TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Muted exhaust

Strawman

I never had a chance to hear my Hertz prior to the S/C installation, but I don't think my car sounds at all like the ones in all the videos. Mine seems very quiet in the exhaust department as well. All I can hear is the S/C when I put my foot in it. Perhaps that is the problem also with the OP?

The original exhaust was only mildly more aggressive than stock, but very cool.

The blower should not change a thing. Just "more of the same".

Jer

I immediately noticed that the car wasn't as loud at WOT when I drove it for the first time after having the whipple installed. Before, when revving it, or driving WOT it was more aggressive sounding. That being said, I'll take the extra power over the sound any day of the week.

Dan

I never had a chance to hear my Hertz prior to the S/C installation, but I don't think my car sounds at all like the ones in all the videos. Mine seems very quiet in the exhaust department as well. All I can hear is the S/C when I put my foot in it. Perhaps that is the problem also with the OP?

I rented and drove GT-H's several times before purchasing my SGT. One of the most enjoyable aspects, to me, was the throaty exhaust note. When the SGT was returned to me by SAI during the CARB fiasco (pre S/C) I felt the same about the sound. Post S/C, I believe the exhaust is much quieter, others agree. Maybe I'm going so much faster the sound can't keep up?

Regardless, I'd like to "toughen" my SGT's exhaust tone, how can this be accomplished? Can I get away with a new set of catbacks, like Borla stingers, or would an O/R midpipe be essential? HAs anyone changed their GT/SC exhaust?

Upon further review, I've decided to keep the GTA exhaust/muffler setup, and try to achieve more volume through a mid pipe change. I'm considering changing the SGT's x for a MAC Prochamber, has anyone tried this or any other midpipe change? Thoughts, ideas?

Archived