TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS options

I think it will be interesting to see what SAI will let us delete from package and still have an SS. I for one, do not want FRPP exhaust, Hurst Shifter, 3.73's, FRPP CAI, and I think the stock GT500 stripes look better. I'm leaning very hard towards waiting to install the TVS myself with my JLT CAI and new tune. I like the stock hood too.

I think it will be interesting to see what SAI will let us delete from package and still have an SS. I for one, do not want FRPP exhaust, Hurst Shifter, 3.73's, FRPP CAI, and I think the stock GT500 stripes look better. I'm leaning very hard towards waiting to install the TVS myself with my JLT CAI and new tune. I like the stock hood too.

and then you have guys like me that have their stock stripe scheme PAINTED on! I can see rubbing these off to install triple-striped TAPE!!!!

bj

Ther will be a world of options for Shelby performance parts. But, the package is the package. If anything is missing, it is not a Suoer Snake.

KingCobra.

Another jumping off the fence !

There will possibly be a considerable amount of people that will not be interested in a lot of the Super Snake Package because of the cost and because they already modified their GT500. I prefer the GT500 stripes to the Super Snake triple stripes. I also like how the KR stripes stop short of the front edge of the hood. It makes it easier to read the SHELBY lettering placed on that front edge area. I like the uncluttered look of the KR hood striping because of that reason.

Well....what if someone has certain minor items that are already included in the Super Snake package... like FRPP exhaust and handling pack or have similar alternatives (i.e. Corsa or Eibach). Are they going to charge them twice? I think they should do like Dinan does with BMW's. They have certain signature series. Each part upgrade is assigned a point value. Each Signature Series needs a certain number of cumulative points from the part upgrades to receive the designation. In this instance they could stipulate that in order to be called a Super Snake you need 30 points. The supercharger upgrade can be 12 points, Baer brakes 4, FRPP CAI 2, FRPP cat-back 2, FRPP handling pack 3, ALCOA Wheels 5, brake ducts 2, SS appearance package 4, gears/shifter 2, CF hood 3. The point system can be created to force people to get an item like the supercharger which is an integral part of the package.

I wonder if Amy has any thoughts on this idea.....

Tom

Well....what if someone has certain minor items that are already included in the Super Snake package... like FRPP exhaust and handling pack or have similar alternatives (i.e. Corsa or Eibach). Are they going to charge them twice? I think they should do like Dinan does with BMW's. They have certain signature series. Each part upgrade is assigned a point value. Each Signature Series needs a certain number of cumulative points from the part upgrades to receive the designation. In this instance they could stipulate that in order to be called a Super Snake you need 30 points. The supercharger upgrade can be 12 points, Baer brakes 4, FRPP CAI 2, FRPP cat-back 2, FRPP handling pack 3, ALCOA Wheels 5, brake ducts 2, SS appearance package 4, gears/shifter 2, CF hood 3. The point system can be created to force people to get an item like the supercharger which is an integral part of the package.

I wonder if Amy has any thoughts on this idea.....

Tom

This is a very good idea. I would be interested if this is how it would work.

Archived