TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grilled and Smoked this Weekend........

gotoatz

And not just for dinner, but on the car too!! For some reason, I have never been a fan of the Honeycomb pattern on the newer Mustangs....Yeah, I know, history and all that, but just don't care for it. So, had to grille up to get rid of it....

Also, I had earlier replaced the front side markers with new smoked lenses, but never did find replacements for the rear. So, whilst I was at it, I just went ahead and did everything to see how it would look.....

Finally, I got around to reversing the Snakes on the front fenders. When I bought the car a few months back, they were backward. After considerable checking, it would appear they came that way from the factory. And while it was a good conversation starter, it just did not look right. So, I removed em and swapped sides......

Mike

photo11_zpsfd2b5f34.jpg

photo14_zps2a8b70b0.jpg

photo13_zpsa73e91f6.jpg

photo7_zpsadc18cee.jpg

IMG_0433_zps47789152.jpg

IMG_0434_zpsb1cdc5fc.jpg

IMG_0435_zps99b4c0d8.jpg

Nice Mike. Looks great. So you removed the honeycomb grille? What brand insert did you go with?

Cheers,

Jeff

Thank you Jeff. No, actually it's a grille overlay. I could not find a straight billet grille replacement, so I compromised with an overlay. I got it on Amazon, at what I thought was a really good price....

10-12 2011 2012 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Billet Grille Grill Combo insert # F67680A

by APS

Be the first to review this item

Price: $163.89 Sale: $119.23 You Save: $44.66 (27%)

Only 9 left in stock.

Ships from and sold by AutoMaxStyling.

• * 1pc Main Upper grille(Bolton) * 1pc Lower Bumper grille(Bolton)

• Each grille guarantees a black satin powder coating with a shiny surface.

• Air craft grade 6061-T6 aluminum solid billet grille inserts can protect the front end of your vehicle.

• Sleek aluminum billet grille inserts come in horizontal bar styles. Custom fit applications for each trucks, cars and SUVs.

• All necessary hardware and instruction are included. Grille insert only, logo or emblem, frame or shell is NOT included.

See more product details

It was actually a chrome finish as shipped. I tried it blingy, before doing the tints, and just could not personally hang with it. So, I followed through with my original plan of rattle canning the grille. The other one I considered was an overlay from Mr. Body Kits, but it was way more money.

IMG_0426_zpsa4de4038.jpg

And not just for dinner, but on the car too!! For some reason, I have never been a fan of the Honeycomb pattern on the newer Mustangs....Yeah, I know, history and all that, but just don't care for it. So, had to grille up to get rid of it....

Also, I had earlier replaced the front side markers with new smoked lenses, but never did find replacements for the rear. So, whilst I was at it, I just went ahead and did everything to see how it would look.....

Finally, I got around to reversing the Snakes on the front fenders. When I bought the car a few months back, they were backward. After considerable checking, it would appear they came that way from the factory. And while it was a good conversation starter, it just did not look right. So, I removed em and swapped sides......

Mike

photo11_zpsfd2b5f34.jpg

photo14_zps2a8b70b0.jpg

photo13_zpsa73e91f6.jpg

photo7_zpsadc18cee.jpg

IMG_0433_zps47789152.jpg

IMG_0434_zpsb1cdc5fc.jpg

IMG_0435_zps99b4c0d8.jpg

Looks very mean all blacked out like that :rockon:

Archived