TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 vs 2014 GT500

Gabed1972

I stand corrected. I thought the 11 or 12 was the last car he had that much input in.

That video is bittersweet. It brought a smile to my face seeing Carroll get to ride in it and jazzed about it, but it brought sadness to me seeing Carroll in that condition.

Anyone know approx. what date that is? It couldn't be too early, being a '13 car and all.

Phill

SVT says mid October 2011

"...Carroll Shelby himself is coming out here... He has been with us through the whole process of the vehicle's (2013-14 GT500) development..." spoken by Lead Development Engineer Gene Martindale.

"...the whole process of (its) development..." Not sure why some here doubt that. His name is on the car and he was still alive- he would be there- he seemed to be a hands-on type of guy, and because he was older and getting feeble I'm sure he appreciated much more the productive time he had in the hours of his day.

Phill,

It depends upon what your definition of 'touched' it is, but it sure looks like he touched it several times to me. And if you have any doubt about his touching the 2013 GT500 during its development, he certainly had his butt in it. B)

Awesome video thanks for posting this..... :rockon:

If you order a 14 and opt for the Raceros, there is a rub plate for the shoulder belt.

Do you have a pic?

idle-hour was kind enough to point me at several web listings of GT500s for sale that include pictures of the rub plate he mentioned. I've attached examples here. Interestingly, the feature seems to be on most (all?) 2014 Recaro-equipped verts, but I only saw it on one coupe. I don't remember it being an option in 2013 and I can't recall seeing it on any of them either.

post-38053-0-05766000-1379230808_thumb.jpg

post-38053-0-27418100-1379230813_thumb.jpg

post-38053-0-25669600-1379230818_thumb.jpg

post-38053-0-05766000-1379230808_thumb.jpg

post-38053-0-27418100-1379230813_thumb.jpg

post-38053-0-25669600-1379230818_thumb.jpg

idle-hour was kind enough to point me at several web listings of GT500s for sale that include pictures of the rub plate he mentioned. I've attached examples here. Interestingly, the feature seems to be on most (all?) 2014 Recaro-equipped verts, but I only saw it on one coupe. I don't remember it being an option in 2013 and I can't recall seeing it on any of them either.

Don't see that on my 13 vert. Well 14 owners you know wat this means!!! less weight on the 13s means thay are Faster than the the 14s. You can't agrue with Physics.

Strange...my August '13 built car doesn't have the rub plate....So, I guess it's one of those rare rub plate delete cars which weigh less and must be faster than all the rest of the 14's. :yahoo: But seriously, I wonder why mines not there....

Was the TSB for the top? - my brand new top is just starting to show wear again - even though the installer said they "adjusted" the stops.

Thanks.

There is a new TSB published 8/29/13 on the Vert top problem.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/82366-tsb-13-8-12-2005-2014-mustang-convertible-top/?do=findComment&comment=1469150

Don't see that on my 13 vert. Well 14 owners you know wat this means!!! less weight on the 13s means thay are Faster than the the 14s. You can't agrue with Physics.

Strange...my August '13 built car doesn't have the rub plate....So, I guess it's one of those rare rub plate delete cars which weigh less and must be faster than all the rest of the 14's. :yahoo: But seriously, I wonder why mines not there....

:hysterical2:

Seriously speaking, I wonder if Ford has any listing for "replacements" parts...? (Tousley's site only goes up to the 2013 MY.)

• 2 weeks later...

I have an April 5 13 built 14 and I do not have the rub plate,hmmm how was that missed

I just looked at a '14 sitting on the dealer showroom floor with Recaro's and it didn't have a rub plate either.

Phill

Will there be a new Shelby in your garage?

Nooooooooo. Well, not yet.

I keep saying that and I'm really tempted (I'm a big time impulse buyer) but every time I go into the dealership entertaining the thought of a trade/buy, the dealership peeps talk me out of it. The only real advantage the '13/'14 has over my '10 is the electronic widgets such as the dual mode adjustable Bilstiens, LC, etc.

There's a red '14 sitting on the floor and I was scoping it out the other day when I had my Raptor in for a oil change, that's all.

Phill

Weird, my '14 has it.

Im a bit like you phill. I had mine in today, and even I couldn't resist walking around the new raptor, explorer sport, all the mustangs, he'll, even the focus ST.

I do love the '14 gt500 so much more. Don't test drive it. You have been warned!

Im a bit like you phill. I had mine in today, and even I couldn't resist walking around the new raptor, explorer sport, all the mustangs, he'll, even the focus ST.

If you haven't noticed, *most* dealerships have their Service waiting area either *in* the new car sales area or *through* the new car sales area.

There's a reason behind that logic.

Phill

I keep saying that and I'm really tempted (I'm a big time impulse buyer) but every time I go into the dealership entertaining the thought of a trade/buy, the dealership peeps talk me out of it. The only real advantage the '13/'14 has over my '10 is the electronic widgets such as the dual mode adjustable Bilstiens, LC, etc.

There's a red '14 sitting on the floor and I was scoping it out the other day when I had my Raptor in for a oil change, that's all.

Phill

Hey Phill just don't talk just pull out the bank book and tell the dealer peeps to keep their mouths shut!!....... :hysterical:

Phill

LC is an absolute hoot! Done a couple of LC launches from a country stop sign and the control and accel are incredible!

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-38053-0-25669600-1379230818_thumb.j
  • post-38053-0-27418100-1379230813_thumb.j
  • post-38053-0-05766000-1379230808_thumb.j

Here is a May built 2014 Coupe without belt guide.

IMG_1422_zps2b409c24.jpg

IMG_1421_zpse5481448.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My 2014 has been back to the dealer at least FIVE times. They cannot get the rearend from whining. It started the next morning after I picked up the car the afternoon before. First time they said it was an "exhaust noise" second time "I was afraid to drive the car it was so noisy I wasn't sure it would make it back to the dealership." replaced diff & bearing. I picked it up got one block away still whining. Then they replaced ring & pinion and more bearings. Quiet for a little while. With 1,300 miles it is sitting again at the dealership, still whinning. I believe they have had the car in the service department at least eight weeks in total. Never got a loaner car or anything. At least I got old faithfull, 1965 Shelby she runs real good, no whining.

Totally different subject does anyone know the production figures of 2013 & 2014 Shelby GT500. I heard the conv't production stopped in August 2013.

Totally different subject does anyone know the production figures of 2013 & 2014 Shelby GT500. I heard the conv't production stopped in August 2013.

2013 had 4077 coupes. Don't remember the 2013 verts but less than 900. The 2013 production spreadsheet is on this forum in a previous post. 2014 still in production...

2013 had 4077 coupes. Don't remember the 2013 verts but less than 900. The 2013 production spreadsheet is on this forum in a previous post. 2014 still in production...

x2 on the 4077 coupes in 2013 MY and 2014 MY numbers remaining in flux because production is ongoing.

According to the data sheet I received with my car's Ford Performance Group certificate, there were 808 convertibles produced in the 2013 MY.

My 2014 has been back to the dealer at least FIVE times. They cannot get the rearend from whining. It started the next morning after I picked up the car the afternoon before. First time they said it was an "exhaust noise" second time "I was afraid to drive the car it was so noisy I wasn't sure it would make it back to the dealership." replaced diff & bearing. I picked it up got one block away still whining. Then they replaced ring & pinion and more bearings. Quiet for a little while. With 1,300 miles it is sitting again at the dealership, still whinning. I believe they have had the car in the service department at least eight weeks in total. Never got a loaner car or anything. At least I got old faithfull, 1965 Shelby she runs real good, no whining.

Do your self a huge Favor, Just buy a Ford Racing 3.73 Gear Boss rear end, it is complete form end to end, your will love the gears much better, and your whine will be gone!

• 3 weeks later...

hey does anybody know when the mpg went in the insterment cluster i seen it on a 2014 pic was that available on the 2013 and 2012 just wondering it was kind of neat thanks for any input on this your forums rock bye robbie :victory:

hey does anybody know when the mpg went in the insterment cluster i seen it on a 2014 pic was that available on the 2013 and 2012 just wondering it was kind of neat thanks for any input on this your forums rock bye robbie :victory:

I can't speak for the 2012, but it IS present in the 2013 instrument cluster. (Note that mine consistently reads about 10% lower than manually calculating the mileage.)

I have it in my 2010 and I think that was the first year but not SURE.

Phill

• 3 months later...

Phill,

It depends upon what your definition of 'touched' it is, but it sure looks like he touched it several times to me. And if you have any doubt about his touching the 2013 GT500 during its development, he certainly had his butt in it. B)

He alone makes you proud to own one of these cars

Archived