TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sorry to be driving all the StangsUnleashed members nuts......but my Shelby was BORN yesterday!!!

HotLap

Whoo Hoo, I can't wait "Produced Date" = 5/8/2007..... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: Too bad Ford doesn't have the factory delivery option like the Corvette.....I'd be drooling all over my new Shelby already :banana piano: ....wonder if I'd be arrested for following alongside the train :yahoo:

THIS WAITING IS DRIVING ME NUTS

Whoo Hoo, I can't wait "Produced Date" = 5/8/2007..... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: Too bad Ford doesn't have the factory delivery option like the Corvette.....I'd be drooling all over my new Shelby already :banana piano: ....wonder if I'd be arrested for following alongside the train :yahoo:

Hang in there!! I know what your going thruough. When I finally purchased my Vista Blue with white stripes coupe, I had to wait several weeks even though the dealer had his money and it was ready to go. I live in CA and bought the car in Dallas. Work and travel plans were the hold up. Longest two weeks of my life. The drive home made up for it. You'll love it.

Hang in there!! I know what your going thruough. When I finally purchased my Vista Blue with white stripes coupe, I had to wait several weeks even though the dealer had his money and it was ready to go. I live in CA and bought the car in Dallas. Work and travel plans were the hold up. Longest two weeks of my life. The drive home made up for it. You'll love it.

What dealership did you buy from in Dallas?? I am in the Dallas area, just curious because ive talked to a TON of them here about this car.. LOL

Must have been a good experience, since you made the long trip and the Awsome Drive home....

What dealership did you buy from in Dallas?? I am in the Dallas area, just curious because ive talked to a TON of them here about this car.. LOL

Must have been a good experience, since you made the long trip and the Awsome Drive home....

The dealer name was Sam Packs 5-Star Ford in Carrollton. The experience was pretty good. The sales guy turned out to be kind of a flake. He said he would reimburse me for my cab fare ($30.00) from the airport vs picking me up. I gave him the receipt and have called him twice since and nothing. Typical, unfortunately for alot of dealers, once they have your money, its bye bye. The drive home was great. This car is one hell of a package. At 1000 miles out in AZ I opened it up to 145. It got there very quick and effortless. These cars can be cop magnets if you don't grow an extra set of eyes. Hope you find one. He still had a vert on the floor and said he had a white with blue stripe coupe coming in.

HotLap - glad to see the car is built and you're this excited. We've all had to wait a long time to get our cars. My wait wasn't too bad. There were a few on this board that the wait was simply more than they could take. They literally lost it. Be careful, if you loose it, they'll end up changing your status on the board to "Moderator". Then look out, they expect you to always be setting a good example and be a good citizen. If you don't believe me, ask Grabber and Crispy.

In the meantime, hang out, enjoy and poke at Grabber and Crispy from time to time to keep them on their toes. They're not getting paid all this extra money for nothing. :hysterical2:

HSURB

You guys/gals CRACK ME UP....great forum and I look forward to learning all about my new baby :wub: here.......speaking of which....IS IT HERE YET :blink: :blink:

Seriously, I am fired up to be getting a Shelby GT500 ( :yahoo::yahoo: ) and really all the credit goes to my old high school buddy who runs a Ford store and ordered this car last October....just knowing that I would gladly take it. He ordered it two weeks after I picked up my '07 GT/CS vert and he even ordered it as a vert and in the same color....talk about knowing your customer...I'm sooooo thankful that he only called me 2 weeks ago to let me know he had it coming and it would be here in late May....don't think I could have handled the wait from last October until now...Bill, my hats off to you :drool::drool:

You guys/gals CRACK ME UP....great forum and I look forward to learning all about my new baby :wub: here.......speaking of which....IS IT HERE YET :blink: :blink:

Seriously, I am fired up to be getting a Shelby GT500 ( :yahoo::yahoo: ) and really all the credit goes to my old high school buddy who runs a Ford store and ordered this car last October....just knowing that I would gladly take it. He ordered it two weeks after I picked up my '07 GT/CS vert and he even ordered it as a vert and in the same color....talk about knowing your customer...I'm sooooo thankful that he only called me 2 weeks ago to let me know he had it coming and it would be here in late May....don't think I could have handled the wait from last October until now...Bill, my hats off to you :drool::drool:

Hotlap,

HSURB has pointed you out and now we will have to watch you very closely. :hysterical: So I see you have a GT/CS too. They are great cars also. ;) My wait about did me in. I hope you don't have to experience that.Welcome to the board. If you PM me your Vin #, I might be able to get a message to the little birdie and find your car on the train.

Hotlap,

HSURB has pointed you out and now we will have to watch you very closely. :hysterical: So I see you have a GT/CS too. They are great cars also. ;) My wait about did me in. I hope you don't have to experience that.Welcome to the board. If you PM me your Vin #, I might be able to get a message to the little birdie and find your car on the train.

Grabber - thanks for the welcome and I'm going to miss my GT/CS....just had it since late Sept. '07 and was the 1st car I had ever ordered. Just yesterday I came out of the store to find a guy admiring it..they are a nice package, but I am THRILLED about moving up to the Shelby GT500 (just can't say that name enough :hysterical2: ). Couple of things I will miss are the heated seats (great option in a vert) and the power passenger seat. As a matter of fact, I was about to take the plunge and have the RoushCharger installed - but the timing on the Shelby was perfect!!

Both my Production Date and Gate Release Date are 5/8/2007 so it sould be either in the shipping process or about to be loaded on the train. You have a PM and thanks for the help....great forum and I look forward to learning all about this new Shelby here. Do you think the 5.4L Shelby engine will have a few more hp than the 5.4 in my '05 f-150? :hysterical:

Hotlap,

Hotlap, watch out for that Grabber fellow :spiteful: , he wants your vin# so he can hi-jack your car :ninja: ! Welcome to the forum :tease:

U got to watch out for Grabber ...hes sneaky ! ...... I tell ya what... the feeling when you get conceive .... thats what I call getting a full vin .... and being born is when its bucked and released from the plant. You know your baby ... is somewhere at Flat rock .... sitting .. but where as my car was built in Nov ... and shipped the end of Nov to Florida .... your car has much better weather .... !

Congratulations .... and best of luck to you

Grabber - thanks for the welcome and I'm going to miss my GT/CS....just had it since late Sept. '07 and was the 1st car I had ever ordered. Just yesterday I came out of the store to find a guy admiring it..they are a nice package, but I am THRILLED about moving up to the Shelby GT500 (just can't say that name enough :hysterical2: ). Couple of things I will miss are the heated seats (great option in a vert) and the power passenger seat. As a matter of fact, I was about to take the plunge and have the RoushCharger installed - but the timing on the Shelby was perfect!!

Both my Production Date and Gate Release Date are 5/8/2007 so it sould be either in the shipping process or about to be loaded on the train. You have a PM and thanks for the help....great forum and I look forward to learning all about this new Shelby here. Do you think the 5.4L Shelby engine will have a few more hp than the 5.4 in my '05 f-150? :hysterical:

My BNSF rail tracking birdie took a look on the BNSF railcars. It's not there yet. Have you called Customer Service at 1-800392-3673 and asked them for a status ? What did they tell you ?

My BNSF rail tracking birdie took a look on the BNSF railcars. It's not there yet. Have you called Customer Service at 1-800392-3673 and asked them for a status ? What did they tell you ?

Your car is setting in the parking lot at Autoport waiting to be loaded now. It might get loaded Tomorrow or Sat. The Birdie is watching it.

See:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...ic=8156&hl=

Your car is setting in the parking lot at Autoport waiting to be loaded now. It might get loaded Tomorrow or Sat. The Birdie is watching it.

See:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...ic=8156&hl=

AWESOME...that's really cool having someone there that you can check with..be sure and tell "Birdie" hello and she has my eternal gratitude :drool: ...now if I could just somehow convince her to put it in the front of the line for loading I'd be doing this :banana piano: one day sooner!!

Seriously, Grabber - thanks!! :beerchug:

I'll wait to take a poke at you (a la HSURB's suggestion) until my new SHELBYarrives :yahoo:

HotLap,

Congrats - paint me Highland Green with envy !!

Hey 1FAFP90, I know you can't tell but I'm fairly excited to get my new Shelby :hysterical: Thanks for the congrats and do I sense a 2008 Bullitt future owner amongst us...that is going to be one cool ride too!!

Sorry Grabber - I missed this post the 1st time through. I have been getting my status updates via BON and hesitate to call customer service and have to tell them that I'm a dealer - so I hadn't gone that route yet.

HotLap, hope it comes soon and welcome to the forum. Read the FAQ section, and be sure to read your owners manual entirely...lots of good info in there.

Dave

Dave, thanks and I'll probably have the OM read the 1st night..not that I'm ANAL or anything :D

PS Apples/Don/Keith and eveyone - thanks for being so supportive and I look forward to the Shelby "journey" and learning from everyone in this forum!

• 2 years later...

Archived