TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Racing car hauler for my GT500

2010KonaBlueGT

I've been trying to get my car hauler ready for all of the summer events I want to attend. My back isn't cooperating but I am progressing....

Phill

post-26522-0-80945200-1371763471_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-80945200-1371763471_thumb.jpg

My back isn't cooperating but I am progressing....

Phill

Phill - Have you tried an inversion table? I've got a ruptured disc and purchased one of these about three years ago. After only a few weeks of consistent use, I noticed a huge difference. Prior, I could not race my mountain bike without pain in my lower back. These days its no longer an issue and I'm racing competitively again (as long as I stay away from golf... the torque of the golf swing will reek havoc on your back). Everyone I have recommended this to has had improvement as well. Check it out: https://www.teetertv.com/?x=bcb

Yeah, cool idea, but seeing Shelby's name on a chevy made me throw up in my mouth just a little bit.

I do agree with you on this one! It could have at least been a Dodge.

SO, you plan to pull the Bed off and put it on an F350 or F450........Right?

Oh, GAWD NO...GACK!

Why would I want to do something stupid like THAT? I want to get to my destination AND BACK, not get stuck on the side of the road, dead.

I'm going one step BETTER. I'm removing the "Bow Tie" from the front grille and replacing it with a Blue Oval.

Was the famous "Shelby Cobra Hauler" a Ford? Not just 'no', but HELL NO!!!

Phill

Oh, GAWD NO...GACK!

<snip>

To wit;

And a FIAT no less.....

Phill

post-26522-0-66783800-1371840410_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-66783800-1371840410_thumb.jpg

Yeah, all the trucks were Fords, with the exception of the big rig touring the GT350, Cobra, Daytona and the Ford GT ; It was an early model Cabover Mack truck.

Oh, GAWD NO...GACK!

Why would I want to do something stupid like THAT? I want to get to my destination AND BACK, not get stuck on the side of the road, dead.

I'm going one step BETTER. I'm removing the "Bow Tie" from the front grille and replacing it with a Blue Oval.

Phill

Maybe you're being funny or I dont know you well enough, but given that response I'm surprised you bought a Ford Mustang at all? Seems you would have bought a corvette.

For some reason I'm not being allowed to use the "Quote" function and my copy/paste function won't work either, so pardon the "old style" quoting method:

Torch 40 wrote:

> I have a Chevy truck, it's not big deal but..... You sure are going to have to willing to take some sheet.

Which is why I'm going to put a Ford Blue Oval grille emblem in place of the Chevy Bow Tie!

My bet is that a good 90-95% of the people out there won't recognize it as a Chevy, and will think it's a Ford unless I open the hood. And then only about 50% will realize it's a Chevy.

Personally, I believe the old "Ford vs. Chevy" (Or Mopar, or whatever) bullshit is just that, immature High School-ish bullshit. Apparently there are still some kids that haven't grown up and prove that you can take the 'boy' out of High School but you can't take the High School out of 'the boy'. You sure can tell the TRUE "Car Guys" around her from the little childish little Fan-boys when you see talk like this.

Carroll Shelby would be rolling over in his grave, if he had one. He was the epitome of a "Car Guy". If it's had 4 wheels and an engine, he was "all in". Personally, I could care less if it's a Ford, a Chevy/GM, a Mopar, or a freaking Nissan. I'd say I grew out of that in Grade School but that would be a lie...I never held that position ("Brand A" is better than "Brand B").

I bought a Mustang over a Camaro because I didn't like how the Camaro LOOKED and I liked how the Mustang LOOKED. Period. I've owned many different brands of vehicles over time and not ONE of them was purchased because it was a Chevy, or a Ford, or a Dodge, or a Plymouth, or...

When the Camaro first came out I had ever intention of buying one. I saw one, didn't like it at all. Saw a 2010 Roush 427R and it was all over. That car reached out, grabbed me by the shorthairs and sucked me in. THAT'S what lures me to a particular car, not the Logo on the hood/tail end.

Phill

For some reason I'm not being allowed to use the "Quote" function and my copy/paste function won't work either, so pardon the "old style" quoting method:

Torch 40 wrote:

> I have a Chevy truck, it's not big deal but..... You sure are going to have to willing to take some sheet.

Which is why I'm going to put a Ford Blue Oval grille emblem in place of the Chevy Bow Tie!

My bet is that a good 90-95% of the people out there won't recognize it as a Chevy, and will think it's a Ford unless I open the hood. And then only about 50% will realize it's a Chevy. I will take this Bet. 90% of the People at a Mustang / Shelby/ Ford Show WILL know it is a Chevy. The Body Lines will tell them that as well as the Grill no matter what Emblem it has on it.

Personally, I believe the old "Ford vs. Chevy" (Or Mopar, or whatever) bullshit is just that, immature High School-ish bullshit. Apparently there are still some kids that haven't grown up and prove that you can take the 'boy' out of High School but you can't take the High School out of 'the boy'. You sure can tell the TRUE "Car Guys" around her from the little childish little Fan-boys when you see talk like this. I am one of the MOST Truest Car Guys on this Planet after owning over 200 Cars (customizing 98% of them) of most Makes but most have been Mustangs. And YES, I have owned many Chevys (Trucks, Camaro's, Impala's) and FORD will ALWAYS kick Ass (and I'm NOT in High School)

Carroll Shelby would be rolling over in his grave, if he had one. He was the epitome of a "Car Guy". If it's had 4 wheels and an engine, he was "all in". Personally, I could care less if it's a Ford, a Chevy/GM, a Mopar, or a freaking Nissan. I'd say I grew out of that in Grade School but that would be a lie...I never held that position ("Brand A" is better than "Brand B"). Uhhhh, Sorry but, NO, Carroll Shelby would NOT be rolling in his Grave (if he had one), he wouldn't put a Ford Emblem on a Chevy and I would put a Shelby Decal on one either.

I bought a Mustang over a Camaro because I didn't like how the Camaro LOOKED and I liked how the Mustang LOOKED. Period. I've owned many different brands of vehicles over time and not ONE of them was purchased because it was a Chevy, or a Ford, or a Dodge, or a Plymouth, or...

When the Camaro first came out I had ever intention of buying one. I saw one, didn't like it at all. Saw a 2010 Roush 427R and it was all over. That car reached out, grabbed me by the shorthairs and sucked me in. THAT'S what lures me to a particular car, not the Logo on the hood/tail end. I like the NEW Camaro's Looks but, I will never ever buy one.

Phill

It is a Nice Car Hauler, I am just not a Fan of putting a Ford Emblem or Shelby Graphics on a Chevy.

tesgt350,

Are you having problems with the "Quote" feature too? (it appears you are by the way you replied).

I rebooted my computer and I still can't use it.

Phill

Phill,

I suggest a "Terlingua Racing Team " decal on the front fenders , a Ford oval grille ornament , and a taller antenna ! :hysterical2: Other than that maybe get some chrome front wheel covers and a track car on the back ( not some garage queen ) :hysterical3::drop: Once again - JMO :hysterical:

Phill,

I suggest a "Terlingua Racing Team " decal on the front fenders , a Ford oval grille ornament , and a taller antenna ! :hysterical2: Other than that maybe get some chrome front wheel covers and a track car on the back ( not some garage queen ) :hysterical3::drop: Once again - JMO :hysterical:

Here's the perfect car to haul. B)

shelbycamaro_zps817326ff.jpg

Here's the perfect car to haul. B)

shelbycamaro_zps817326ff.jpg

Or how about a Harley-Davidson....MOTORCYCLE, with Shelby graphics on it?

Ironically, or hypacriticaly, the same guy that is saying it's not right to put Shelby graphics on a car other than a Ford (even though Shelby was on a British sports car, a Dodge (Mitsubishi) truck, a Dodge GLHS, a Dodge Viper (etc.)) but he puts them on a MOTORCYCLE and has no problem with that.

Oh, and BTW, I had a '67 Camaro that Shelby sold me a Turbo kit for. Yeah, a Shelby Turbo kit (AND graphics) on a CHEVROLET CAMARO...Produced and sold by Shelby himself.

BWAAAHAAHAAAAAA!

Phill

Phill,

I'm still trying to figure out the "antenna" part......

And it's headed to the TRACK this next Friday. Again.

Phill

I'd tell you how, but it would have to be cleared through Robert or Steve and I don't think they would let me give out that info. Maybe I should stay on relevant GT sites - what do you think Phill ?

I'd tell you how, but it would have to be cleared through Robert or Steve and I don't think they would let me give out that info. Maybe I should stay on relevant GT sites - what do you think Phill ?

Now I'm totally lost.....

Phill

Ohhh, okay. I found what you're talking about Wayne. Apparently Wayne is butt-hurt because I sided with Robert and his unwillingness to kowtow to Wayne in another thread.

To use YOUR own words, Wayne:

"Trying to build up your post numbers (Wayne)? Get a life or do it on a GT question."

Grow up, little boy...

Phill

I'm still trying to figure out the "antenna" part......

And it's headed to the TRACK this next Friday. Again.

Phill

Phill,

It's not only Mustangs but any Ford seems to have an extra long antenna ( why they did this I don't know ) but, my reference was if you want it to look like a Ford you should put on a blue oval grille emblem and a taller antenna . So you're going to the track - picking up or dropping off ? :hysterical:

Archived