TEAM SHELBY FORUM

E85 pros and cons?

super hiss

E85 results in higher food prices and an increase in world hunger.

As respects domestic food production / consumption using corn as a basic ingredient, this is inescapably TRUE !

Just wondering - have your food prices crashed and has world hunger vanished?

'Cause the price of corn has dropped by 50% in the last 5 quarters. :ohsnap::stirpot:

I run E85 on my 07 GT500 and love it.

Sure mileage about 20% worse ... but the cost of E85 being 20-30% cheaper (at least in MN) makes up for it.

I'm running a Kenne Bell 2.8 at about 750rwhp with stock fuel system is running about 95% capacity though with 90lb injectors.

With E85 running cooler and the higher octane you don't have to pull timing and my car seems to run stronger for longer.

One gotcha though is that I burned out my CATs, so currently have none on the car.

I've heard that could be due to running E85 but not sure.

That's good shit, but what do you mean by 95% capacity? What psi is your blower? Did you put a 10% damper on there as well? And looks like ill but a o/r h pipe to spare my green cell cats and use em for emissions

I run E85 on my 07 GT500 and love it.

Sure mileage about 20% worse ... but the cost of E85 being 20-30% cheaper (at least in MN) makes up for it.

I'm running a Kenne Bell 2.8 at about 750rwhp with stock fuel system is running about 95% capacity though with 90lb injectors.

With E85 running cooler and the higher octane you don't have to pull timing and my car seems to run stronger for longer.

One gotcha though is that I burned out my CATs, so currently have none on the car.

I've heard that could be due to running E85 but not sure.

You're lucky that your E85 fuel is cheaper. That certainly is not the case here. When looking at alternate fuels, people have to stop looking at Miles Per Gallon (MPG) and instead look at operating cost measured in Cents Per Mile. If an alternate fuel gives you 100MPG at 10000 times the cost of gasoline it looks good on the first part but fails on the second. That is why diesel (in the US) is starting to make less and less sense, and why E85 doesn't work in most areas. Similarly, even if the MPG and $/m were good, if the service cost required you to replace mechanical parts for thousands of dollars every time you did an oil change you would be fooled into thinking you were getting a deal. Yes, at the front end it looks appealing but after all is said and done, not necessarily so.

I'm well aware of the availability of e85, consumption and potency. It's good shit. Especially if they only have 91 octane where I'm at. I'm trying to figure out about this 90 lbs injectors he's running and how much psi. I'm trying to elevate a 1.3k$ fuel system

Archived