TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Clutch Failed after 600 miles, no racing

FoMoGo

Has anyone failed the updated clutch after having it installed? Pedal is hard to push in and clutch is slipping worse that before...I am concerned that the pedal is harder to push in...because even if the discs are bad, the pressure plate shouldn't have changed???

• 2 weeks later...

If you installed all new Ford components (check Grabbers parts list), then I would suspect the installer did something incorrectly. My 2010 clutch install has been the best money I have spent on the car.

Yes. B)

Has anyone failed the updated clutch after having it installed? Pedal is hard to push in and clutch is slipping worse that before...I am concerned that the pedal is harder to push in...because even if the discs are bad, the pressure plate shouldn't have changed???

There is a inspection hole at 6 o'clock in the bell housing. Look to see if the pressure plate bolts haven't backed out. That's the only think I can think of off hand that would cause those symptoms in such a short time.

Phill

• 2 weeks later...

Phill,

I'm trying to send you a PM but your box is full. Wanted to ask you the following:

I'm looking into replacing my OEM clutch with the '10 clutch assy as outlined in TSB 10-3-8. Can you recommend a Ford dealer in Denver or C.S. that can be trusted to do this specific work? Or private auto shop?

Hope all is well.

Send me a PM.

Sorry for the hijack OP.

Cheers,

Ray

Moncho,

TS membership expired and I have to renew before PM's can be used.

Ping me at phill.pollard@comcast.net for direct connection.

Phill

Heck, my clutch was bad when I got my new SGT in 2007, replaced immediately under warranty and no problems since.

^Phill - email sent.

Cheers,

Ray

Haven't seen it yet, will keep a eye open for it.

Phill

Archived