TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wilwood Brake limitations on wheel size etc

NMAv

I know there are some limits on what wheels you can run with the Shelby Extreme brakes. Does anyone know what the limits on for the Wilwoods? I've got a 2011 with the performance package - 19s front, 20s rear and I'm wondering if I will need to change out my wheels or if the Wilwoods will work with this combo. I do not see a Wilwood template on the SPP site.

I did this conversion on my 2012 GT500 with the Pperformance Package. You do not need to change your wheels. The front calipers have a bit more clearance than the stock Brembos and the rears are fine. You must disassemble and reassemble the rear axles to complete conversion. The rear sway bar may need the ends slightly shaved for extra clearance from the rear rotors. The extra effort is most definitely worth it. I have pics for you if needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry posting late...was out of town. There is a noticeable difference in stopping performance. There is no brake . very happy with the conversion.squealing and dust is virtually eliminated.

"There is no brake dust or is virtually eliminated". " Very happy with the conversion". Should have read in the above reply..

Archived