TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Upgrades (23 June 13)

robertlane

You should be experiencing a faster and smoother operating Team Shelby forum today.

As you might have already noticed, some features of Team Shelby have been disabled, however, these features will be back online soon. Sometime during this evening, you will find Team Shelby unreachable as we bring more features back online. Before we conduct further transitions, we'll post a notice on the front of the page giving warning of this notice.

Hey, the quote function is not working! Ha, ha, just kidding. Just wanted to bug you so your Monday morning will be complete. Hope you and your family are doing great. Just wanted to comment that your daughter is really cute. Good job! Enjoy them while they are little. My little ones are now 9 and 11. They grow up so fast!. You and Sharon are doing a fine job for TS and is appreciated. Thank you.

Annoying use of space again. I hope preferences got reset, but a long time ago I got rid of the shout box and the two full pages of pictures I've seen a thousand times: two full rows of "garage shots", two full rows of Board Videos and a full row of "recent gallery images". When I open the forum page I just want to see the forum list starting at "team shelby community". it's OK, but it is just repetitive and uninteresting.

I'd also like to get rid of the right column since again it's static and unchanging.

Not everyone has a full sized HD display or is willing to give the full display to a browser window... Think about what it looks like for a portrait display (taller than narrow).

Annoying use of space again. I hope preferences got reset, but a long time ago I got rid of the shout box and the two full pages of pictures I've seen a thousand times: two full rows of "garage shots", two full rows of Board Videos and a full row of "recent gallery images". When I open the forum page I just want to see the forum list starting at "team shelby community". it's OK, but it is just repetitive and uninteresting.

I'd also like to get rid of the right column since again it's static and unchanging.

Not everyone has a full sized HD display or is willing to give the full display to a browser window... Think about what it looks like for a portrait display (taller than narrow).

Agreed. Let me remove on of the rows of images. I'll see if I can get the right column to able to toggle open/close.

Nice job Robert. Site is moving much faster and no errors. Having to edit my reply settings for font size every time I reply is still a nuisance. Am I doing something to cause this?

On the reply box, do you see a little light switch in the open left corner. That should be on so that the full editor shows. Let me know if you can see all icons (lit up).

Robert,

Prior to the upgrade, the "dots" and "stars" on the left side of topics when clicked would take you to the next unread post, and it still does. But when you have finished reading the new material and return to unread threads/posts, neither the dots or stars extinguish like they did before (unless you log off and then log back on), which makes following a topic more difficult.

On the reply box, do you see a little light switch in the open left corner. That should be on so that the full editor shows. Let me know if you can see all icons (lit up).

The site is sreaming along Robert nice job, and again Thank you!!!

I have noticed like Roblectric when I go to reply to a topic it seems like I have to set the font color to automatic everytime, or else nothing shows when I type.... I'll try to figure out what is going on. The "light switch" is on so all icons show.

Thanks again.

Robert,

Prior to the upgrade, the "dots" and "stars" on the left side of topics when clicked would take you to the next unread post, and it still does. But when you have finished reading the new material and return to unread threads/posts, neither the dots or stars extinguish like they did before (unless you log off and then log back on), which makes following a topic more difficult.

I have this issue once and a while and all I do is refresh the browser and the dot goes off.

Nice job Robert. Site is moving much faster and no errors. Having to edit my reply settings for font size every time I reply is still a nuisance. Am I doing something to cause this?

Rob, are you running internet explorer 10? My home CPU had auto updated to it when it was first released and it didn't work with the TS site very well. The first thing I noticed was when replying to someones post, when/if I hit return to go down a line it didn't work, then I noticed issues with the font size like you are experiencing. I fist tried the compatability mode, but that didn't help, I wound up uninstalling ie 10 and went back to 9, problems solved. IE10 is designed to work with windows 8 and not much else yet.

I personally run Firefox only.

I will look into other issues that I have noticed to. It seems that once an upgrade is completed, many mods return back to a standard install - very frustrating.

Another one: some user groups cannot rate a topic or see who likes a certain post.

The problem I reported several months ago about the mcafee site advisor blacklist is still happening. The only it will go away is for the site owner to log it with mcafee. It's a mcafee maintained blacklist that corporate sites query so I can't get my it department to do anything g

To those experiencing problems, are you using I.E.?

Yes IE.

When using the back button it takes you to the top of the page instead of your previous position.

Also Avatars are compacted to like a 1/16" wide on the main page. I'll post a screen shot.

I've also experienced the small font when replying to a message.

Steve

I have this issue once and a while and all I do is refresh the browser and the dot goes off.

Rob, are you running internet explorer 10? My home CPU had auto updated to it when it was first released and it didn't work with the TS site very well. The first thing I noticed was when replying to someones post, when/if I hit return to go down a line it didn't work, then I noticed issues with the font size like you are experiencing. I fist tried the compatability mode, but that didn't help, I wound up uninstalling ie 10 and went back to 9, problems solved. IE10 is designed to work with windows 8 and not much else yet.

Yes, running IE10. Not a deal breaker , just a nuisance.

Yes IE.

When using the back button it takes you to the top of the page instead of your previous position.

Also Avatars are compacted to like a 1/16" wide on the main page. I'll post a screen shot.

I've also experienced the small font when replying to a message.

Steve

^^ Yes, all of these here too...

I'm willing to bet that the majority of people that are experiencing these issues are running ie 10. It needs a lot of fixing for people running windows 7. Like I said even compatibility mode doesn't work well, it was desined t work with windows 8 and the touch screen set up for it. Best bet is to uninstall the update and go back to ie 9. it's easily done

Archived