TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Dearborn Informantion

sharon

Hello All,

Here is some info on the Dearborn Event. August 8th-11th.

Thursday Check-in will be at the Edsel Ford Estate, lunch and tours of house and grounds.

Check-in at hotel will be the Adoba Hotel Dearborn, I am waiting on the Hotel for the discount code for all to use.

Friday, Romeo Provind Grounds, and Mustang Engine Plant.

Friday Night Banquet Henry Ford Museum we have rented out the entire Museum just for Team Shelby

Saturday,

Tour of the Truck plant.

The rest is still in the work will get back to you.

Sunday

Car show at Ford World Headquaters.

This is going to be very cool again. I enjoyed having the Ford Musuem all to ourselves last time we were the last ones to leave that night.

Savannah is begging me to bring her to this event. Can you verify that a 7 year old can go on the tour and the rest of the event. Thanks.

This is going to be very cool again. I enjoyed having the Ford Musuem all to ourselves last time we were the last ones to leave that night.

Savannah is begging me to bring her to this event. Can you verify that a 7 year old can go on the tour and the rest of the event. Thanks.

I am not sure, I think they can go on the tours at Romeo and Engine but not track I will have to confirm.

For us, right now it's up in the air...

I'm booked for Woodward and really love the Mustang Alley event but I can't do back to back weekends in Michigan.

I did Dearborn in 2008 and had a great time but didn't do Woodward last year because we couldn't do the track or tour.

I may have to pull the plug on Woodward again this year as it is an annual event and who knows when we may ever see another Dearborn event.

For anyone on the fence like us, keep that in mind...Woodward will be there next year but another Team Shelby event ??

The selected hotel looks great if we can get a decent rate that would be excellent.

Thinking back, our first attempt at a car show at FWHQ was rained out but we had a great time in the garage..lol

I hate making choices..

I think so Craig. Like above - I'm going to try to do as many of these events until there are no more.

Cool, we'll have to set-us-up a convoy!

Bob said he'll be too busy marrying off his kids lol, but I think Anton's game. Man, his 40th is clean!

I'm booked for Woodward and really love the Mustang Alley event but I can't do back to back weekends in Michigan.

I did Dearborn in 2008 and had a great time but didn't do Woodward last year because we couldn't do the track or tour.

I may have to pull the plug on Woodward again this year as it is an annual event and who knows when we may ever see another Dearborn event.

For anyone on the fence like us, keep that in mind...Woodward will be there next year but another Team Shelby event ??

The selected hotel looks great if we can get a decent rate that would be excellent.

Thinking back, our first attempt at a car show at FWHQ was rained out but we had a great time in the garage..lol

I hate making choices..

That was a blast......having all the Shelby's parked in the working stalls was too cool. :rockon:

That was a blast......having all the Shelby's parked in the working stalls was too cool. :rockon:

Yup...even with the pouring rain we had a great day and had a lot of people pass through viewing the cars...the place was packed once people were advised we moved inside....I was driving the CS6 which had no representation as it was, and is, a little obscure but bought a ton of other stuff at the Shelby shop including a blue stitched GT-500 winter jacket which hung in my closet in the plastic for 2 1/2 years before I bought the 2010 Grabber Blue GT-500 ......I refused to wear it until I had the car to match.....I have lots of great memories from that first event.

I hate making choices..

the indoor car show that sunday courtesy of Ford was awesome....as was that whole weekend......I was back in 2011 and the Romeo Proving Grounds as well as dinner at the museum were again incredible experiences.....anyone on the fence should dive into this with both hands.....if not for a prior paid engagement for this weekend, we would be signing up for sure.......Great job Robert and Sharon bringing this back......

The indoor car show in 2008 was indeed a great experience. I have great memories of the first three Deaborn events. I met some great people and had a lot of fun at those event. I'd like to make it four in a row, but unfortunately, this was announced a bit too late for me, with other plans already in place. I'm sure that those who register won't be disappointed. Sharon and Robert always do a fantastic job with those events.

The '08 show moving indoors was one of those times when all the planets and stars just happened to line up perfectly..

There was the event staff, the 2 (appropriately named) umbrella girls, and a handfull of members all huddled under the two canopies that Robert brought. Robert and I went to the van to grab something, and this random guy pulls up and asks if we were the ones in charge. I (and I think Robert was thinking the same thing) immediately said "here we go" to myself, thinking this was some employee wanting to give us the 3rd degree about what we were doing in his parking lot. Robert said yes, and the next words out of the guys mouth were "Wanna take it inside?" We looked at each other a little confused and then back at him and said "hu?". He explained that he was the manager of the executive garage, and he just happened to be driving by and saw us outside. Figured we might like to go inside where it was dry.

So, it wasn't so much courtesy of Ford, but rather courtesy of a random (and quite awesome) Ford employee, that the show was held indoors and saved. Keep in mind, he was off work that day, and he had to be there the whole time.

It remains to this day, my favorite car show.

The indoor car show in 2008 was indeed a great experience. I have great memories of the first three Deaborn events. I met some great people and had a lot of fun at those event. I'd like to make it four in a row, but unfortunately, this was announced a bit too late for me, with other plans already in place. I'm sure that those who register won't be disappointed. Sharon and Robert always do a fantastic job with those events.

I didn't know that 3 have already happened. I heard about the 2008 deerborn event, I went to the 2011 deerborn event and I am going to the 2013 deerborn event. When was the other deerborn event?

I didn't know that 3 have already happened. I heard about the 2008 deerborn event, I went to the 2011 deerborn event and I am going to the 2013 deerborn event. When was the other deerborn event?

The first one was in 2007. At the time, Team Shelby was known as Stangsunleashed. If I remember correctly, the number of participants was limited to 50 (25 members plus their guest). We toured both the Flat Rock and the Romeo plants, and had a visit and diner at the Henry Ford Estate. We also had a car show at the Ford Headquarters, this one under sunny skies.

The '08 show moving indoors was one of those times when all the planets and stars just happened to line up perfectly..

There was the event staff, the 2 (appropriately named) umbrella girls, and a handfull of members all huddled under the two canopies that Robert brought. Robert and I went to the van to grab something, and this random guy pulls up and asks if we were the ones in charge. I (and I think Robert was thinking the same thing) immediately said "here we go" to myself, thinking this was some employee wanting to give us the 3rd degree about what we were doing in his parking lot. Robert said yes, and the next words out of the guys mouth were "Wanna take it inside?" We looked at each other a little confused and then back at him and said "hu?". He explained that he was the manager of the executive garage, and he just happened to be driving by and saw us outside. Figured we might like to go inside where it was dry.

So, it wasn't so much courtesy of Ford, but rather courtesy of a random (and quite awesome) Ford employee, that the show was held indoors and saved. Keep in mind, he was off work that day, and he had to be there the whole time.

It remains to this day, my favorite car show.

great story Freak......and the perfect ending to a fantastic weekend..........of course.....who could forget the Romeo engine builders screaming by the Romeo plant "wide open" in Tony's GT500 as we posed for the group picture........or Mike's epic burnout in front of Flat Rock..........of course....getting to see the 2009 Mustang by accident didn't really happen.....so I wont mention it! :victory:

Archived