herding it down the road" steering and ride was all gone..... :happy feet:

Archived