TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 vs 2014 GT500

Gabed1972

I was wondering what other people on the forum think about the differences between the 2013 and 2014 Shelby 500.

I'm looking to buy either a 13 or 14 gt500 Convertible and was wondering if there were any improvements made to the 14s.

Any issues people are experiencing with the 2013?

Some people think the 2013's someday will be worth more money because it's the 20th anniversary edition and last year Carroll Shelby was involved with he car?

They are virtually the same car mechanically, only minor cosmetic changes are done to the package - i.e. gloss stripes, Cobra logo on the instrument cluster, color changes, etc. Of course buying a 13 now just means you paid the same amount for a car that's already depreciated a full year more. I have 3 cars incoming and 2 allocations left and would be happy to help you get the EXACT car you want.

That's the hardest question of all... production is starting to wrap up, but as one of the largest SVT dealers we still have some options. I have three cars on their way in the next two-three weeks: I have a Ruby Red/Black stripe, a DSG/Stripe Delete, an Ingot/White Stripe and a Triple Black vert. I have two more allocations I'm about to order as well. I was planning on a Grabber/White vert and probably another White/Blue Stripe. Allocation cars could take as long as a few months. I wouldn't promise you it any sooner and feel good about myself. My triple black took two months longer than I anticipated, and I was watching it on the rail all the way in. Better to have a call from the dealer telling you to come pick it up.... :happy feet:

No problems with my '13. I doubt when you go to sell the car that it will have any more value because of the 20th Anniversary, or because Carroll Shelby died after it was in production. The fact that it is one model year older will trump those things.

Grenaded the diff at 800 miles - Ford replaced the ring, pinion and all bearings. Headliner in the convertible started to separate and wear spots on the outside of the top (rubbing on frame when the top was down) - Ford replaced the entire top at about 2800 miles. Mine is a '13.

Grenaded the diff at 800 miles - Ford replaced the ring, pinion and all bearings. Headliner in the convertible started to separate and wear spots on the outside of the top (rubbing on frame when the top was down) - Ford replaced the entire top at about 2800 miles. Mine is a '13.

I went through that on my '08. They had a TSB back then. I have 6300 miles on my 'vert and it's just starting to do the same thing.

I went through that on my '08. They had a TSB back then. I have 6300 miles on my 'vert and it's just starting to do the same thing.

Was the TSB for the top? - my brand new top is just starting to show wear again - even though the installer said they "adjusted" the stops.

Thanks.

Has anyone had problems with the 13?

I haven't seen or heard about any 'real' problems. There is the driveshaft label that comes loose and makes a terrible flapping sound that scares the sheet out of new owners but that's a easy fix...Tear the label off!

I've heard of 2 rear (R&P) gears going out, but that can happen on any car and 2 certainly isn't something to be alarmed about.

Other than that, nothing I can remember/recall.

Phill

• 4 weeks later...

Launch control range is different in 2014 from what I've heard. 2013 allows 2500-5200, whereas 2014 allows 3000-4500 (as far as I've heard). I like the wider range in the 2013. Conspiracy theories might suggest 3000 rpm is less conducive to street racing ;-)

Was the TSB for the top? - my brand new top is just starting to show wear again - even though the installer said they "adjusted" the stops.

Thanks.

Sorry to take so long to answer you back. The TSB was for the top on the '07's and '08's. The '09's had the new designed top. I forget what the TSB number was; but, I don't think you'll have to look too hard to find. Thanks for the trunk mat BTW.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the standard seat's in mine and like them much better since I have lower back and upper neck injury. You won't be disappointed at all with the standard seats.

I also have major back/neck/spine problems. 6 Lumbar surgeries and 1 Cervical surgery (w/fusions on multiple levels) so we're in the same boat.

I've sat in the Recaro seats in a static car and they felt real good. I figured they'd be hard/stiff like the Roush seats but they were *very* comfortable for me.

In fairness, I didn't sit in it long so no telling how they'd feel after a extended drive.

I have to lean my "standard" seat WAYYYY back, not quite reclining but damn near. I CAN'T sit in a 90d position pretty much at all and I'm not sure if the Recaro's will lean back that far or not (and lock into position). Contrary to what someone on this fourm previously said they *do* lean back (that I know for sure) unlike the aftermarket "racing seats" I've seen advertised.

If I could find a cheap set, I'd put them in my car in a second.

Cheap and Recaro don't seem to go together though.

Phill

null_zps49f5c078.jpg

I don't see what you're talking about.

If you mean that arm in the pic, that's been there since at LEAST 2010

My '10 GT500 cpe. has that with "standard" seats in it.

Phill

I seriously doubt he 'touched' it. Not a '13. I kind of doubt he had much input into it either. I think the last I heard he was consulted on was the '10 or '11, and that was the placement of the Cobra (from left side to right side).

What most people don't know or realize is that Shelby was in really bad shape for a long time prior to his death.

I know people don't like to hear that, but that's a fact.

Phill

I don't see what you're talking about.

If you mean that arm in the pic, that's been there since at LEAST 2010

My '10 GT500 cpe. has that with "standard" seats in it.

Phill

I have no clue I was trying to help with a pic of the belt.

I seriously doubt he 'touched' it. Not a '13. I kind of doubt he had much input into it either. I think the last I heard he was consulted on was the '10 or '11, and that was the placement of the Cobra (from left side to right side).

What most people don't know or realize is that Shelby was in really bad shape for a long time prior to his death.

I know people don't like to hear that, but that's a fact.

Phill

Phill,

It depends upon what your definition of 'touched' it is, but it sure looks like he touched it several times to me. And if you have any doubt about his touching the 2013 GT500 during its development, he certainly had his butt in it. B)

Phill,

It depends upon what your definition of 'touched' it is, but it sure looks like he touched it several times to me. And if you have any doubt about his touching the 2013 GT500 during its development, he certainly had his butt in it. B)

I stand corrected. I thought the 11 or 12 was the last car he had that much input in.

That video is bittersweet. It brought a smile to my face seeing Carroll get to ride in it and jazzed about it, but it brought sadness to me seeing Carroll in that condition.

Anyone know approx. what date that is? It couldn't be too early, being a '13 car and all.

Phill

Archived