TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Detailing your GT500

Don't be afraid of the clay bar process. It just takes patience.

I found it helped the finished process of even a new car.

Just make sure you wash your car with a light solution of Dawn first and dry it, this will remove any wax you have on your car.

Keep the clay bar wet with the solution that comes with it, and there is no need to rub hard. It will pull off what it needs to. And keep rotating the clay.

My finish after the clay bar and 4 coats of paste ICE doesn't even look like a factory paint job. Let's face it, Ford has never been known for a top quaility paint job in the first place. But this added a nice depth, even to the white, and the vista blue (painted) stripes look about 6" deep now.

I'm very picky about what goes on my car. Our water is terrible here, so I use the Mr. Clean soap (so it won't strip the wax) and the filtered water rinse, and do a full dry. (I know, some hold the Mr. Clean claim to be spot free air dry, I don't. )

Hope this helps.

THanks, yea the clay bar thing had me somewhat freaked so I thought if I could do it with liquid, that would be cool and probably easier! :happy feet:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone ever try rejex wax? It was what CCW said to use on their wheels and I have it now - seems like it would be good if you have the time to claybare and then apply. I may try it some time but it seals too so I don't want to do it until I get everything just right.

I used the liquid clay bar and it was great.....but it gets places that you don't want it very easy - like in every possible crack and is hard to get off then. I really hate cleaning the car - I know you all love it but I hate it. I'm going to pay to get it done before the end of the yr so I can just sit there and eat ice cream and watch some one else slave over it then i'll drive it home and hope for once it doesn

't rain and make me speed to a bank drive through for cover like it seems to after any wash i do myself.

Just finished an 800 mile trip up to northern New Mexico, had a blast, but even better, the front end was completely covered in bugs, not just a couple, I mean covered.

I had about 4 coats of ICE paste and topped it with a coat of the liquid, and yes it was a little greasy, but finished with a light spray of the detailer, well, when I stopped all I did was spray with RO water, let sit, and wipe with a wet cotton towel very lightly then finished it with some ICE detailer. No effort at all.

Now all I need now is some new pads, this dust is insane. :banghead:

Archived