TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spec Super Twin Vibration

soniam

2007 GT500 factory clutch was slipping. Had a new Spec Super Twin clutch installed. Now I have a very unfortunate vibration on deceleration. It seems to be worse at higher speeds.

Took the car back to the install technician and he told me it's normal for that clutch. He called it torque down. I'm not buying the story.

Is there anyone out there with a Super Twin clutch with the same issues or is the story a load of bunk? The vibration is not constant and rarely happens on acceleration. In 6th at around 2000rpm, it seems smooth. If I shift down to 5th and decelerate, the whole car shakes. If I depress the clutch pedal, it all goes away.

Look forward to hearing from you guys and gals.

soniam

I put the SuperTwin p-trim on a few years back. I believe the vibration is due more to the aluminum flywheel that goes with it. This is a higher performing setup - and the flywheel provides less rotational weight and better response. However, I feel the stock iron flywheel also provides for an additional dampening quality. I also had some unwanted vibration with the Spec - switched back to stock and it was gone.

Thanks GT500FLYBOY. I'll now wait and see how many others respond. I've also ask SPEC technical to respond.

I know Shelby Performance Parts sells the same clutch, be curious to see if anything comes back from them as well.

SUre nice to hear I'm not alone. Question will be, what to do about it.

Archived