TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Wide-body kit offers retro-inspired design to modify vehicles

Shelby Wide-body kit offers retro-inspired design to modify vehicles

Detroit News

When Shelby died last spring, Ford and Shelby American worked together on a tribute vehicle, a special Shelby GTR500 Cobra Mustang — Guardsman Blue with Wimbledon White racing stripes — that was unveiled as part of the big Shelby celebration last summer on California’s Monterey Peninsula.

Among other special parts, that car featured a then-unique and Shelby American-designed “wide-body” kit with fenders flared to broaden the car’s stance and to cover wider wheels and tires.

• 2 weeks later...

Took mine out for a spin with the wife...best moment was the wife in a vette oogling as they drove by us, lol

I can't wait to see your supersnake in person. I am going to Brainerd on Monday June 24th if you have time you should meet me up there.

I wonder what the wide body kit would look like on a 08 SGT Vert?

It looks amazing on verts, and amazing on Shelby GTs, so I'm gonna guess "double amazing"? LOL...

Jer

I can't wait to see your supersnake in person. I am going to Brainerd on Monday June 24th if you have time you should meet me up there.

Damn!!! I have to go to hotlanta next week for business.....we will meet up at some point this summer for sure! The car is not slated to be on a truck back to the midwest for a couple more weeks, so it would not have worked out regardless....

Damn! Too bad Shelby American wasn't "representin" at the "1st Inaugural Team Shelby Grand Nationals"

in Carlisle last week.

I was really looking forward to seeing the widebody on both bodystyles. :shrug:

I just love it on my GT350 'vert. But knowing how long it takes, and how much body skill and experience from the craftsmen, I would be very worried having just anybody doing this job.

Sweet.... I didn't know you had a wide body kit on your GT350. Your car is beyond super cool. I agree I wouldn't trust anybody else to do it other than Shelby. I think I am going to start saving for the wide body kit.

Thanks, I think mine is the only one on a GT350 'vert (or maybe any GT350?) so far. I does catch people's attention. I am taking it to a Make-A-Wish charity car show this weekend, I'm sure nobody there has ever seen a new GT350, much less one like mine, should be interesting. Guess I better be ready to talk all day about it.

I have seen the widebody on the 11 or 12 GT350. It was white with blue stripes. Looks amazing!!! Sorry didn't get a rear shot but it was with the unique taillights not the 13's.

GT350widebody_zpse64e00ab.jpg

Thejmasterslim: Your Widebody Supersnake is just pure sexiness!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived