TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CS6 Grill Install

arispoli

I have a 2008 Shelby GT and love the look of the CS6 grill. Sites carrying the grill state that you must modify the V6 grill to install. What about the billet grill on the Shelby GT? Will the CS6 grill fit in the Shelby GT grill housing without mods? If not what mods have to be done to the Shelby GT grill housing?

Don't know about the 2008 grill but the 2007 Shelby GT grill housing required cutting out certain areas. I just bought a new grill housing instead.

I have a 2008 Shelby GT and love the look of the CS6 grill. Sites carrying the grill state that you must modify the V6 grill to install. What about the billet grill on the Shelby GT? Will the CS6 grill fit in the Shelby GT grill housing without mods? If not what mods have to be done to the Shelby GT grill housing?

Hi,

This may sound a little confusing, but I will try to explain it :) The CS6 grille from a V6 stang will NOT fit a V8 GT front fascia. The grille assembly ("CS6") is too small. You would have to purchase/find a "CS6" looking type grille assembly that was made for a V8/GT front fascia. That grille assembly is a bit bigger. TS used to sell (they still may) a "CS6" type grille assembly that will fit the GT front fascia. When it was sold, it was assembled and all you had to do was remove the grille assembly and replace it with the new one.

Now, if the assembly is not sold, but you can still purchase the "mesh" part, then you will have to modify the housing and use the special brackets (should come with the grille)for the PIAA lights (if you go that way) to attach it to the housing. And there is a little trick to attach the "SHELBY" letters and retaining bar to the grille. too.

When I get home, I do believe that I have pics of the step by step procedure on how to assemble the gille. If I find them, I will post them up here on this thread.

Hopefully it wasnt too confusing LOL :)

Bud

Thanks for the input. I love my Shelby GT put I'm not sold on the billet grill. I was hoping the CS6 grill was a simple switch. Shelby Performance now offers a mesh grill w/housing in chrome that isn't expensive. I would prefer it was black but I might give it a try. Another option for me might be to switch it out with an Eleanor grill w/center fog lights. Thanks again.

Archived