TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mach 1 Mustang Returns for 2017, Shelby GT350 for 2016

Amigo GT500

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we are one big happy family here!

We certainly used to be. I've been here since before it was Team Shelby.

I know of a man here that also buys and looks for the perfect ride for himself. He's gone through several iterations, and he has never, to my knowledge, played a zero-sum game.

This is a Shelby board. Not a Mach 1, Boss or "just" mustang.

I'm totally sure the new Bosses are amazing! Same with the Mach 1 , when it comes out. The GT 500, 350 for sure.

My only heartburn in here, is when someone feels the need to point out others' cars shortcomings, as they spend to move toward their own idea of nirvana.

My animosity is not personal, and is the main reason I have been an infrequent poster for the last couple years.

I still, after nearly 6 years, can't believe what is sitting in my garage! I do NOT need someone else's ride to be less than mine.

I guess I'm old. I don't get it.

Zero Sum Game. damn Dan. That's such the right way to put it. Thanks! I made myself pretty scarce over the last two years as well, for the exact same reasons. I miss the Stangsunleashed days.

I know of a man here that also buys and looks for the perfect ride for himself. He's gone through several iterations, and he has never, to my knowledge, played a zero-sum game.

I'm totally sure the new Bosses are amazing! Same with the Mach 1 , when it comes out. The GT 500, 350 for sure.

My only heartburn in here, is when someone feels the need to point out others' cars shortcomings, as they spend to move toward their own idea of nirvana.

My animosity is not personal, and is the main reason I have been an infrequent poster for the last couple years.

I still, after nearly 6 years, can't believe what is sitting in my garage! I do NOT need someone else's ride to be less than mine.

Great post Dan.

Hey Tom. I think you misunderstand me. If it took several months to get a replacement part for your car, knowing that, could you drive it as spirited as if you merely had to go to your nearest dealer and get a part? Now imagine organizing events and having your car be a pretty important aspect to running events. It got to where people knew me by my Raptor, not my Shelby. The Shelby spent one six month stretch sitting at a local mod shop because it didnt have body panels due to an early design or manufacture flaw in the 350 builds. It got to be down right embarrassing.

Thanks for the clarification, Warren. I did misunderstand.

You know, come to think of it: I have yet to go to an event with my car (TS or other) where this issue

of just how much was CS involved in one Shelby or another has ever come up. Negatively I mean. I have

shared comments with perfect strangers of how special my car or someone else's KR is for going through

SA for modification, but never in the form of demeaning someone else's ride. That personal conversation

stays rather impersonal even while discussing things like those damn first gen flexy hood scoops. Conversely,

things can quickly get personal on these impersonal forums. Nothing new really in my 25 years of interacting

with electronic communication: it usually boils down to missing the context.

-Tom

You know, come to think of it: I have yet to go to an event with my car (TS or other) where this issue

of just how much was CS involved in one Shelby or another has ever come up. Negatively I mean. I have

shared comments with perfect strangers of how special my car or someone else's KR is for going through

SA for modification, but never in the form of demeaning someone else's ride. That personal conversation

stays rather impersonal even while discussing things like those damn first gen flexy hood scoops. Conversely,

things can quickly get personal on these impersonal forums. Nothing new really in my 25 years of interacting

with electronic communication: it usually boils down to missing the context.

-Tom

That's a good observation about the impersonal nature of TDBs, since so few know anyone on them personally. I have never been to a Team Shelby event, since I just got my new car and I had heard the old Shelbys were not very welcome at Team Shelby events, since it is geared to the new cars primarily. But a friend who has a '65-'66 GT350 carryover (and he gets grief from SAAC people that it is not as good as the '65 R model) and myself were talking to a guy at a car show last weekend who had an '84 GT350. He really was not aware of all the issues around the car, and we just kept our mouths shut and talked about how rare that car is.....so in person things don't go there usually.

Concur. We can disagree without becoming nasty, immature, and sarcastic.

One issue that has been oft mentioned here is the original warpy hood scoop. So allow me to pose a question. All others factors being equal, do you think in 25-30 years from now a warped original hood scoop would be worth more than a smooth replacement hood scoop. One is original and one is not. Thoughts????? How would a concours judge consider the two vehicles?

Ha! That hood scoop can't be any more warpy or poorly made than the '67-'68 Shelby hoods and scoops. My KR's hood bows, fits very badly, has spider cracks around the scoops, and thus the judges at MCA and SAAC know it is original and I get full credit and compliments for the "preservation". I wouldn't worry about it.

I was just curious if it might actually be more valuable because it was the original as opposed to a replacement.

I can't say about what the future holds for these cars, but in the vintage Corvette, Mopar, and Shelby world's of today, original is far superior to aftermarket when it comes to judging. And a car that has achieved Top Flight, Concours Gold (driven or trailered) or 1st Place Mopar National, based on originality, is much more valuable in the market than a modded car of the same vintage.

:salute: +1

I have never been to a Team Shelby event, since I just got my new car and I had heard the old Shelbys were not very welcome at Team Shelby events, since it is geared to the new cars primarily. But a friend who has a '65-'66 GT350 carryover (and he gets grief from SAAC people that it is not as good as the '65 R model) and myself were talking to a guy at a car show last weekend who had an '84 GT350. He really was not aware of all the issues around the car, and we just kept our mouths shut and talked about how rare that car is.....so in person things don't go there usually.

I've never been to a TS event where early cars were not more than welcome. At the Bash show, there is a class specifically for them. I think all of us love the early cars. I wish there was more cooperation between the two groups so we can all enjoy each other's company.

I've never been to a TS event where early cars were not more than welcome. At the Bash show, there is a class specifically for them. I think all of us love the early cars. I wish there was more cooperation between the two groups so we can all enjoy each other's company.

+1..............................I enjoy talking with and visiting ALL Shelby folks. Sure you may find a butt head or two but not enough to reduce the level of fun I get from the events.

I have never been to a Team Shelby event, since I just got my new car and I had heard the old Shelbys were not very welcome at Team Shelby events, since it is geared to the new cars primarily.

Mike,

As a SAAC member since 1981, yup not a typo....and a Stangs Unleashed (pre Team Shelby) member, as well as having both a vintage and new gen car, I've seen and played on both sides of the fence.

Whoever said the vintage wasn't welcome is sorrily mistaken. In fact, quite the opposite, we'd love to see more of them at the various events, and we appreciate the LASAAC involvement with the vintage they bring out to the Bash each year. Special tip o' the cap to "Gooch"... Bruce Kawaguchi for bringing out the 1966 school car (1 of 3) each year and giving people rides around Spring Mountain.

I brought my '68KR to Carrolls 85th Birthday Bash as well as a few TS cruises here in the NorCal region, and its the car that gets the attention.

TS is predominately the new gen, by default, because that is what this club was based on, and where all of the new growth and fan base came from. Sure many vintage owners have a new gen, but not many of todays "new to Shelby" buyers can financially get into the 65-70 cars, which are mostly garaged weekend toys, whereas, these new gen cars, can be driven daily...and many are..

I can't speak for other regions, but because I'm involved (as the Pacific region zone coordinator) we (TSPCR) and the NorCal SAAC region have worked very well together. While NorCal SAAC is more of a "track" based region, TSPCR is much more social, and how we've worked together is bringing more cars to their open track events (more financially viable now for them), and they included in our cruises and other outside activities.

After all, for me its about the hobby, the people and passion for Shelby, and all things Blue Oval. Unfortunately, regardless of what group or activity, cars or otherwise, there will always be a few "tools"

Hope to one day see your 68KR, and 12 GB WB 350

Motor on,

Tom

Well I am sure many people from TS remember me at the 50th Bash, as well as a couple events. I own a '65 tribute and have always been accepted. I have even met some vintage Shelby owners, as well as " Gooch ", and have been accepted and even complimented regarding my car. Again, mine isn't even a real Shelby! I have yet to meet someone from TS that has treated me on a lower level. I am bummed to not see many vintage cars at events, but that's fine with me. I am just old school. And maybe my car can provide a little bit of vintage Shelby vibe to fill the absence. All in all, I am very happy to be a TS member and try to go to whatever events I can. Bottom line; Ford is cool, Mustangs are better, and Shelbys are the best! SAI and TS, lets keep the Shelby legacy going!

Thanks for the insights guys, just getting to know TS after several decades at SAAC and MCA. I will try to attend some events with either the '68 or '13 or maybe both if close to home where I can drive, I would never trailer my cars. But I guess I should avoid the Southern Plains Region...... :victory:

Mike,

I don't know where you are in the "Mountain" region, but you're more than welcome to join us next year in Tahoe for the 5th annual Snakes at the Lake - where if it's "Powered by Ford" you're on the guest list...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/80366-4th-annual-snakes-at-the-lake-tahoe-cruise-saturday-june-22nd-2013/

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/81498-snakes-at-the-lake-pics-feel-free-to-add-to-them/

http://photos.nowplaying.tv/Lifein2013/2013-Snakes-at-the-Lake/30157580_Qx34SP#!i=2593385846&k=nsF3dbr

Mike,

I don't know where you are in the "Mountain" region, but you're more than welcome to join us next year in Tahoe for the 5th annual Snakes at the Lake - where if it's "Powered by Ford" you're on the guest list...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/80366-4th-annual-snakes-at-the-lake-tahoe-cruise-saturday-june-22nd-2013/

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/81498-snakes-at-the-lake-pics-feel-free-to-add-to-them/

http://photos.nowplaying.tv/Lifein2013/2013-Snakes-at-the-Lake/30157580_Qx34SP#!i=2593385846&k=nsF3dbr

Thanks for the invite! I'm in NM. That is my kinda show, love Tahoe, and I could stop off on the way to visit my daughter in the LA area. And my '13 has a big "Powered by Ford" emblem on the side. I'll bookmark the site so I can get it on my calendar for next year.

Mike,

Thanks for the invite! I'm in NM. That is my kinda show, love Tahoe, and I could stop off on the way to visit my daughter in the LA area. And my '13 has a big "Powered by Ford" emblem on the side. I'll bookmark the site so I can get it on my calendar for next year.

I know there are a few of us in the LA area, so just give a shout and we can meet up the next time you visit your daughter. I think either one of your cars would enjoy cruising along PCH by the ocean. Huntington Beach and Newport, just to name a few areas, offer great scenery and dining! Till we meet up, enjoy the best ride that we all are offered; Life!

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/mach-1-mustang-returns-2017-shelby-gt350-2016-135914019.html

There’s a lot to consider when thinking about the upcoming 2015 Ford Mustang. It’s going to have a four-cylinder under the hood, it’s going to have a brand new set of lines, there won’t be a Shelby GT500, and now the Mach 1 nameplate is set to make a comeback, along with a factory-built Shelby GT350. That’s a whole lotta Mustang to take in.

The boys at Mustangs Daily tell us that both the GT350 and Mach 1 will be sitting pretty in the lineup come the 2016 and 2017 model years. This marks the first time the GT350 moniker will be built from a Ford factory since the late 60s, and the Mach 1 returning for the first time in over a decade (2003-2004).

Details on both of these projects are pretty much non-existent at this point (at least not for the general public), but we don’t doubt that both cars should put out some sexy power figures. And look their respective parts as well.

I am a huge Mach 1 fan so can't understand why they're waiting until 2017?? A Mach 1 should be an every year option just like 69-73. I'd rather have Mach 1 badging than GT any day

You're right 39, since they have the engines, Coyote, Roadrunner, and 5.8, right now to max out a Mach 1 in many different ways, you gotta wonder why wait. Unless they are concerned about what the 2015 will look like and how it will fall on people for sales?

Not to hickjack the thread.......but if you REALLY wanna feel let out in the cold in the world of Shelby autos, try a Shelby turbocharged vehicle from 83 to 90. You'll develope a thick skin to such things.

Thanks to SDAC, and many years later TS, I no longer felt as though I was the B child of Shelby Automobiles.

My hobby has been dropped by Mopar and by Shelby Enterprises. Only private company's dedicated to Carroll's vision kept these cars running (that and salvage yards, which have dried up mostly).

It's not so bad though...I kinda like earning my keep the hard way as I feel most SDA owners do.

Not to hickjack the thread.......but if you REALLY wanna feel let out in the cold in the world of Shelby autos, try a Shelby turbocharged vehicle from 83 to 90. You'll develope a thick skin to such things.

Thanks to SDAC, and many years later TS, I no longer felt as though I was the B child of Shelby Automobiles.

My hobby has been dropped by Mopar and by Shelby Enterprises. Only private company's dedicated to Carroll's vision kept these cars running (that and salvage yards, which have dried up mostly).

It's not so bad though...I kinda like earning my keep the hard way as I feel most SDA owners do.

You have a good point, and I was thinking about this the other day when I saw this one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-shelby-csx-t-shelby-museum-private-collection-car-475-/221245416344?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3383412398#ht_500wt_1021

Really great bargains to get into a Shelby, but not appreciated by all, but each person has to like and have pride in their rides, and these are really rare these days. I'd like to see more at the shows.

Thanks for the insights guys, just getting to know TS after several decades at SAAC and MCA. I will try to attend some events with either the '68 or '13 or maybe both if close to home where I can drive, I would never trailer my cars. But I guess I should avoid the Southern Plains Region...... :victory:

If you are gonna point out to other Shelby owners how your car is more Shelby than theirs, then yeah, that shit won't fly in Texas.

If you are looking to have fun at an event and really see what your car can do, whether it be a cruise by Carroll's home in East Texas, a true test of skill on the Circuit of the Americas F1 track, or one of the few that get to attend Terlingua, I don't often hear complaints. Your own regional director seems to enjoy my company from time to time.

Mike, Its less that Im an asshole, and more that I have got to the point that I refuse to put up with those that would wish to piss on my Cheerios. Their MY Cheerios, and I like them with WHOLE milk, zero piss. If you can abide by that, we won't have problems. I used to be the peace maker here, but some dick named CobraScotty changed the way I see forums forever.

Some of those Shelby's are a lot quicker than they first appear! It's always a pleasure to see them at the Bash!

If you are gonna point out to other Shelby owners how your car is more Shelby than theirs, then yeah, that shit won't fly in Texas.

If you are looking to have fun at an event and really see what your car can do, whether it be a cruise by Carroll's home in East Texas, a true test of skill on the Circuit of the Americas F1 track, or one of the few that get to attend Terlingua, I don't often hear complaints. Your own regional director seems to enjoy my company from time to time.

Mike, Its less that Im an asshole, and more that I have got to the point that I refuse to put up with those that would wish to piss on my Cheerios. Their MY Cheerios, and I like them with WHOLE milk, zero piss. If you can abide by that, we won't have problems. I used to be the peace maker here, but some dick named CobraScotty changed the way I see forums forever.

I was kidding, I spent much of my life (40+ years) in Houston (oil, gas, drilling, gas processing, gas pipelines, refineries, etc.), my kids are Texans, and I have even signed up for a Hill Country Vintage road tour in November with my old KR. My venues in Houston were all MCA, always made the Lone Star Nationals with my previous Mustangs and Shelbys. I have to apologize for anything I said that would be taken as disparaging your car, I know cars are like family to some people, and in my old age I get too blunt or come off that way on these impersonal TDBs. I was not trying to imply some cars are "better" than others, just looking at my personal views of distinctions among them, sorry if it sounded judgmental or derogatory, didn't mean it that way at all. Having a '68 Shelby, I know about some who would put that car way back in the Shelby pecking order too, since CS was starting to lose interest and the cars were made in New Jersey (New Jersey!!!!). Don't want to do that to the new ones, or any for that matter. I'm not a track guy, well I do track my ZR1, and may the GT350 when it gets broken in some and I can feel comfortable with it, but I enjoy cruises, shows, and camaraderie, which is why I belong to so many car clubs. I will try to be a good Team Shelby member and attend as many events as I can. Cheers!

Thanks for letting your guard down and opening up Mike. It's been touched on in a previous post, but TS guys have nothing but appreciation for the originals, and being able to have a Shelby in our purchasing range that we can drive like mad too is just an amazing thing to be a part of. Internet arguing seldom works out for anyone, but I just can't stay out of it for some reason. I hope you do make it to an event, and if you want to have some fun in the 350, northern plains is having their Ponies On the Plains in September in Nebraska. As a previous GT350 owner, Incan tell you there are not many vehicles of any make that can keep up with it on a road course! Drive it like you stole it, and if you see me at an event, you'll understand why Im so passionate about Team Shelby.

Thanks! I will have to spend some time with the TS events near me (or not so near if I take the new one) and my schedule. One would think retirement frees up lots of time, and it does, but since cars are my primary occupation now, so many events and so little time. Cheers!

Archived