TEAM SHELBY FORUM

“How To” install (2) Dash Plaques

I recently received 2 Shelby GT500 Dash Plaques. No instructions came with the order. So…possibly this thread will help others with their installation.

Parts needed:

1. Dash Plaques

004-1.jpg

2. Isopropyl Alcohol and cloth to clean the area where the plaque will be installed.

006-1.jpg

3. Blue painters tape

007-1.jpg

4. A sexy assistant :wub:

028.jpg

011.jpg

029.jpg

5. Two GT500’s

002.jpg

Edited by Grabber

Installation steps:

1. Have your sexy assistant take them out of the plastic and get ready to hand them to you. Then have her clean the dash area.

012.jpg

013.jpg

2. Have your sexy assistant hold the plaque in position for a dry fit.

015.jpg

3. While your sexy assistant is holding the plague perfectly level and centered. Install a piece of blue painters tape at the bottom leading edge of the plaque.

017.jpg

4. Carefully set the plaque into position at the bottom leading edge. Only press the bottom edge down very lightly in case you have to re adjust it.

020.jpg

5. Double check it to make sure it is level and centered.

021.jpg

6. Remove the blue tape and check it again to make sure it is level and centered. You can use the dots on the dash to make sure it is level. Then press it down firmly.

022.jpg

023.jpg

1. Then you are done with the first car

024.jpg

2. Then move to the 2nd car and repeat all the steps over. The finished product should turn out similar to this

026.jpg

027.jpg

Edited by Grabber

As a side note when doing this install on multiple cars, be sure to put the right VIN plaque with the right car! That'd be my luck!

That is one of the reasons you have to have a sexy assistant help you.

Thanks for reminding me, got mine out of the box and installed it today, didn't have my sexy assistant to help but it turned out great.

Dashplaque_zps2a149bb6.jpg

Looks great. These really finish off the inside dash nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

I framed it and put it in my office on a wall out of the sun.

002-11.jpg

Rob....that is a wonderful idea....I had been having the same question as I started this.......definitely sensible. I may do the same thing........I made sure to mount the original signed version by only taking off a small fraction of the red tape backing so I could get it off in the future fairly easily.

• 2 months later...

Rob....that is a wonderful idea....I had been having the same question as I started this.......definitely sensible. I may do the same thing........I made sure to mount the original signed version by only taking off a small fraction of the red tape backing so I could get it off in the future fairly easily.

I wished I would of done that. I used all the tape on my original it is was a trick getting it off. I used a plastic putty knife and pried slow. It cam off perfect and all the tape was on the back of the dash plaque. That took some work to remove.

• 1 year later...

That sexy assistant sure looks good with that fur coat on, but she's a little on the short side??? ha! ha!....... I wondered how many others took their signed plaques off and framed them, and now I know I'm not alone. They really do look good in a frame or shadow box and it keeps that original signature from accidently getting cleaned away!!! I had to use high-test fishing line to get mine to come off but it did a good job and the new "engraved signature" plaque really looks good and is care-free! I still shake my head when I see you guys with MULTIPLE Shelbys.......MUST BE NICE!!! I'm retired and can barely hang on to ONE !! Pet that assistant for me.....and maybe a scratch behind the ears!! :)

I recently received 2 Shelby GT500 Dash Plaques. No instructions came with the order. So…possibly this thread will help others with their installation.
Parts needed:

1. Dash Plaques
004-1.jpg

2. Isopropyl Alcohol and cloth to clean the area where the plaque will be installed.
006-1.jpg

3. Blue painters tape
007-1.jpg

4. A sexy assistant :wub:
028.jpg
011.jpg
029.jpg

5. Two GT500’s
002.jpg