TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CAI Tube for SGT

Don't know if this has been requested but I would like a replacement for the air intake tube. I like the Ford Racing CAI but not a big fan of tube from throttle body to filter. Keeping things under the hood looking original is somewhat important to me but that part is bugging me.

Check out the Steeda CAI tube....The air box & filter itself is a Steeda developed piece, but they left the ugly Ford OEM Mustang CAI tube when they left SAI.

I bought just the tube with the black fitting pieces so it really looks all stock for about $115 if memory serves me correctly. I later added the 62 mm Throttle body from FRPP, and the whole engine takes on a much more finished and aggressive look...be forewarned, the changes will net minimal power gains. The 62mm FRPP throttle body was about $450 or $500 alone, but does give some mild power gains with a custom tune and much better throttle response.

Hope that helps!

Andy.

were did you get the clamps they look blue ? JIM

I believe Steeda can also provide the blue fittings.

I had the Steeda plain black elbow on my SGT when it was NA, and it was great. I also got the blue silicone couplers from them (might have been included)... Jer

• 4 weeks later...

Blue tubes are the normal delivery, but you can also specify the black ones....I selected Black. To me, it makes for a more factory look and detracts less from the Shelby Engine Cap set and the FRPP 62mm Throttle Body.

Either way...you can't go wrong.

Andy.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can vouch for the steeda intake tube as well. Installed one on my 07SGT the day I picked it up from the previous owner. It did seem to make it a tad more responsive, probably cause it provides a more direct airstream path than the stock GT tube did. Not a major upper power increase worth going to the dyno over though.

One word of warning - make sure you put the rubber couplers on in the right position and actually torque the clamps as specified. I didn't cause I've done a bunch of CAI installs before on other cars and was fine just winging it. The tube slipped off and shut the motor down (not fun on a major houston freeway). User error on my part.

Archived