TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber weekend Friday Track Day- PIR AUG 9th

FordFan1

I thought I would do Rob a favor and seperate this topic from his NW meet and greet thread.

So if you have questions and would like to join us the day before Grabbers event please post up here.
I would like to get a head count so I can push for a group discount.

CONFIRMED!!!
If we get 5 or more for either the school or HPDE and we will all recieve a $20 discount from the regular rate.

This is also a open inventation for all TEAM SHELBY members to come hang out with us, cost zero dollars to come by to watch us drive the 2.1 course.

Track info
http://portlandracew...guide/track_map

Track Day registration / The HPDE is only one day (Aug 9th) and requires no class time / Your credit card will not be charged until the day of the event.
http://www.motorspor...F80E3B3C87F0F15

Cascade School/HPDE equipment and other requirements
http://www.cascadesp...equirements.pdf

CONFIRMED Attendees list:
1) FORDFAN1 / 2008 SGT-VB, Kerry
2) albino500 / 2007 GT500-white, Kevin
3) tedJ / 2013 GT500 Red W/Black stripes, Ted

4) 89Saleen215 / 2008 GT500, Aaron

5) Red / 2010 GT500, Anthony

6) 2008 GT500, Randy

------------------------------------------------------

What time would be appropriate for spectators to come watch ?

They run 4 run groups - 20 min sessions on track per group, rotated thru the day

First group usually is on the track by 9am / lunch break from 12-1pm / event concludes by 4:30pm

In the past each run group will run twice in the AM and twice in the PM

Novice School

Advance School

HPDE (Team Shelby members)

Test & Tune (Race prepped cars)

-------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Rumor has it 2 more Team Shelby members may soon be signing up.

I will talk with with Tracy about a group discount usually goes into effect once we reach 5

Reminder: Your card won't be charge until the day of, so if we get the car count we need we will only be charged the discounted rate the day of the event.

CONFIRMED!!!

If we get 5 or more for either the school or HPDE and we will all recieve a $20 discount from the regular rate.

I also added a link in Post #1 refering to the Cascade Safety & HPDE Requirements.

What time would be appropriate for spectators to come watch ?

Rob , are you bringing the morning coffee from " Cowgirl Espresso " ? :hysterical2: Come early !

CONFIRMED!!!

I also added a link in Post #1 refering to the Cascade Safety & HPDE Requirements.

Thanks Kerry , discounts are always appreciated ! What's the going rate for gas at the track ? Or should I not ask :drop:

I was reading the HPDE Requirements and it states that you must have "One Driver Training event approved by Cascade Sports Car Club." Is this true or not? The first post indicates it is not...just want to make sure before I register. I wrote them last week and still haven't heard back.

Rob , are you bringing the morning coffee from " Cowgirl Espresso " ? :hysterical2: Come early !

Thanks Kerry , discounts are always appreciated ! What's the going rate for gas at the track ? Or should I not ask :drop:

SOrry they don't sell fuel at the track it maybe a restriction since it is owned by the CIty of Portland

I can get you hooked up on some 100 octane Sunoco once you get here.

I was reading the HPDE Requirements and it states that you must have "One Driver Training event approved by Cascade Sports Car Club." Is this true or not? The first post indicates it is not...just want to make sure before I register. I wrote them last week and still haven't heard back.

It's a judgement call by CSCC, if you have track day experiance at PIR or other venues it should not be an issue (approved Events as deemed by them), make sure to have events and dates available. Many times they will send out an instructor to ride along the first session just to check out (new to them) participants.

93 octane will work fine . I was hoping to gas up close to the track but 4 sessions will go through it quick and driving up/back with a jug would be frowned upon !

Gas is close by, lunch is always a good time to refill.

I'll be bring my truck and trailer with plenty of cans available.

Just registered...so make #4 in ink ;)

DONE

Ok, only 1 more needed to get the group discount

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FYI--

For those that maybe interested in Ethanol Free Gas- $4.69 a gallon

2 options just blocks away from the Best Western in Battleground, WA

Battle Ground CFN 92 Dick's Tire Factory 510 W Main St N45.78082 W122.54467 ge.png gm.png details Battle Ground UNBRANDED 92 Wayside Gas 1912 Main N45.78066 W122.55714 ge.png gm.png details

Great outing today, no off's and no breakage- but Randy was booted after a few laps for exceding the max decibel levels.

------------------------------

Just wanted to say " Thank You Kerry " for getting the group set up with Tracey and the folks at the Cascade Sports Car Club . I had Gordon Jones as an instructor for the initial outing and I was laughing because he was wearing a 2001 SCCA PCRRC shirt which had my name on the backside . The track was a blast , fun to learn , got to experience it in the dry along with a session in the rain . Just couldn't get used to some blue SGT always going by me ! :hysterical: Thanks for having Jim and I over for dinner and showing us the fleet and also for getting us a discounted price at the track . I wish that we could of spent more time together . We'll get together later with you. :shoppingcart_:

This is the best I could do, too busy driving to take pics :shift:

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9uvxcd3ckpqob3u/6n6M8T2cPa

I would like to thank Kerry for suggesting this and putting it together with Cascade Sports Car Club. I had a fantastic time. It was also a great learning experience for me and I really enjoyed meeting some great new friends.

Archived