TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fuel filter cover - absent?

I changed the fuel filter on my '06 and was prepared to find a cover I needed to remove to access the filter. My car does not have one - the fuel filter is right there with nothing in the way to access it. Is this normal? I thought the S197 Mustangs had a cover - perhaps it was removed by Shelby to help access something during the conversion?

What is the purpose of this cover? I'm guessing it's sort of a skid plate to protect the fuel lines from under car damage/leaking/explosion?? Is it necessary?

• 4 weeks later...

Mine has a rather long plastic shroud on the drivers sides that covers the filter and the fuel lines. As a matter of fact, I replaced it not long ago because it was kind of torn up from being rubbed a few times due to the low stance of the car. You can get one from any Ford dealer...although they may have to order it or get it from another dealer if they don't have one in stock.

My wifes 08 SGT-C has one. It has been torn a little. I'm going to replace it. May check a wrecking yard. Woiuld be cheaper than ordering a new one from Ford.

06H0050 has one. part number on the cover is 4R33-9E313-AD

Here are a couple of pictures and its on the drivers side. Sorry I did not place the car on ramps so pictures are the best I could do. Hope this helps

Fuel cover 2.JPG

Fuel filter cover.JPG

Fuel cover 2.JPG

Fuel filter cover.JPG

Archived