TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripe Removal!?!?!

ThomasL

So i have a 2012 black w/ red stripes. Seriously debating removing the stripes on the hood to the back and possibly leaving the ones on the doors. Or removing all of em. Hell, I don't know. Is it as simple as peeling them off (like I did for my Harley F150 graphics)? Thoughts?

Can't speak to the factory stripes, but on my 2005 GT, I had applied aftermarket Superstripes. Looked good for awhile, but after about 6 or so years, they really looked poor. So I removed them. I used a hair dryer and heated the stripe as I went. They basically just peeled up. But, it does leave adhesive residue behind, which is a pain in the butt to remove. Used additional heat, goo gone, then cleaned and waxed. I like the 05 better sans stripes now.......

For me personally, if you remove the over the top stripes, I would also remove the side stripes. But again, just me......

Good luck with your decision. If you do it, just take you time and post up some before and after pics.....

Mike

I personally like stripes on GT500's but it's all a matter of personal taste. To answer your question yes they are easy enough to remove. If you have a hair drier or heat gun it can help with stuborn stripes. Warmer they are easier to remove in my experience.

I personally like stripes on GT500's but it's all a matter of personal taste. To answer your question yes they are easy enough to remove. If you have a hair drier or heat gun it can help with stuborn stripes. Warmer they are easier to remove in my experience.

The people at Shelby told me the newer they are, the easier they are to remove.

I assumed it has something to do with them drying out and 'flaking' off when they get older.

Phill

Archived