TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW! Shelby Performance Parts Mechanic's Shirts!

Jer

NEW! Shelby Mechanic's Shirts! Big sizes available too! http://www.shelbysto...oductCode=SWS-1

Are they dark blue or black?

I sure do wish they were the light blue style. They'd make a good "Team Uniform" shirt for racing/show events but the sun out here in CO would kill me in dark colors.

I couldn't tell by the small pics but I see they are button-up (not button-up collar). Any plans for light blue? I wore the dark blue in the field but the light blue when I started teaching.

Phill

Are they dark blue or black?

I sure do wish they were the light blue style. They'd make a good "Team Uniform" shirt for racing/show events but the sun out here in CO would kill me in dark colors.

I couldn't tell by the small pics but I see they are button-up (not button-up collar). Any plans for light blue? I wore the dark blue in the field but the light blue when I started teaching.

Phill

It says available in Charcoal or Black... I can't understand why no Blue

These are for working on your car and getting dirty. Not for shows. We've got PLENTY of other shirts for that. Jer

These are for working on your car and getting dirty. Not for shows. We've got PLENTY of other shirts for that. Jer

Yeah, both of my BLUE ones (light AND dark blue) were for working on cars too.

They were my uniform shirts, bought by me and maintained by Mission Linen Supply in Monterey CA.

Phill

I guess I'm just cheap. I wouldn't pay $40.00 for a dress shirt much less for a shirt to work on my car. I have plenty of old tee shirts for that! :shrug:

Doug me and you both LOL! I like the shirt, but I'd only wear it to car shows or racing events.

Well, this is a Shelby Performance PARTS shirt, so the "work shirt" fit that approach and vibe. You don't HAVE to work on your car, no obligation there <grin>. Phill, I understand what you're saying about colors, our Production department wears lighter striped ones. This is something we haven't done before, and I like to offer new things... we just start with a few and ramp up if there's interest. I'll make more colors if the product develops. Just testing the waters, as they say. Jer

I guess I'm just cheap. I wouldn't pay $40.00 for a dress shirt much less for a shirt to work on my car. I have plenty of old tee shirts for that! :shrug:

You guys must think I'm an idiot then, my average dress shirts costs $80.00. Of course I have to wear a suit and tie every day but it is what it is. Maybe if I spent less money on shirts I could buy more parts for the Shelby from Jer, right? ;)

You guys must think I'm an idiot then, my average dress shirts costs $80.00. Of course I have to wear a suit and tie every day but it is what it is. Maybe if I spent less money on shirts I could buy more parts for the Shelby from Jer, right? ;)

LOL... Well, in the scheme of things, a button-down Shelby shirt for $40 (especially made on a name brand garment) is an excellent price point. Jer

LOL... Well, in the scheme of things, a button-down Shelby shirt for $40 (especially made on a name brand garment) is an excellent price point. Jer

Do they have cotton in them or are they synthetic?

Clothing with cotton in it will get ate up by battery acid (blue jeans are a good example).

"True" work clothes are batt. acid resistant. Polyester maybe? (I'll check my work jacket, which I still have).

Phill

I guess so! I have to wear a shirt and tie everyday myself. But to each his own!

Thanks Jer for bringing on new ideas!

This shirt is 60% polyester and 35% cotton

This shirt is 60% polyester and 35% cotton

I just checked my work jacket, made by Dickies.

From the worn label, I can see 65% & 35% cotton. It looks like some long word INCLUDING polyester...Polyfillpolyester<something>, or something like that.

I know it's impervious to batt. acid so I'm assuming your work shirts are too. Well, I've never poured electrolyte right on it but the residue from batteries never touched it, or my work shirts/pants (or coveralls).

Phill

40 bucks isn't really all that bad for a decent work shirt, including a logo patch.

Actually, that sounds pretty reasonable to me.

I probably paid damn near that much for each of mine and I bought 11 of them...5 dirty, 5 clean and 1 to wear between pick up.

Mine came with a custom embroidered name tag on it because apparently, the name Phill with 2 L's is not real common. And that was way back in about 1983-85.

Phill

40 bucks isn't really all that bad for a decent work shirt, including a logo patch.

Actually, that sounds pretty reasonable to me.

I probably paid damn near that much for each of mine and I bought 11 of them...5 dirty, 5 clean and 1 to wear between pick up.

Mine came with a custom embroidered name tag on it because apparently, the name Phill with 2 L's is not real common. And that was way back in about 1983-85.

Phill

BTW, it's not a patch, it's direct-embroidered, and very nice, plus the screened logo on the back. Jer

I clicked on the front and back views and liked what I saw so I will be ordering one.

Jer, do these run a tad larger than the sizes shown when wearing them like this one I have?

http://www.shelbysto...ct-p/ws-293.htm

Yes, they run at or above normal sizing. Not "slim-fit" by any means! Jer

If you are an idiot, then I must be a darwin award winner.

BTW, it's not a patch, it's direct-embroidered, and very nice, plus the screened logo on the back. Jer

So the back is not embroidered? Its basically iron on....thats what screened logo basically is. Hmmmm....I was wanting a Charcoal one. Not so sure now.

I just reread the info on it....missed that the first time!!

I sell shirts that have the logos of my indoor football team on them.

I'd say that to embroider a logo that size on the back of this shirt would add 10 dollars to the price.

And if your profession requires the $80 shirt, tie and suit, then the $80 dress shirt is justified in the salary....just saying......

So the back is not embroidered? Its basically iron on....thats what screened logo basically is. Hmmmm....I was wanting a Charcoal one. Not so sure now.

I just reread the info on it....missed that the first time!!

The back logo is screenprinted, looks great, and is durable. Embroidering large back logos makes the shirt stiffer on the shoulder blades, always drives me nuts. Jer

So the back is not embroidered? Its basically iron on....thats what screened logo basically is. Hmmmm...

Silk screen is MUCH different than iron on.

I've done a lot of silk screening in my youth and it's much more durable than any iron on patch. Silk screening applies the paint directly to the surface of the material, iron on applies it with hot melt glue.

Most tees are silk screened. I have Harley-Davidson tees, NASCAR tees (etc) well over 10-15 years old that still have the print on them. Some of them are crackeled, but still on none the less.

Phill

• 3 weeks later...

I received my shirts today, a black one and a charcoal one.

They look great.

They were heat sealed in plastic and airtight, maybe watertight, I don't know.

Archived