TEAM SHELBY FORUM

EEEKKK!!!! GT350 going to Ford

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

old news... GREAT to have Mach 1 coming back!!! I may be the ONLY one to say I'd choose a Mach 1 over a Shelby every day and that's because I grew up in a Mach 1 and still have my Dad's car which is almost done so cannot wait. Now our Mach 1 only had the 351C 2v but recently put a 393ci Scat stroker kit with Edelbrock heads and dynode at 530hp and 526lbs of torq and keep in mind I had him detune the engine to be more streetable as first dynode at 586hp! oh yea

I'm saying great to have Mach 1 back but keep in mind we don't know what FORD is doing to the Mustang I mean if its a Fusion hybrid looking thing they can keep it

I also grew up with a 1970 Mach 1 and a 1973 (not my favorite) and really enjoyed the cars but I have to say the 1969 GT500 my brother had was a lot more enjoyable than either but "to each their own".

Well I couldn't afford a Shelby or Mach 1, nor could any of my relatives, growing up in the '60s and '70s. So I had to wait until I was in my late 40s, but by then the Mach was not the preferred classic muscle car for me, the '60s Shelby was what I wanted by then.

That's a good question, or the value of any of the current run of GT350s. I am assuming Ford will do a hi-volume, mass production, cookie cutter approach to their GT350, so they can sell it for under $45K or so. Not sure that will help the current ones that cost twice as much, or more, in the future. But, remember, this will be the "new" Mustang, which could look like a two door Focus or some other Euro-style type thing. Probably won't hurt current values much.

That's a good question, or the value of any of the current run of GT350s. I am assuming Ford will do a hi-volume, mass production, cookie cutter approach to their GT350, so they can sell it for under $45K or so. Not sure that will help the current ones that cost twice as much, or more, in the future. But, remember, this will be the "new" Mustang, which could look like a two door Focus or some other Euro-style type thing. Probably won't hurt current values much.

I hope you are right...but who cares I'm having a blast with my car now. :happy feet:

Remember how Ford slapped the GT350 name on the 20th Anniversary Mustang. Lipstick on a pig! With no post title Shelby Mustang program anymore, it looks like there will only be performance shop work. No GT500 means no Shelby 1000 or Super Snake upgrades except for older cars.

Remember how Ford slapped the GT350 name on the 20th Anniversary Mustang. Lipstick on a pig! With no post title Shelby Mustang program anymore, it looks like there will only be performance shop work. No GT500 means no Shelby 1000 or Super Snake upgrades except for older cars.

What makes you say there will be no post title Shelby Mustang program? No reason why the GTS can't continue. Or upgrades to the GT350.

Several conversations I've had with Ford led me to believe this would be their course, I wouldn't have called it a prediction. It was based on solid info... and while I don't have any direct knowledge of SA's plans, the logical conclusion would be, as I stated before several months ago, they would build the post-titled GT500 on whatever platform SVT produces on the retooled niche line. Just our guess here... nothing more. But, we're 3 for 3 so far....

And history will repeat itself again. Ford will have gone through all the nostalgia names of the muscle years with Boss, Bullet, GT500, GT350, Mach I, etc. All that will be left is Mustang II. You remember that non-performance, modified Pinto that was Ford's answer to the oil embargo of the 40 years ago when gas reached a dollar a gallon at the pump. OMG! So after the great 50th anniversary celebrations of the Mustang we can look forward maybe to a re-issue of the infamous Mustang II, possibly with a luxury Ghia model! Oh, wait, the base level Mustang will be a four cylinder that gets great mpg may get that moniker as a tribute Pony.Once again, bye, bye, superchargers and big block toys. Deja vu all over again.

I love the Shelby brand, but I am getting very nervous regarding this move with Ford. Does this mean that Shelby will be the new version of a Tony Branda parts supplier? I congradulate all of you that have fulfilled their dream of owning a Shelby. I am not thrilled with Ford at all. The change of the Mustang alone does not look promising. Now they are going to drop the GT500 and make the GT350. Ford is starting to lose my interest in there brand for their decision making moves!

would like to see SAI bring back the Terlingua package since they won't be doing the GT350's anymore... don't own one but very nice cars

While I don't own a GT350, I'm with Robert on this one. Look at this with the entire Mustang history in mind. Yes, there was the Mustang II, then the fox bodies. They were a definite improvement over the II but looked very little like the original. Fox bodies are wildly popular today. Several things we already know about the new car. It will be smaller, although I have been reassure by my sources at Ford my 6'7" frame will fit as well if not better than the current car. It will be lighter so, even if horsepower is down, the car should be as fast as the current car. The suspension should be an improvement and handling should follow. Lastly, keep in mind, Ford is being forced into a position to down size as a result of, in my opinion, unrealistic café standards (too much too fast). The front of the car will be different, from the rear, you will know its a Mustang

As a Corvette enthusiast, I remember when we all went through this angst about a new model last year about this time. GM had threatened a V6, turbo-charging, Euro-design to attract young folks, better gas mileage due to CAFE, etc. I would say 70% of the Corvette people were against all those ideas, and were very vocal about it most everywhere. When the reality came out, it wasn't nearly as bad as people feared, but the loser was performance. The LS9 supercharged (638 HP), and LS7 big block (505 HP) were gone, and only a 450HP version was available, but at least it was a V8. The lack of performance options disappointed many, but the design looked like a Corvette (except maybe the Camaro-like tail lights), and so most love the new car, as GM promised performance engines in the future. Ford will probably go the same route, less performance but design cues that say Mustang. They are not stupid and know something tacky, like a Mustang II or the horrible Fox body, will not fly.

While I don't own a GT350, I'm with Robert on this one. Look at this with the entire Mustang history in mind. Yes, there was the Mustang II, then the fox bodies. They were a definite improvement over the II but looked very little like the original. Fox bodies are wildly popular today. Several things we already know about the new car. It will be smaller, although I have been reassure by my sources at Ford my 6'7" frame will fit as well if not better than the current car. It will be lighter so, even if horsepower is down, the car should be as fast as the current car. The suspension should be an improvement and handling should follow. Lastly, keep in mind, Ford is being forced into a position to down size as a result of, in my opinion, unrealistic café standards (too much too fast). The front of the car will be different, from the rear, you will know its a Mustang

Want I do not understand is the front would look different, but the rear will be recognized as a Mustang. Shouldn't the whole car look like a Mustang? I know all this is speculation, but that is all we have right now. Why is Ford hiding it? If Ford is sure the design will be ok, then show us. Heck, we got to see what the '05 looked ahead of production time, so why not show us soon. If the rumors do become true, I think Ford is stupid for doing something like it. Again, I do not want to see a euro " front " Mustang " rear ". That alone sound F'd up from the get go. AMERICAN CAR, hello!

The Mustang will not appeal to everyone and this has been the case throughout the years. Personally for me I didn't care for the Mustang from 1971 to 1998. It wasn't until 1999 that I liked the Mustang again and purchased a '00 GT and later an '04 Mach 1. Once I find a car I really like I tend to hang on to it so I'm not too worried about what's coming out because if I don't like it there are plenty of cars from '99 to '13 for me to choose from. The Mustang was a disappointing lull for me for 27 years between '71-98. Hopefully I won't have to wait that long again but I figure I can obtain an '03/04 Mach 1 again or a 5.0 powered GT/CS or a Boss 302 or even a '13/14 GT500 if I really want something in addition to my current GT500 and my classics. What I was really hoping for was a Boss 429. Had they come out with that car I may have actually gone out and bought a new car again instead of always buying used. It seemed feasible since Roush was racing a naturally aspirated 7.0 liter engine that was making 700/700 so I figured a detuned version of that engine putting out around 500+ hp naturally aspirated would have been the ideal makings of a Boss 429. When I mentioned this to the Mustang designers one time they said I already had 7.0 liters with the 5.4 and the supercharger displacement available to me with the GT500. I told them I wanted a Boss 429 with a 7.0 liter engine naturally aspirated. I think it would have sold well and I would have been happy with it in the latest two body styles.

I wonder what this will do to the 45th anniversary GT 350 value? :hammer_self:

Shelby's built at the Shelby facotry, will always be worth more..

The Mustang will not appeal to everyone and this has been the case throughout the years. Personally for me I didn't care for the Mustang from 1971 to 1998. It wasn't until 1999 that I liked the Mustang again and purchased a '00 GT and later an '04 Mach 1. Once I find a car I really like I tend to hang on to it so I'm not too worried about what's coming out because if I don't like it there are plenty of cars from '99 to '13 for me to choose from. The Mustang was a disappointing lull for me for 27 years between '71-98. Hopefully I won't have to wait that long again but I figure I can obtain an '03/04 Mach 1 again or a 5.0 powered GT/CS or a Boss 302 or even a '13/14 GT500 if I really want something in addition to my current GT500 and my classics. What I was really hoping for was a Boss 429. Had they come out with that car I may have actually gone out and bought a new car again instead of always buying used. It seemed feasible since Roush was racing a naturally aspirated 7.0 liter engine that was making 700/700 so I figured a detuned version of that engine putting out around 500+ hp naturally aspirated would have been the ideal makings of a Boss 429. When I mentioned this to the Mustang designers one time they said I already had 7.0 liters with the 5.4 and the supercharger displacement available to me with the GT500. I told them I wanted a Boss 429 with a 7.0 liter engine naturally aspirated. I think it would have sold well and I would have been happy with it in the latest two body styles.

Don't like the Mustang from 1971 up that is shocking! 71 Boss 351, 71 429SCJ Mach 1, and the 73 Conv.'s are very desirable. I've owned 3 Fox-body Mustangs and 2 SN-95 and didn't like them too much but they sure as hell got it right in 2005 so this fusion-hybrid front nose is gonna set the car backwards

And history will repeat itself again. Ford will have gone through all the nostalgia names of the muscle years with Boss, Bullet, GT500, GT350, Mach I, etc. All that will be left is Mustang II. You remember that non-performance, modified Pinto that was Ford's answer to the oil embargo of the 40 years ago when gas reached a dollar a gallon at the pump. OMG! So after the great 50th anniversary celebrations of the Mustang we can look forward maybe to a re-issue of the infamous Mustang II, possibly with a luxury Ghia model! Oh, wait, the base level Mustang will be a four cylinder that gets great mpg may get that moniker as a tribute Pony.Once again, bye, bye, superchargers and big block toys. Deja vu all over again.

what about king cobra .?

Ah, yes the infamous Ford Mustang II King Cobra with full hood graphics. It could happen in the new series!

But they don't have Farah Fawcett to lay on the hood anymore, guess they could get Angelina, that would be about appropriate for it..... :happy feet:

Want I do not understand is the front would look different, but the rear will be recognized as a Mustang. Shouldn't the whole car look like a Mustang? I know all this is speculation, but that is all we have right now. Why is Ford hiding it? If Ford is sure the design will be ok, then show us. Heck, we got to see what the '05 looked ahead of production time, so why not show us soon. If the rumors do become true, I think Ford is stupid for doing something like it. Again, I do not want to see a euro " front " Mustang " rear ". That alone sound F'd up from the get go. AMERICAN CAR, hello!

They cannot show the 2015 because 2014s are still being built and why would Ford want to tip they design hand to the competition early anyway?

Archived