TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can't Fuel the Shelby

Mine still does this now and then. Lately I've been filling it with the pump handle at the 9 o'clock position and look like a spazz.

I haven't taken it to the dealer as I prefer to avoid them with this car. Is there a part that can be swapped at home?

Can you get up under the rear of the car to inspect the vapor line? It goes over the axle on the right side and can melt on the exhaust pipe. The filler is damn near impossible to see but you CAN see part of it on the left/drivers side.

Phill

Can you get up under the rear of the car to inspect the vapor line? It goes over the axle on the right side and can melt on the exhaust pipe. The filler is damn near impossible to see but you CAN see part of it on the left/drivers side.

Phill

I will check it all out next time I get the car on jackstands.

Hi Rob,

I went to a car show last Saturday and you could have knocked me down with a feather, but there was a sliver Super Snake the same as mine except mine being Black!!! Talk about wearing the same dress to the formal!! There are a few good sites for cars, and there is a few well priced cars around at the moment.

Try these: www.fordmusclecars.com.au

and : www.australianmusclecarsales.com.au

I hope that helps mate.

Trav.

Hi Rob,

I went to a car show last Saturday and you could have knocked me down with a feather, but there was a sliver Super Snake the same as mine except mine being Black!!! Talk about wearing the same dress to the formal!! There are a few good sites for cars, and there is a few well priced cars around at the moment.

Try these: www.fordmusclecars.com.au

and : www.australianmusclecarsales.com.au

I hope that helps mate.

Trav.

Thanks for the links, i will see what they have, Rob

• 8 months later...

Looked up some TSBs on the issue. It looks like TSB 07-21-12 supercedes all the previous ones.

http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/tsb05-14/tsb07-21-12.pdf

The TSB basically states to go to another gas station. I was hoping there would be a proper fix outlined so I could take it to my dealer and get it resolved finally.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the exact same issue with my 08 vert. The fix was easy. Jack the rear up, put on stands. Check both vent lines coming out of the gas take to the purge valve just about the pumpkin. I found my passenger side melted right near the exhaust. It was melted behind the heat shield. Remove the offending hose. Go to the parts store, get a new hose, I had to dig a bit in the stock but you will need oil and gas approved hose. Once you have it, get some heat shielding as well. Put it to back together with the new hose and shielding. Use some zip ties to hold the vent away from the exhaust. Problem solved. Mine was so bad I could not put more than 5 gallons in it. Talk about a PITA! Good luck.

Archived