TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS 600hp vs 725hp Packages

I would think so also. I'm guessing it's just a pulley and tune difference between the 2 packages.

Here's my thinking: If you can get 125hp out of just a pulley swap and a tune, then it must be seriously de-tuned at 600hp. Both packages will have to have the new CAI, so that won't be the difference, maybe the 725hp version is ported and polished. If you look at the KB kits, you have to go pretty extreme to pick up 125hp over their standard kit with the 3 1/4" pulley, run race gas and upgrade to the larger throttle body. If it is possible to gain 125hp with just a tune and a smaller pulley, this must be one bad blower!

So both packages include a different blower? My assumption was that the 600hp version used the stock blower and the 725hp version included a blower swap. This is totally my assumption based on what I have seen people getting from the mods they have performed.

a blower swap makes sense with that much additonal HP

So both packages include a different blower? My assumption was that the 600hp version used the stock blower and the 725hp version included a blower swap. This is totally my assumption based on what I have seen people getting from the mods they have performed.

I think the HP figures are just estimates. I've also read that the lower HP version is "over 600 HP". Both versions will have blower swaps. I was thinking that both were using the same blower, but I don't know for sure. Once SAI receives the new blower(s) from FRPP they will be running dyno tests and the results of which will likely be release with the pricing of the respective packakges.

Well in the email I got from SAI last week, it said that it was over 600 HP. So I have no idea by how much over they are thinking but a pulley swap and tune makes alot of sense considering that no one really knows what this TVS is going to do. I'm just guessing and I could be talking out of my :censored: Maybe I'm just hopeful as that would be alot cheaper then some of the other major work involved to get 725+ hp.

Well in the email I got from SAI last week, it said that it was over 600 HP. So I have no idea by how much over they are thinking but a pulley swap and tune makes alot of sense considering that no one really knows what this TVS is going to do. I'm just guessing and I could be talking out of my :censored: Maybe I'm just hopeful as that would be alot cheaper then some of the other major work involved to get 725+ hp.

I didn't even think about the pulley swap and tune on the stock blower. That would be very logical since all the numbers that are being thrown around are flywheel hp, not rear wheel. Very easy to get 600+ fwhp with just a smaller pulley and a tune. Then, if you want to go even more, you have the option of the new blower. This also make sense with the warranty issue. According to what I understand, FRPP is expressly saying that the new TVS will void the Ford warranty. I can see how SAI could stomach a 36 month warranty on a car with the stock blower, smaller pulley, and a tune. But, adding a new blower that is capable of much, much more knowing that some are going to definately see what it's limits are could be a warranty nightmare for SAI. I may be wrong, but I don't see them swaping the blower to acheive 600 fwhp. They could drop the price by $4000-5000 for the 600 hp customer, which would make it more affordable for more who more into the comestics of the package than the big hp numbers and offer the full-blown package for the utimate, performance minded customer. Win-win situation.

That's what I thought also. I figured the 600+ package would be pulley, intake and tune. The 725 package is the new TVS, intake and tune.

I already have the 2.6 pulley, intake and tune on my car. Doing reverse math :stats: I'm around 650 fwhp. Right in line with the 600+ package.

It´s My first post on this forum, but you may be interested in knowing that I am one of the first private persons outside Ford Racing to receive the Blower upgrade from the Super Snake.

It is the newly developed TVS2300 upgrade for the stock Eaton supercharger. You will find technical data on the Eaton homepage. The kit by Ford Racing will come with a new blower, CAI and fasteners, which I take from the installation instructions that I already have here. The difference between the 600 and the 725hp kit is mainly the pulley size and the tune and the warranty, which you will still have with the 600hp kit.

I am so desperate to receive these parts here, but customs here are working slowly.

It´s My first post on this forum, but you may be interested in knowing that I am one of the first private persons outside Ford Racing to receive the Blower upgrade from the Super Snake.

It is the newly developed TVS2300 upgrade for the stock Eaton supercharger. You will find technical data on the Eaton homepage. The kit by Ford Racing will come with a new blower, CAI and fasteners, which I take from the installation instructions that I already have here. The difference between the 600 and the 725hp kit is mainly the pulley size and the tune and the warranty, which you will still have with the 600hp kit.

I am so desperate to receive these parts here, but customs here are working slowly.

Welcome to the SU forum board Bandit012

Where are you from?

Can you post pics of this beast?

What is the size difference of the pulleys?

Hows the fuel mileage?

Have you put it on a dyno to see what RWHP is?

Bandit - I am really looking at this and the KB option and possibly the 2.9 whipple that is supposed to be coming out. I like everything I have heard about the TVS but it is all from the people with a vested interest in me buying it so it is taken with a grain of salt.

I'll be tossing the warranty out the window as I have headers and will want to push it well beyond the 600 range. Maybe even to about the 650-700 wHP range. I plan on taking a look at the rods this winter and perhaps doing a few other interior engine mods if time and $ allow. In anycase I would love to have your thoughts and experiences posted in this thread where we've been talking about the TVS for a while trying to get details on things as we are able:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=7163

Can't wait to hear what you think and learn more about the upside of this SC.

Bandit - I am really looking at this and the KB option and possibly the 2.9 whipple that is supposed to be coming out. I like everything I have heard about the TVS but it is all from the people with a vested interest in me buying it so it is taken with a grain of salt.

I'll be tossing the warranty out the window as I have headers and will want to push it well beyond the 600 range. Maybe even to about the 650-700 wHP range. I plan on taking a look at the rods this winter and perhaps doing a few other interior engine mods if time and $ allow. In anycase I would love to have your thoughts and experiences posted in this thread where we've been talking about the TVS for a while trying to get details on things as we are able:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=7163

Can't wait to hear what you think and learn more about the upside of this SC.

Iceman, if you are anything like me, it's not HP that is an issue. I could add allot more HP but without hooking up and driving correctly it would be a waste of income. I'm waiting for the new whipple and side by side comparison's between the TVS, KB, and Whipple all with the best they have to offer. In the mean time my money is working for me and I will learn to drive better.

Iceman, if you are anything like me, it's not HP that is an issue. I could add allot more HP but without hooking up and driving correctly it would be a waste of income. I'm waiting for the new whipple and side by side comparison's between the TVS, KB, and Whipple all with the best they have to offer. In the mean time my money is working for me and I will learn to drive better.

exactly right -

What i am spending is on things to help me with driving and traction. I have Captain Bob's 26" tires and rims in my garage now ready for my next trip to the track, I am replacing my accelorometer toy with a autometer boost gauge and will potentially go to a triple pod with a fuel pressure gauge when I swap the blowers....One plus with the TVS is it doesn't seem to require BAP's. I'm not a fan of those - I'd prefer just to upgrade the pumps/lines/rails or what ever is needed over the BAP's.

I too want to see the differences in each and have plenty of power for now....but I have to admitt - if I knew which i wanted I'd spend the money now to get it - I've promised myself nothing major until the weather gets bad though - I want to enjoy driving the car for a while and my stage 4 set up provides plenty of power.

I'd like to figure out what I want to do around the suspention before winter maybe - but can not decide on the set up or shocks other than i want adjustable and am kinda leaning to QA1 in the rear and the steeda coil over set up in front....not yet sure about rear springs/coil over/ etc. but growing fond of H&R products based on reading - I am sorta hopeful the eibach system for the KR will be good for me though - I'd love to thicken and strengthen the sway bars too.

Still lots of money to spend :) But power is still the most fun to spend it on.

exactly right -

What i am spending is on things to help me with driving and traction. I have Captain Bob's 26" tires and rims in my garage now ready for my next trip to the track, I am replacing my accelorometer toy with a autometer boost gauge and will potentially go to a triple pod with a fuel pressure gauge when I swap the blowers....One plus with the TVS is it doesn't seem to require BAP's. I'm not a fan of those - I'd prefer just to upgrade the pumps/lines/rails or what ever is needed over the BAP's.

I too want to see the differences in each and have plenty of power for now....but I have to admitt - if I knew which i wanted I'd spend the money now to get it - I've promised myself nothing major until the weather gets bad though - I want to enjoy driving the car for a while and my stage 4 set up provides plenty of power.

I'd like to figure out what I want to do around the suspention before winter maybe - but can not decide on the set up or shocks other than i want adjustable and am kinda leaning to QA1 in the rear and the steeda coil over set up in front....not yet sure about rear springs/coil over/ etc. but growing fond of H&R products based on reading - I am sorta hopeful the eibach system for the KR will be good for me though - I'd love to thicken and strengthen the sway bars too.

Still lots of money to spend :) But power is still the most fun to spend it on.

I have the trigger cocked on a set of Stocker Star's.

Welcome to the SU forum board Bandit012

Where are you from?

Can you post pics of this beast?

What is the size difference of the pulleys?

Hows the fuel mileage?

Have you put it on a dyno to see what RWHP is?

1.) I am from Germany and do not have a speed limit :D

2.) I will post pictures, but the parts are not installed yet and I do not know how to post pictures

3.) It is hard to find a dyno here in Germany, even with JLT intake and a tune from VMP it is too powerful for the normal dynos here in Germany. I found somebody with a dyno for trucks, maybe that one will hold.

4.) I will keep you informed when the parts are installed

Archived