TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Newbie from France with his young Eleanor: a 2007 shelby GT500

jpc42

Hi everybody beerchug.gif

i'm happy to join the community

i'm Jerome from France, and i'll be 40 in few days

first i'll try to not do lot of mistake when i'll write, but excuse my english.

I've just bought 2 month ago my first american car : a 2007 Shelby GT500 vista blue with white stripes, and it's my favorite color.

Here in France, mustang were NEVER imported, so it's difficult to have one here, and very rare to find a GT500 (about 40 or 50 cars 07-09 in France).

we have to add 30% to the price and after we have to make the approval for be road legal, so the price is about X2 versus the US price.

My car was sell in the USA in 2007 and after was sell to a woman in france in 2008, and juste after i bought the car in March 2013.

caroll shelby sign it on the dash (with a certificate of authenticity). i have a shaker1000, 2 strps and sign caroll shelby on floor matt etc...

Before, i was running during 5 years the opposite: a lotus Elise mk1 700kg check and 160RWHP on the dyno, lot of short track with her.

and before with a classic 911.

So it's my first american car, because after 4 times in holidays (2005 road trip west and south Florida-2007 road trip east and south florida -2010 road trip california, arizona,nevada,utah-2012 NYC) in the USA, always want one...

here in France it's another way of life, and the gaz is also X2 for the price about 2$ a litter so around 7$ a gallon)

Why a Shelby?? it was difficult after try a GT500 and a 2012 camaro SS, but the engine is really great, and i sold my elise because not possible to use it unstead my daughter arrive in my life, so ii need a 4 seats.

Now after 1500 miles i really have NO REGRETS!!! i enjoy it, my wife too, and it mahe my 2 years old daughter laught at each acceleration!!

Wish, i'll find here lot of information

just some photos:

sam0092l.jpg

sam0090pq.jpg

sam0095e.jpg

sam0096j.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwWUnLHNT0Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0rQzW0THmw

562400_10200091273498759_922066009_n.jpg

7b513c249038061.jpg 92ddf3249038116.jpg d3fdaf249038191.jpg 8cb640249038247.jpg 297124249038320.jpg 0290ac249038361.jpg 4e0a5c249038427.jpg cdc3ae249038466.jpg 39e9a2249038505.jpg

13826b249038538.jpg

3 weeks ago, i've received my km/h USSPEEDO

Mustang%20SVT%20kmh.jpg

Last week i put this on:

p1010139t.jpg

p1010138g.jpg

p1010140hj.jpg

shelby rear caliper cover before

http://imageshack.us.../p1010137cv.jpg

http://imageshack.us.../p1010135yb.jpg

shelby rear caliper cover after

http://imageshack.us...7/p1010134o.jpg

http://imageshack.us.../p1010136tf.jpg

But i'll still waiting a big order from USA until 2 month (lot of shelby parts from the shelby store)

I'll enjoy to read all the thread here.

as you can ear on the video post upper, the exhaust is not OEM, this is Magnaflow Magnapack Catback Exhaust fit by the french woman owner who have the car before me Magnaflow Mustang Magnapack Catback Exhaust (05-09 GT; 07-09 GT500) 15883 - Free Shipping!

lot of goodies i'm waiting for, only 2 are missing before the package is complete and can be ship to France.

the 2 missings items are 2 rear floor matts and the shelby dash plate with my VIN number

07-09 Shelby GT500 Dash Plaque 05-10 Shelby GT500 Signed Dash Plaque & Sill Plate Kit [KIT-SP-DPGT500] - $89.99 : Shelby Performance Parts Discounted by Champion Mustang, Shelby Parts, Shelby GT500 Parts, Shelby Super Snake, Shelby Apparel, Shelby GT

and

05-13 Shelby/Mustang Rear Seat Floor Mat Set 05-11 Shelby/Mustang Rear Seat Floor Mat Set [Z4-2] - $24.99 : Shelby Performance Parts Discounted by Champion Mustang, Shelby Parts, Shelby GT500 Parts, Shelby Super Snake, Shelby Apparel, Shelby GT500 Sh

already ready to be ship there is outside the car

-clear (white) bumper signal not orderred at championmustang

-clear (white) rear side (not sure of the name, the position signal on the side on the rear bumper) not orderred at championmustang

-satin base cover antenna 05-09 Mustang Antenna Base Cover, Satin 05-09 Mustang Antenna Base Cover, Satin [5R3Z-18A927-AL / 5R3Z-18A927] - $10.95 : Shelby Performance Parts Discounted by Champion Mustang, Shelby Parts, Shelby GT500 Parts, Shelby Super Snake, Shelby Apparel, S

-satin short antenna 1979-2009 Ford Mustang Billet 3.5" Shorty Antenna - UPR Products

and inside the car

from UPR

- satin windows switch plates cover 05-09 Mustang Billet Hardtop Window Switch Plates

- satin lock switch covers 05-13 Ford Mustang Billet Satin Lock Switch Covers - UPR Products

- satin mirror control and bezel 05-09 Mustang Designer Mirror Control Knob & Bezel

from mustangchampion

- blue/white stripes shift knob 07-13 Shelby GT500 Shift Knob, Blue w/ White Stripes [s7M-7213-C-B/W] - $68.99 : Shelby Performance Parts Discounted by Champion Mustang, Shelby Parts, Shelby GT500 Parts, Shelby Super Snake, Shelby Apparel, Shelby GT500 Shirts, Shelby GT500 Hats, Sh

- shift boot retainer black anodized 05-09 Mustang Shift Boot Retainer, Billet Aluminum, Black Anodized 05-09 Shift Boot Retainer, Black Anodized [5R3Z-7213-BRBK] - $11.99 : Shelby Performance Parts Discounted by Champion Mustang, Shelby Parts, Shelby GT500 Parts, Shelby Super Snake, Sh

- shelby map light 05-09 Shelby Map Light Accents, w/ Active Anti-Theft, Stamped Aluminum 05-09 Shelby Map Light Accents, w/ Active Anti-Theft, Stamped Aluminum [5S3Z-63519A70-B / 5S3Z-63519A70] - $29.95 : Shelby Performance Parts Discounted by Champion Mustang, Shelby

- satin door lock grommets 05-14 Mustang Door Lock Grommet Covers, Satin, Pair 05-09 Mustang Door Lock Grommet Covers, Satin, Pair [5R3Z-6322050/1A / 5R3Z-6322050_1A] - $14.95 : Shelby Performance Parts Discounted by Champion Mustang, Shelby Parts, Shelby GT500 Parts, Shelby S

- satin door lock knobs 05-14 Mustang Door Lock Grommet Covers, Satin, Pair 05-09 Mustang Door Lock Grommet Covers, Satin, Pair [5R3Z-6322050/1A / 5R3Z-6322050_1A] - $14.95 : Shelby Performance Parts Discounted by Champion Mustang, Shelby Parts, Shelby GT500 Parts, Shelby S

I've ask a french friend who is working in the USA to order for me in each eshop, and when he'll have received all the orders, he ship it to me in france in the same package, and for the moment stil the 2 missing goodies from mustangchampion until 6 or 7 weeks!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 Weeks ago:

My daughter help me putting her toy in the car before going fews days in the south for holidays

sam0136hk.jpg

a stop during the travel to see all around

sam0137g.jpg

sam0140zx.jpg

a stop on a parking track in Alès

sam0147a.jpg

sam0146i.jpg

my wife driving the shelby and my friend's wife passenger, for taking the photo i'm passenger inside my friend jeep SRT8

sam0155wf.jpg

a stop in a french restaurant fast fod, but with a american inspiration

sam0165q.jpg

With the km/h speedo instal last week:

sam0220l.jpg

sam0222x.jpg

i really take my time to do it, and i take me about less than 1 hour. now i think i'm able to do it in 30 40 minutes...

i check the speed read on the speedo with 2 different navi system GPS

and it's really excellent!!!!

at 50km/h speedo in city i'm 50/51 GPS TOM TOM

on motorway at 90km/h speedo i'm 90 91 gps

at 110 speedo i'm 109 110 gps

at 130 speedo i'm 128 129 gps

at 160 speedo i'm 158 159 gps

at 180 speedo i'm 178 179 gps (180km/h is about 110 miles/h)

i didn't test over, because there is somes cars on the motorway, and i want to safe my driving license with the police, i'll try another day to touch the 150 m/h, somewhere else lol

also, I have the name of the first owner, i'll like to find him, and exchange pic and all about my lovely car. i don't know how to find him, if someone can help me :worship:

best regards (sorry for my bad english) after a long time to write this thread i'm going to drink lot of water...

Jerome

France

Welcome and bonjour to the Team Shelby family Jerome

Thanx for the awesome pix...keep them coming!

There were a bunch of us that had a most epic European adventure with our Shelbys last summer, below is a link to some really cool pix.

http://s968.photobucket.com/user/cali_kr/library/Shelby%20Run%20Europe%202012?sort=3&page=1

Tom

Welcome to Team Shelby! I think that's the best introductory post I have seen. Beautiful car; great to see your having such good times with it. My daughter really enjoys my Shelby too!

Welcome to Team Shelby Jerome and congrats on getting your GT500. I love the photo of your little girl loading her toys in the car. Having the whole family enjoying the car is the way to go.

The folks in France sure do love these Shelby's. We always had a crowd around our cars, taking photos during the Shelby Run Europe event last year.

Hi Guys...

thanks for your welcome

of course in france here it's really special to have such a car, but i love drive different (just before i was running a Lotus elise Mk1 with a lot upgrades!!)

I'm sure i'll find a excellent community, and lots of information about mustang and specially shelby's if i want to put my hand in!!

Congratulations and welcome to TS! What a car to have in such a great country like France. There are lots of knowledgeable folks here that can help you along the way. But from the looks of it you seem to know exactly what you want with all the goodies you have ordered. Best of luck with your Shelby GT500 and thanks for sharing the pictures and your initial thoughts of your new ride.

Welcome to Team Shelby! I think that's the best introductory post I have seen. Beautiful car; great to see your having such good times with it. My daughter really enjoys my Shelby too!

+1

But from the looks of it you seem to know exactly what you want with all the goodies you have ordered.

yes but it's just a beginning...

in few month, when my cash money will grew up again, just bought the car (the différence here is i buy alwalys cash, never use credit in a bank except for the house) , i'll go a serious upgrade, and that for what i'll ask for...probably a JLT intake with tune, but where is the best?? another one ford racing, C&L?

also i will look for suspension...not sure what to choose...and upgrade brakes (cooling kit with bezels i still dont know if i go on the ford racing with shelby or jlt bezels, or if i go on the JLT kit, and of course SS brakes lines with motul rbf600)

i'll ask when it will be the good time ;)

Welcome!

Nice car Jerome, and it looks like your are already well into modding up your Shelby too.

High horsepower cars are always fun, but add a bunch of torque to them and they are a whole different animal.

As for possible future mods, here are a couple of excellent bang for the buck (good value) mods you might want to consider.

Heavy duty strut tower brace, way stronger than the oem one:

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/m-20201-c.htm

Shelby version of the Ford Racing Axle cover / girdle

http://www.shelbystore.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=axle+girdle&Submit=Search

VMP power packages, went with the first one myself:

http://vmptuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=1231

If you prefer a JLT CAI, this might be the way you would want to go:

http://vmptuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=1221

If you do want to go for a smaller upper pulley, don't forget to get this too:

http://vmptuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=1392

Just helped a buddy put the C&L power package on his car, and it put a big smile on his face.

I am guessing it probably had something to do with the extra 130HP it added to an already quick car :)

i really worry, like a child with a broken toy, or a toy who does not work... :shrug:

i receive my shift knob http://www.championm...pes-p-5533.html but the adaptator are missing :banghead:

Each shift knob comes with three different adapters to allow fitment on these shift lever thread patterns, 10mm x 1.25" (2010+), 12mm x 1.25" (2007-2009), 12mm x 1.75" (Shelby Shifter). so impossible to fit...

i don't know what to do, and worry to wait 2 month again, and pay again the shipping...

do you think i shoud contact them? the adaptator wil probably cost less than the shipping but there are not sale separatly, did not find them on the website

Definitely contact them, and there is no way that you should have to pay for shipping.

It cleary states in the product discription:

"Each shift knob comes with three different adapters to allow fitment on these shift lever thread patterns, 10mm x 1.25" (2010+), 12mm x 1.25" (2007-2009), 12mm x 1.75" (Shelby Shifter)."

The fact that you are overseas is irrelevant, it is up to them to follow through with what they advertize.

As for the delay, for something small and light like those adapters, they should be able to get to you fairly quickly.

It is the least they could do for a good customer.

I agree 100% with you, but what are they going to do???

they received a message about that yesterday evening, i'm still waiting their answer (also about my dash plaque)...the problem is i've ask a friend who's living in Savannah to order for me (in different shop too) and he receive and after he group all my items and send me ONE only package

i was looking for order other thing but i'll wait , and change my plan and buy with another shop if they does not have the good and fast solution

so only have to wait...

Great looking car. Beautiful pictures!

I have stopped ordering from Champion. They can be a bit misleading in their descriptions. I am sure they are fine for others, just not me any longer. I would ask them to send the adapters to you. You may have to send more than one message to get a response.

If you have difficulty getting a response, Speed Dawg has a reasonably priced kit here:

https://speeddawg.com/shift-knob-adapters/metric-shift-knob-adapter-kit-6

My experience is they ship quickly within the US, not sure how long for Europe though.

I hope it all works out.

Welcome to TS and congrats on your beautiful car!! I very much enjoyed your descriptions, pictures and photos! You can register with Shelby American's registry at the link in my signature below as the new owner. Enjoy. David

hi everybody, back to give you some news

I have stopped ordering from Champion. They can be a bit misleading in their descriptions. I am sure they are fine for others, just not me any longer. I would ask them to send the adapters to you. You may have to send more than one message to get a response.

If you have difficulty getting a response, Speed Dawg has a reasonably priced kit here:

https://speeddawg.co...b-adapter-kit-6

My experience is they ship quickly within the US, not sure how long for Europe though.

i worry i'm still waiting a reply from championmustang, so it's not really serious . :redcard:

thanks for the link, but as i can see they ship in USA or canada only, so i've ordered one in UK, i'll probably receive monday or tuesday

You can register with Shelby American's registry at the link in my signature below as the new owner. Enjoy. David

i'll do it soon, when i'll have some time at home, until a long time i'm busy at work

Archived