TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Supporting Vendors have Vanished

crawlina

I agree 1000%

If I want an opinion on a mod, I don't want to ask the guy who stands to profit........I want the opinion of guys who went down that road before me.

If I want product information, I'll contact the vendor directly.

What I don't want is to see is the crap in the Oil Seperator Thread :nonono:

If this is true what you think about having vendors at Team Shelby then Shelby Performance Parts and Shelby American have to stop advertising here in Team Shelby too! Team Shelby is maybe a website for Shelby owners to get together but it is also a platform for Shelby to show and advertising the owne products. And don't say now this is not true because it is.

When i had join Team Shelby i was happy to find a place where i can talk about the Car and read about new parts. But i also was happy that i have found a place where i can ask all the companys that build products for my GT500 if i need help or i will become strait informations from them if something is wrong with a part and how the company will fix it for me. If every company have to start now his own website then i have to be online 24hrs every day to find out if something happen.

Also Shelby is selling parts with the name Shelby on it (like the baer brakes) but don't build it. They make money with selling the brakes at the shop but If i will call or write them now on Team Shelby then i will become the informations that i have to call the company for informations that have build this product. If the company would be a vendor on Team Shelby i would become my answers strait from the beginning. Now without vendors it would be better for me to buy the parts strait from the company that have build it because then i know that i will become my answers if i have some and they will also change a wrong part in a shorter time because i don't have to send it first back to Shelby or have to talk with Shelby so that Shelby can send it to the builder or i can send it to the builder after Shelby had give me the ok for it. For me it will save this wai time and money.

But if this happen then they can close the shop and stop advertising on Team Shelby because this way they can save money if already everybody is buying the parts strait from the company that had build them.

About the crap in the Oil Seperator Thread i only can say if Shelby never had copy a product from the beginning then the crap in the Oil Seperator Thread had never happen. Even without vendors on Team Shelby this crap would and will happen again if Shelby or someone else will copy a product from someone else again because there will be everytime someone that will start talking about it if he think that it was wrong what happen and it don't have to be the vendor that will start it.

I,for one, liked what the vender section brought to the party, it gave me an oportunity to read real time evals on parts, see installations and make reasonable choices regarding mods and upgrades on my Shelby. The Vendor section also introduced me to companys like VMP and people like Alex Mackenzie............. You guys at shelby can do whatever you want now, my Shelby is just like I want it,,,,, but I pity the po fools who are searching for answers today........ my humble oppinion is, your treating your vendors like red headed stepchildren.... they really deserve better. :mellow:

I for one, liked what the vender section brought to the party, it gave me an oportunity to read real time evals on parts, see installations and make reasonable choices regarding mods and upgrades on my Shelby. The Vendor section also introduced me to companys like VMP and people like Alex Mackenzi

+1

glad to go without banners and keeping the site clean

Oh my God who really cares it feels like high school 20 years ago. I love the cars support the brand as I think everyone here does. On the other hand I think some people are only happy when they are bitching or feed on drama. Shelby is a good company with good customer service and good people. Lets all get over this and enjoy are rides

I'll throw my 2 cents in for what it is worth (which is most likely depreciated and now valued at less than 1 cent of which Obama will tax and take most of, but here goes):

When I was heavily involved in motorcycle track days and a local related forum, we had vendors advertising and paying a fee. Unfortunately, this created some problems. Some vendors took advantage of and monopolized the forum. In addition, a pissing match began between competing vendors and unhappy customers so all the dirty laundry was made public. This went on unchecked long enough that it discouraged forum members from participating as they were tired of the ongoing banter. I was one of the moderators at the time and it was a daily chore to keep up with reading all the posts and deleting unappropriate material which eventually wore me out. I resigned from the forum, stayed away for 2 years and recently looked at the site. There is NO activity to speak of. Everyone left. Its a ghost town now and we had thousands of regional members.

My point is simply this: I come to the Shelby forum to have web based conversation and discussions mainly about all things Shelby. I'm not interested in vendor advertising and believe Shelby should keep their forum clean. Vendors should be welcome to be a forum member and frankly the best advertising is word of mouth. However, negative comments from a vendor or any form of aggressive communication should not be tolerated and only put the vendor in a bad light anyway. Word of mouth is the best advertising and I appreciate the information when I come to the forum and someone posts something positive about a vendor they worked with who gave good service and had great product/product knowledge. My opinion is the Shelby forum should move forward in this fashion with no vendor advertising. This forum population is diverse and large enough to share vendor news without advertising banners all over the place.

As previously stated, my comments aren't worth much. Just another man's opinion albiet based upon personal experience so please take it as food for thought.

Completely disagree.

I,for one, liked what the vender section brought to the party, it gave me an oportunity to read real time evals on parts, see installations and make reasonable choices regarding mods and upgrades on my Shelby. The Vendor section also introduced me to companys like VMP and people like Alex Mackenzie............. You guys at shelby can do whatever you want now, my Shelby is just like I want it,,,,, but I pity the po fools who are searching for answers today........ my humble oppinion is, your treating your vendors like red headed stepchildren.... they really deserve better. :mellow:

Completely agree.

If this is true what you think about having vendors at Team Shelby then Shelby Performance Parts and Shelby American have to stop advertising here in Team Shelby too! Team Shelby is maybe a website for Shelby owners to get together but it is also a platform for Shelby to show and advertising the owne products. And don't say now this is not true because it is.

Of course it is ........Shelby owns the site! They can do whatever they want with it

When i had join Team Shelby i was happy to find a place where i can talk about the Car and read about new parts. But i also was happy that i have found a place where i can ask all the companys that build products for my GT500 if i need help or i will become strait informations from them if something is wrong with a part and how the company will fix it for me. If every company have to start now his own website then i have to be online 24hrs every day to find out if something happen.

They already have their own websites and they moniter their own sites and email a lot more then they do posts on this forum. If you want to ask questions of vendor, I would think you'd get a much better response by contacting them directly. Why do we need a Vendor section for us to talk about what we've done with our cars? Like I said, I'd rather hear about how good a mod is from someone who put it on his car then from the guy selling it. Just my humble opinion........I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just get enough advertising, I'd like to see less not more!

Also Shelby is selling parts with the name Shelby on it (like the baer brakes) but don't build it. They make money with selling the brakes at the shop but If i will call or write them now on Team Shelby then i will become the informations that i have to call the company for informations that have build this product. If the company would be a vendor on Team Shelby i would become my answers strait from the beginning. Now without vendors it would be better for me to buy the parts strait from the company that have build it because then i know that i will become my answers if i have some and they will also change a wrong part in a shorter time because i don't have to send it first back to Shelby or have to talk with Shelby so that Shelby can send it to the builder or i can send it to the builder after Shelby had give me the ok for it. For me it will save this wai time and money.

But if this happen then they can close the shop and stop advertising on Team Shelby because this way they can save money if already everybody is buying the parts strait from the company that had build them.

Shelby has always answered any question I've had on anything I've bought from them regardless of where they get it from :shrug:

About the crap in the Oil Seperator Thread i only can say if Shelby never had copy a product from the beginning then the crap in the Oil Seperator Thread had never happen. Even without vendors on Team Shelby this crap would and will happen again if Shelby or someone else will copy a product from someone else again because there will be everytime someone that will start talking about it if he think that it was wrong what happen and it don't have to be the vendor that will start it.

Not going there.......the last thing I want to do is start that in ANOTHER thread

WOW..........either a lot of people missed this or don't want to understand what Robert is saying.

From Robert:

<01> What this actually means that, at this point, parts and merchandise can be posted on Team Shelby without being an authorized advertiser - so, it's more of an open format until we evaluate a policy going forward.

<02> We've also taken down the announcement/guidelines pertaining to Team Shelby "commercial" advertisers, however, some notes in each classified section remain at this moment.

<03> As one will notice, we haven't taken down posts made from commercial entities, providing they follow the same guidelines as everyone else.

<04> In effect, where we used to collect money from commercial entities posting on Team Shelby, we are not currently doing such.

He is bassicily saying: Vendors can STILL post up about their Products BUT at this time, they are able to do it for FREE. They used to have to pay a Monthly FEE to be able to do that but NOW they can do it for FREE! There's that word again "FREE". When he chose to do that, he remodeled the Forum. I don't see what the big deal is........IT'S FREE.

THANKS ROBERT you tha man!

I'm confused as to what the big deal is. Vendors can still tell us about a product in one of the general forums but now we have less screen height to scroll through. That sounds like a win-win to me.

Well said Champion, your Upgraded Interior is on my short list, it actually has been for a long time, but buying another Toy has gotten in the way.

I really hope you as well as others stick around.

Thank you for response. We want to stick around and support Team Shelby but it seems one sided at the moment.

Sincerely,

J.D.

Champion Mustang

Oh my God who really cares it feels like high school 20 years ago. I love the cars support the brand as I think everyone here does. On the other hand I think some people are only happy when they are bitching or feed on drama. Shelby is a good company with good customer service and good people. Lets all get over this and enjoy are rides

I am sure you would think a lot differently if you were one of those vendors ignored. Maybe you do not know anything about small business, this is a BIG Deal to them. The fact they are being left in the dark to me is wrong. Keep drinking the Cool-aid, I love my Shelby, and Jer has been unreal. Every other person I have PM'ed or e-mailed ignored 95% of my e-mails, I NEVER got replies until I got Jer involved. My issues were minor, they were about my membership, but I was so frustrated I almost left all together. I could only imagine being a Vendor ignored like that.

Thankfully Jer is at Shelby, it continues to get better!!!!

I think Shelby is going some good things but also some things that are confusing at best and damaging at worst. I would suggest a PR or Business consultant to help them, I have run a lot of businesses and there is nothing more important than customer service - take care of your customers and partners/suppliers and the rest is easy.

As stated above, at this point, there's nothing prohibiting Champion Mustang from posting products for sale providing that they are in their appropriate section - whether you're a commercial entity or not. Team Shelby has NOT billed or charged certain vendors to advertise for years, so this isn't about the money. With that being said, yes, we will certainly reach out to legacy advertisers for renewals.

All posts from November 2012 and forward were moved to their appropriate section within TS. Before we entertain moving posts prior to 2013, we want to wait a little to see what the policy will be moving forward. See screen shot below.

81131.png

Yes, another way of looking at this.

Dear Robert,

How does somebody outside of Team Shelby management view the previous postings as shown in the screen shot you uploaded. I seem not to be able to locate this anywhere. Could this be only viewable with your login?

Sincerely,

J.D.

Champion Mustang

• 1 month later...

Everything that you posted, except for what's on the screen shot below was moved into the classified ad section and is publicly readable. :)

81131-2.png

Dear Robert,

There's nothing there. So in other words we lost everything.

Sincerely,

J.D.

Champion Mustang

• 4 weeks later...

Well, looks like this topic died from shear frustration. Obviously nothing we say will change the corporate line, sad... Robert lane, I don't care where you "moved" those Vendors.... I enjoyed going right to them on this site and now that's gone. I miss Mackenzie Mustang and his "builds", liked his insights on making Shelby Mustangs better.... Valuable asset and it's gone.

just another voice crying in the wilderness

Hey Guys take a break. How about we remember that Shelby American has lost it's founder. I have been in Mr. Luft's situation and I know that some of you have also. The man and his team need time to adjust, set goals and meet sales! Things cannot stay as they were if Shelby name is to survive. Shelby American must continue to make make money and grow! It is almost as if they are going threw a LEAN Training session. Look at vendors, sales and future areas of business. My GT500 has Shelby, JLT, MGW, Metco and Bangastang parts. I am happy with them all. But believe me when I can order from Shelby American I have received service, value and quality! I truly hope that they will continue to develop their parts line with new components, vendors and upgrades. Good Luck Gentlemen and I believe all at Team Shelby will be there to assist!

My Two Cents! plus tax.

Archived