TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Event in Tulsa???

mikeljgt500kr

Team Shelby / Shelby American

I don't believe it is a Team Shelby event any longer. It was for a few years but no longer. Still, a great event well worth attending.

Correct. Shelby American will have our trailer rig there so be sure to stop by and say hi to Gary & Sam. Also be sure to check out the Shelby Focus & Shelby Raptor.

Steve

Thanks, yes I saw that, but that is hardly a written standards detailed description for the judging process. like say NCRS has, and no judging sheets. I suspect this event is like the MCA and SAAC events where a few wise men (always the same ones) look at your car and decide something and tell you later, hardly transparent and certainly not objective and open. Kinda like the Damon Runyon character who is 7'10" and shots you dice games in his hat above your head, he tells you if you have won..... B)

Thanks, yes I saw that, but that is hardly a written standards detailed description for the judging process. like say NCRS has, and no judging sheets. I suspect this event is like the MCA and SAAC events where a few wise men (always the same ones) look at your car and decide something and tell you later, hardly transparent and certainly not objective and open. Kinda like the Damon Runyon character who is 7'10" and shots you dice games in his hat above your head, he tells you if you have won..... B)

MidAmerica is one of my favorite events. I go for the 3 days of track time. I actually put my Boss in the car show last year and won for my catagory I guess people liked the color and the Boss 302S rims plus the fact that I tore up the track on Thursday and Friday helped as well. I hate putting my cars in shows I would rather race them but it was fun to win my first and only trophey at Tulsa. I really wanted to go this year but skipped it because I didn't want to miss fathers day with my two girls this year. I highly recommend this event.

Your comments above are very strong unjustified suspicions, unless you have been there it doesn't make sense to make negative comments about something that you have had no prior experience with. It would be more credible to have atteneded this event and if these statements were facts then state them.

I make those comments about the lack of documentation and transparency in the Concours judging process about SAAC and MCA because I am familiar with that. I was just asking if this event is the same. I have inquired about the books and judging sheets at Mid-America, I have gotten blank stares (online and in emails) and no documentation as to how it works. That is what I base my comments on. If you or anyone else can point me to the documents, standards, and judging sheets available before you put your car into the Concours judging, I will retract it all, thanks. The People's Choice award beauty contest is clear, transparent, and understood, the rest is not at all.

OK, thanks but does Team Shelby sponsor it? Are Team Shelby and SAAC/MCA members invited? If so why is it not listed on the events pages here?

It was listed here on the forum sidebar under Shelby Events for quite awhile. If you have a Ford powered vehicle, you are welcome to attend this event.

My wife and I attended Mid America for the first time last year and had a blast. Really nice people, 800+ cars and 4 days of activities (3 of which allow you to drive the snot out of your car). Overall a great event. Fact is, the car is prepped and we are leaving tomorrow morning to drive down to Tulsa for the event.

Mark

MidAmerica is one of my favorite events. I go for the 3 days of track time. I actually put my Boss in the car show last year and won for my catagory I guess people liked the color and the Boss 302S rims plus the fact that I tore up the track on Thursday and Friday helped as well. I hate putting my cars in shows I would rather race them but it was fun to win my first and only trophey at Tulsa. I really wanted to go this year but skipped it because I didn't want to miss fathers day with my two girls this year. I highly recommend this event.

Hi Chad, I'm sorry to hear that you are not going this year. My wife and I are meeting John White Thursday morning to drive to the track. Even better is I managed to talk my wife into letting me play at Hallett for 3 days. Can't wait to try that track backwards.

Mark

Team Shelby / Shelby American

Correct. Shelby American will have our trailer rig there so be sure to stop by and say hi to Gary & Sam. Also be sure to check out the Shelby Focus & Shelby Raptor.

Steve

:headscratch: hmmmm that's funny, they will bring the trailer out to a non Team Shelby event, but they wouldn't bring it to the Team Shelby Grand National event..... oh wait this one's closer...... nevermind

Hi Chad, I'm sorry to hear that you are not going this year. My wife and I are meeting John White Thursday morning to drive to the track. Even better is I managed to talk my wife into letting me play at Hallett for 3 days. Can't wait to try that track backwards.

Mark

Saturday is the best. Less people and driving the track backwards is really cool.

Archived