TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Coat Hook Removal?

Does anyone know how to remove the coat hanger hooks on a 2010 Mustang/GT500?

I have a set of MGW hangers I want to replace the OEM hooks with but I can not for the life of me figure out how to remove the old ones. I thought there was a cap/cover over a screw but all I've done is proceed to muck up the little groove that I thought was a seam. The MGW instructions aren't any help at all and I know Shelby sells or sold replacement aluminum hooks so my bet is that SOMEONE has removed/replaced theirs by now.

Thanks In Advance/TIA,

Phill

Not sure your coat hooks are the same as mine. I checked the Workshop Manual (which is about as clear as mud). It appears on my car that you must remove the quarter window trim panel before removing the garment hook. Hope this helps!

Holy crap. So it sounds like it screws in from behind....

I'll take a look and see if I can do that.

Thanks,

Phill

Phil: Might want to check with the dealer first. Like I said, the Ford Workshop Manuals for our cars are really crappy compared to many I have used. The diagrams are weak and the instructions are weaker. I think the Manuals assume the techs have gone through the Ford in house training and have a base of knowledge to start from. Let us know how it turns out! Dave

Phil: Might want to check with the dealer first. Like I said, the Ford Workshop Manuals for our cars are really crappy compared to many I have used. The diagrams are weak and the instructions are weaker. I think the Manuals assume the techs have gone through the Ford in house training and have a base of knowledge to start from. Let us know how it turns out! Dave

I've looked through the on-line service manual for a '11 and there's nothing.

The MGW instructions are useless. They say, "remove (or unscrew) the OE hook" but don't say how to do it. I don't want to grab the hook and twist in case there is a locating tab (which I suspect there is) and ruin the side panel.

The factory manuals are MUCH better than what the GP gets so my bet is, it's in the manual. Maybe I'll stop in to my dealer and talk to the SVT tech (we're on good terms).

Thank bunches,

Phill

Archived